Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US Presidential Election 2020 Thread II - Judgement Day(s)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,617 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Trump now looks not just like loosing, but getting his ass handed to him. 264/214....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,139 ✭✭✭✭briany

Huh?
    This is a man who sues everyone for everything to try to intimidate them. Given that it won't be his money that'll be being spent he'll have them in court as long as they possibly can.

Trump's lawsuits generally have him standing to gain something, even if it's just a countersuit to stop himself getting done on something. He would have nothing to gain from a lawsuit over the PA vote if it ended up not even mattering to the overall result, so I don't see him pursuing it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Less than 60,000 votes in the Georgia race. CNN estimates 185,000 uncounted votes. Biden needs 65-67% of them to take it. CNN say he's currently taking 71% of them. This is doable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

When will Georgia finish counting?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Biden closing in at a rate of knots in Georgia

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,928 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

AP correct in how they are calling so far?

Biden 264, Trump 214

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

Who thinks Trump won't run again?
    There's a 50/50 chance that the only running he'll do is around the prison yard. I'm only giving it 50/50 because I'm not sure he can run.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Shelga wrote: »
    I would love it if both the GOP and the Democrats publicly committed to running a woman in 2024 (presuming Biden wins, and only does one term).

Never, ever going to happen though! I just want to see the lunatics froth at the mouth, with no one to vote for except a woman.

Ah now, no earthly reason to go down that route. Kamala Harris will be the Dems nominee in any event as she'll almost certainly take over after the mid terms should Biden win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

TomOnBoard wrote: »
    In addition, despite all the efforts of the Lincoln Project, Meidas Touch and other hard-hitting media campaigns, his down-ballot performance has been strong in that Dem projections of Blue Waves in Senate and House have simply not even been ripples. In fact, Dems may be worse off rather than better off in the new Congress..

You'd wonder if it was either

A. The support for trump helped the GOP down ballot because trump
    B. The assumption that Biden had it in the bag and typical GOP voters wanted to ensure there was a check on his power.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,549 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

DubInMeath wrote: »

Biden 264, Trump 214

No, they are still calling Arizona, which still has plenty left to play for

briany wrote: »
    Trump's lawsuits generally have him standing to gain something, even if it's just a countersuit to stop himself getting done on something. He would have nothing to gain from a lawsuit over the PA vote if it ended up not even mattering to the overall result, so I don't see him pursuing it.

If he gets reelected from it (not saying he would) would he not have a buffer against his debts etc that are coming his way soonn according to some?
    That would be worth a shot for him surely?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,232 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

It's bit early to ask, but what the heck - who'd be in line for the GOP in 2024?
    Nikki Haley....Trump junior..Tom Cotton..Pence maybe?

I think someone even like Mike pompeo might fancy it.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Trigger wrote: »
    No, they are still calling Arizona, which still has plenty left to play for

Fox are calling Az too. Historically they're right.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭This is it

Biden 264, Trump 214

Presume that's Arizona? Leaving the Nevada 6 for 270

He spent all his campaign money days ago.

Been sending out e-mails (a lot of them) fundraising for the legal fight.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Biden 264, Trump 214

Yep and he's closing in on Pennsylvania and Georgia.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,617 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Only about 7,500 in it in Nevada

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,528 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I've switched over to Fox from CNN.

I'm surprsied at Fox's coverage. 2 calm and balanced presenters and they have interviewed representatives from both parties and challenged Trumpr representative for evidence of voter fraud.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Looking good for Biden in Pennsylvania.

https://twitter.com/Nate_Cohn/status/1324130040414720001

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,528 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Strumms wrote: »

Like that all day but Biden expected to take it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

murpho999 wrote: »

I'm surprsied at Fox's coverage. 2 calm and balanced presenters and they have interviewed representatives from both parties and challenged Trumpr representative for evidence of voter fraud.

As far as they are concerned Trump has left the building....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,121 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

You'd wonder if it was either

A. The support for trump helped the GOP down ballot because trump
    B. The assumption that Biden had it in the bag and typical GOP voters wanted to ensure there was a check on his power.

Yeah, I dunno. All I do know is that I believe there was an irrational exuberance attached to The Lincoln Project, as though they were some kind of Robin Hoods, when in fact, they were just the Sheriff of Nottingham in disguise!

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

murpho999 wrote: »

Fox’s election coverage is excellent.

Their problem is the absolute shock jock goons they have posing as journalists on their schedule.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,121 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

Been sending out e-mails (a lot of them) fundraising for the legal fight.

Both campaigns are doing that as we speak.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,928 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Possible, not probable, but possible Biden vould take PA, Georgia and Nevada tonight.

In other "Fox sticks 2 fingers up to Trump" news..

https://twitter.com/jwpetersNYT/status/1324128772849913863?s=19

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

Mellor wrote: »
    No new outlet has called any state based on patterns of votes for a candidate who is behind . It's universally when they are ahead with an gap that can't be closesd.

This isn't true. Virginia was called by the guardian (and possibly the AP) when Trump was ahead. A few states were called before a single vote was counted.

Strumms wrote: »

Been like that for a lonnnnnnnnng time, they haven't released any numbers in hours.

Seems like they might bring out something though ahead of their 9am time they set themselves earlier due to the interest in the count.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭Shelga

Ah now, no earthly reason to go down that route. Kamala Harris will be the Dems nominee in any event as she'll almost certainly take over after the mid terms should Biden win.

Will she though? Are these people really going to vote for mixed race woman with no children? I fear that it'll be seen as VP being one thing, POTUS quite another.

• Advertisement

This is it wrote: »
    Presume that's Arizona? Leaving the Nevada 6 for 270

Sorry AP as is Associated Press.

They have Biden at 51% 1,411,235, Trump at
    47.6% 1,318,219 for Arizona with 86% reported, while Nevada. 49.3% 588,252 and 48.7% 580,605, with 75% reported

Advertisement