Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US Presidential Election 2020 Thread II - Judgement Day(s)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,121 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

murpho999 wrote: »
    I've switched over to Fox from CNN.

I'm surprsied at Fox's coverage. 2 calm and balanced presenters and they have interviewed representatives from both parties and challenged Trumpr representative for evidence of voter fraud.

Yeah, Brett Baier and Martha Mc Callum have been steady. None of the Gutfield or Ingraham histrionics.

For me however, the John King/Wolf Blitzer twofer has been the most exciting and informative.. Jeez, King has some head for sums!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

TomOnBoard wrote: »
    Yeah, I dunno. All I do know is that I believe there was an irrational exuberance attached to The Lincoln Project, as though they were some kind of Robin Hoods, when in fact, they were just the Sheriff of Nottingham in disguise!

Well....thats a separate issue but okay, I wouldn't be a huge fan of some of the LP guys either.

Both campaigns are doing that as we speak.

Okay, was just responding to a poster who was saying the trump campaign had no money left.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,612 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Biden closing in at a rate of knots in Georgia

It's actually annoyingly slow! Biden has caught up by about 47k over the course of the day and remains 57k behind.

OhHiMark wrote: »
    This isn't true. Virginia was called by the guardian (and possibly the AP) when Trump was ahead. A few states were called before a single vote was counted.

Some states can be called right now for 2024, no problem and especially once they get the initial poll results as long as there isn't some mental voting pattern there are plenty of states you can just put in the blue or red category regardless.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

https://twitter.com/Nate_Cohn/status/1324131778295173120

He says that 2 points is a conservative estimate as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,121 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

Well....thats a separate issue but okay, I wouldn't be a huge fan of some of the LP guys either.

Okay, was just responding to a poster who was saying the trump campaign had no money left.

Hey Stringer... I'm just commenting, not criticising... ;-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,528 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Yeah, Brett Baier and Martha Mc Callum have been steady. None of the Gutfield or Ingraham histrionics.

For me however, the John King/Wolf Blitzer twofer has been the most exciting and informative.. Jeez, King has some head for sums!!!

Yes I've been watching CNN most of the time.

King has been excellent. Even last night when numbers looked good for Trump and people here were calling the election done and claiming that betting exchanges are the best indicators for elections (:rolleyes:), he was saying it could all change and how the order of how votes are counted and the urban centres etc.

He 's been excellent and proven right today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

Biden needs 68.2% of the remaining vote in Georgia (97%) to pull ahead.
    The last 2 counties left are De Kalb and Fulton.
    In both counties he's above the 68.2% mark.

De Kalb
    D Joe Biden 299,147 83.10%
    R Donald Trump 56,800 15.80%
    Reporting 94% in

Fulton
    D Joe Biden 331,384 72.00%
    R Donald Trump 123,332 26.80%
    Reporting 96% in

I see Twitter has begun flagging some of trumps tweets where hes claiming victory and all the rest of his ****.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Faugheen wrote: »
    Fox’s election coverage is excellent.

Their problem is the absolute shock jock goons they have posing as journalists on their schedule.

It's very stange. I tuned in earlier for about half an hour and heard one of those types comparing this election to having sex with the Christmas turkey. Very bizzare stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

King has been excellent. Even last night when numbers looked good for Trump and people here were calling the election done and using claiming that betting exchanges are the best indicators for elections (:rolleyes:), he was saying it could all change and how the order of how votes are counted and the urban centres etc.

He Was a lot calmer than I was last night

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

This is totally normal behaviour from a President of the US. Looks like someone took the phone off him before he could do a follow up. Or maybe we have to infer the rest.

johnmcdnl wrote: »

De Kalb
    Reporting 94% in

Fulton
    Reporting 96% in

Òoooooooooooh

they/them/theirs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,612 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

johnmcdnl wrote: »

De Kalb
    Reporting 94% in

Fulton
    Reporting 96% in

According the NYT, there is only 94% counted (dunno what that is based on). If so there is 300k still outstanding. In that case Biden barely needs 60%. Its evens on PP right now, probably worth a punt.

King has been excellent. Even last night when numbers looked good for Trump and people here were calling the election done and using claiming that betting exchanges are the best indicators for elections (:rolleyes:), he was saying it could all change and how the order of how votes are counted and the urban centres etc.

Just to be that guy. Yeah it was tough going last night at times for the likes of King and myself to have to constantly remind people of the importance of the type of ballot and the county the ballot came from. To face down the constant histrionics :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

errlloyd wrote: »
    According the NYT, there is only 94% counted (dunno what that is based on). If so there is 300k still outstanding. In that case Biden barely needs 60%. Its evens on PP right now, probably worth a punt.

Fox news has 97% as do Google so assume some new dáta is coming in.
    Numbers taken from Fox for my calculations

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,234 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

I see Twitter has begun flagging some of trumps tweets where hes claiming victory and all the rest of his ****.

They've been flagging his tweets for a long time when they've been lies or false.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭Shelga

I keep being reminded of that scene near the end of Air Force One where Gary Oldman's character realises the passengers are all escaping via parachute and there's not a thing he can do about it and he's flipping out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭This is it

Is there an estimate for Nevada and Pennsylvania being called? Had some head on me this morning after staying up till 4am last night :/

• Advertisement

To see the blue wall fully rebuilt would be some going from Biden in fairness to him.

Picked up what 350/400k votes today?

Still needs about 67/70%, to do it but he is running like a demon in PA so I wouldn't bet against it right now.

I have always been strong on his chances in Georgia, and getting PA, GA, AZ and holding NV would be incredible all things considered.

trump yet again out performing his numbers is a real headscratcher. They simply do not have a way to account for him in polling apparently!

Hurrache wrote: »
    They've been flagging his tweets for a long time when they've been lies or false.

I had a look at his Twitter feed. It's a disgrace.

they/them/theirs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,514 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

It's bit early to ask, but what the heck - who'd be in line for the GOP in 2024?

If Biden wins. It could well be Donald Trump in 2024.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,502 ✭✭✭valoren

prawnsambo wrote: »
    This is totally normal behaviour from a President of the US. Looks like someone took the phone off him before he could do a follow up. Or maybe we have to infer the rest.

We have claimed, for Electoral Vote purposes, the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania (which won’t allow legal observers) the State of Georgia, and the State of North Carolina, each one of which has a BIG Trump lead. Additionally, we hereby claim the State of Michigan if, in fact,.
    .....there was a large number of secretly dumped ballots as has been widely reported!

Full tweet.

I only saw that they started flagging these ones in particular recently, I know they were tagging his other bull**** - the outcry about it sure :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,925 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Mellor wrote: »
    If Biden wins. It could well be Donald Trump in 2024.

Would love to see him on the ticket in 2024.

But he'll be busy with the indictments and the rape case waiting for him at the end of January...

This is it wrote: »
    Is there an estimate for Nevada and Pennsylvania being called? Had some head on me this morning after staying up till 4am last night :/

Nevada could be 4-5am.

Pennsylvania could be next week!

they/them/theirs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

The flags have been particularly busy and specific today though. Nearly every second tweet is getting the treatment. Probably because it's not just normal lies, but election lies. The one I posted above where it looked like he was just declaring states his, like Gollum with his precious got the red flag treatment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,925 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

This guy has a solid record of being correct

https://twitter.com/Redistrict/status/1324131302178725888?s=19

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,229 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I only saw that they started flagging these ones in particular recently, I know they were tagging his other bull**** - the outcry about it sure :pac:

They’re flagging the press secretary and Eric trumps tweets.

Advertisement