Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US Presidential Election 2020 Thread II - Judgement Day(s)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,514 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

OhHiMark wrote: »
    This isn't true. Virginia was called by the guardian (and possibly the AP) when Trump was ahead. A few states were called before a single vote was counted.

I was refering to battleground states, swing states, or any that are contentious at all. Calling California for Biden is barely news

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Might not be worth staying up, folks. Looks like no Nevada result until 2pm our time tomorrow.

https://twitter.com/RileySnyder/status/1324133697340145664

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Mellor wrote: »
    If Biden wins. It could well be Donald Trump in 2024.

Can't see it, he will be another 4 years older and isn't in the best of health as is and will have to come through plenty of legal hurdles once he's bounced out of office.

Would also winder if a lot of the GOP will be happy to see the back of him too and try take back the party, they built incredibly well after 2006 without trump and they can do so again.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,229 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Might not be worth staying up, folks. Looks like no Nevada result until 2pm our time tomorrow.

Well I wasn’t planning to stay up as my eyes are killing me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,234 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

This is it wrote: »
    Is there an estimate for Nevada and Pennsylvania being called? Had some head on me this morning after staying up till 4am last night :/

Same here, can't do it again so off to bed now.

• Advertisement

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    They’re flagging the press secretary and Eric trumps tweets.

That tickles me from the "I will never lie to you" press secretary

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,121 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

This is a great response from a preacher in Detroit:

The Recount (@therecount) tweeted at 8:59 pm on Wed, Nov 04, 2020:
    Chaplain in Detroit on the “stop the count” protests:

“We’re not deterred … The Black vote in Detroit is higher than it’s ever been and we will determine the outcome — because we’ve gone from picking cotton to picking presidents.” #Election2020 https://t.co/J4CLPf21yL
    (https://twitter.com/therecount/status/1324093841557856257?s=02)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

prawnsambo wrote: »
    The flags have been particularly busy and specific today though. Nearly every second tweet is getting the treatment. Probably because it's not just normal lies, but election lies. The one I posted above where it looked like he was just declaring states his, like Gollum with his precious got the red flag treatment.

I wonder is Dorsey going to personally hit the ban hammer when Trump is a private citizen?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭eire4

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    The GOP might have packed the supreme court but there is no way in hell they will pass any legislation that will disenfranchise voters. Anything that trump has put before them that contradicts the fundamentals of democracy in america they have thrown out. They might have conservative views but they don't want to rip up the basic principles of the american legal and political system. It will be laughed out of the court.

Republican controlled state legislatures will be doubling down on their voter suppression and voter role purges etc now they have a stacked Supreme court and the supreme court will rubber stamp those just like they gutted the voting rights act and that was when they only had a 5-4 supreme court majority.

Is that an update?

They initially said, hours ago, they won't be making any further announcements until 9am local, but then came out saying they might get something out tonight.

I know people want it done, hell I want it done, but I'd rather they do it right rather than fast. Definitely don't let it keep you from your sleep though folks. You being awake or asleep will not change the outcome and it will still be generating plenty of discussion for the foreseeable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭eire4

The Republican party is the American fascist party, that's their brand.

So true they really have lurched so far to the right they are barely a quasi democratic party now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,617 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Can't see it, he will be another 4 years older and isn't in the best of health as is and will have to come through plenty of legal hurdles once he's bounced out of office.

Would also winder if a lot of the GOP will be happy to see the back of him too and try take back the party, they built incredibly well after 2006 without trump and they can do so again.

Republicans are seriously competitive people by nature. They dislike loosing, immensely. Donald will be fûcked under the bus, as he should be. He will be months short of his 80th birthday too, a man last remembered by the electorate as a failure, as a really shoddy individual..he’d never be a potential candidate, he’s too associated with failure.

CNN say Georgia will update numbers in ten minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,528 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

CNN say Georgia will update numbers in ten minutes.

Damn, I was thinking of going to bed after 3 hours sleep last night and now they've sucked me back in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 813 ✭✭✭IrishStuff09

Is that an update?

They initially said, hours ago, they won't be making any further announcements until 9am local, but then came out saying they might get something out tonight.

I know people want it done, hell I want it done, but I'd rather they do it right rather than fast. Definitely don't let it keep you from your sleep though folks. You being awake or asleep will not change the outcome and it will still be generating plenty of discussion for the foreseeable.

Seems to be the case. Spotted the same on the NY Times feed

ZLRAfM7.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,514 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Certainly wouldn't be the plan from the get go for the GOP.
    But if Trump is willing to spend his own money on it he could well drum up enough support on the ground to force it. He started 2016 as a novelty candidate. He only became the GOP after taking primaries.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,290 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

There are so called '' heroes'' out there who work in a position of power and have used it to pick off Trump votes.
    Same as those people out there pulling down Trump election posters.

It's a fact, and it only gives Trump gas for his fire.

Bret Baier tweeted about Fox News coverage tonight and the replies under his tweet show the trump base aren’t happy. The word coup is used several times.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,041 ✭✭✭Christy42

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Bret Baier tweeted about Fox News coverage tonight and the replies under his tweet show the trump base aren’t happy. The word coup is used several times.

I noticed they had a very high down vote ratio on their feed which I am guessing is their base not happy that Republicans are not winning and fox and screaming cheaters at Democrats.

I’ve decided to listen to msnbc and see how long I stay awake. Btw if John king is late nineties Jordan than Steve Kornacki is rookie Kobe.

• Advertisement

CNN now say Nevada's Secretary of State hopeful of releasing more votes later. This is confusing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,617 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

The only reason that Trump is where he is, let’s face it is because the Democratic Party royally fûcked up last time with backing Hillary Clinton...backing a surname over substance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Nevada will have more results tonight per CNN just now.

Mixed messaging coming out of NV obviously, CNN just reporting again that they may get an update soon but maybe they just didn't get the latest memo

Georgia will be finished tonight.

As per county election director in a press conference from the count centre now. Not many votes left to go through the machines - about 30/40k left.

5 hours to go though he says, after midnight their time, its 7.15pm there now

He still said more votes can come in, military etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

AP reports trump is trying to stop the Georgia vote, signs of the tide firmly turned there too?

https://twitter.com/CourtneyDBryant/status/1324139665285328899

Georgia update is they expect their count to go at least another 5 hours. They are confident they'll finish tonight, so early morning for us.

CNN now say Nevada's Secretary of State hopeful of releasing more votes later. This is confusing.

The only thing I find confusing is that they announced last night that they were stopping until tomorrow morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,612 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

I don't think he's speaking for all of Georgia

• Advertisement

errlloyd wrote: »
    I don't think he's speaking for all of Georgia

Now it's for Fulton County.

Another positive from today is that my knowledge of US county names and locations has increased even more than Biden's vote rate today.:D

Advertisement