Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

700 new Domino's jobs?

• 02-11-2020 8:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭

I see Domino's have announced 715 "new jobs"

They make similar announcements every year. Last year it was "500 new jobs", in 2018 it was similar, in 2017 it was 400.

Last year they said that they will open up to 25 new stores - one opened.

Do the media not check any of the utter sh1te that companies send.

If all the sh1te Domino's claimed over the past few years was true, they'd have over 5,000 staff and about 500 stores.

And still sell overpriced muck.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

They mean it this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭McGinniesta

go on the pizza

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,640 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Little to be bothering ya

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

go on the pizza

do the jobs include zero hour no salary tips only drivers? tasty pizzas thou. If only they’d get
    my order right for a change thou ..
    maybe with 500 new staff...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,409 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Darc19 wrote: »

They make similar announcements every year. Last year it was "500 new jobs", in 2018 it was similar, in 2017 it was 400.

Last year they said that they will open up to 25 new stores - one opened.

Do the media not check any of the utter sh1te that companies send.

If all the sh1te Domino's claimed over the past few years was true, they'd have over 5,000 staff and about 500 stores.

And still sell overpriced muck.

You seem angry .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Extremely overpriced food, oy ever buy when at least 30%off and rarely at that.

Dundrum and bray seem to be the best imo, bray gave me 2 hot boxes too which were brilliant then my dog ate one.....

Delivery drivers seem to be always needed and they always seem busy, rathmines does be nuts with the amount of cars etc... Was much better when it was nearly all bikes, cub 50/90

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

That's a **** ton of pizza.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭LuasSimon

The way they treat staff they should go through 500 staff quite quickly .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,480 ✭✭✭✭road_high

They’re something that would do quite well in lockdowns where people have deck all else to look forward to. Average enough pizza- menu seems stuck in the past for me nothing innovative or “gourmet” that would make me want to go there. Think I went there once in the past year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,640 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

road_high wrote: »
    They’re something that would do quite well in lockdowns where people have deck all else to look forward to. Average enough pizza- menu seems stuck in the past for me nothing innovative or “gourmet” that would make me want to go there. Think I went there once in the past year.

Gourmet pizzas are for the type of w@nkers that wear loafers with no socks.

• Advertisement

They don’t need a menu. Pepperoni pizza. That’s it. All else is muck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,480 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Witcher wrote: »

Perhaps but their menu is boring and stale. Each to their own

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭pgj2015

road_high wrote: »
    Perhaps but their menu is boring and stale. Each to their own

menu? we are talking about pizza ffs. just tell them what you want on it, job done.

Bring back the donuts and chocolate melt, miss them so much, I actually don't eat pizza but get combos etc....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,702 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

They don’t need a menu. Pepperoni pizza.

No deal.

Bacon, olives and sweetcorn. And that's the end of it.

In other news: Never order "ham" on a pizza in any of the big pizza franchises. Its basically spam. A sort of hellish pink gunk comprising of reclaimed animal tissue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

You seem angry .

LOL, actually laughing at how gullible the media are.

Attaboy, Woodward.

No deal.

Bacon, olives and sweetcorn. And that's the end of it.

In other news: Never order "ham" on a pizza in any of the big pizza franchises. Its basically spam. A sort of hellish pink gunk comprising of reclaimed animal tissue.

Have you tried spam fritters? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

Witcher wrote: »

Dominos pizzas are for the type of **** that wear Air Max with their trackies tucked into their socks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,702 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

Have you tried spam fritters? :)

Just no. Please leave.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭global23214124

Like I said the last time, it won't happen again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

So a real domino effect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Lewis_Benson

do the jobs include zero hour no salary tips only drivers? tasty pizzas thou. If only they’d get
    my order right for a change thou ..
    maybe with 500 new staff...

Their pizzas are meh...
    Nobody does proper Italian style pizzas... Not even itialian chippers....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭doublejobbing 2

Darc19 wrote: »

Rumour has it Dominos Ireland is a subdivision of our Housing Ministry. Their yearly press releases seem like a cut and paste of our yearly affordable housing schemes that have been re promised yearly since 2016.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭doublejobbing 2

Aside from that I've not ordered Dominos since they seemingly got rid of their "name your own pizza" function where you built your own pizza then named it for use every future time. Was always about 4 quid cheaper than the standard menu.

Free delivery is also gone from my local one. No more Sunday morning business from me when I'm too hungover to drive.

Aside from that I've not ordered Dominos since they seemingly got rid of their "name your own pizza" function where you built your own pizza then named it for use every future time. Was always about 4 quid cheaper than the standard menu.

Free delivery is also gone from my local one. No more Sunday morning business from me when I'm too hungover to drive.

Its free when over a certain amount

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

They don’t need a menu. Pepperoni pizza. That’s it. All else is muck.

It's good enough for the gob****es that buy it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Viscount Aggro

I know a guy who runs a rival pizza delivery place. The x large pizza, say its 18 euro. It costs less than 2 euro to make.

Also, majority of delivery drivers are Asian, middle east, English "students"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,440 ✭✭✭Homelander

I do think Domino's do fairly nice pizza but it's so damn expensive I rarely get it.

Their meal deals are crap as well. "only" €7 extra for a small portion of soggy wedges and 3 chicken dippers to go along with your pizza the size of a frisbie.

Best value is when places have some sort of any-size-pizza deal on for a set price, or whatever.

Papa John's usually have vouchers going as well, so you can get two medium or large pizzas for the price of one, which makes it fairly reasonable.

• Advertisement
Advertisement