Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

OpenATV Tuner priority/preferred question - Thanks in advance

• 02-11-2020 8:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭

He Folks.

So i spent some of lockdown 1 and 2 looking to upgrade my kit, and recently acquired a VU+ Duo2. I originally intended to use this solely for my foreign satellites (7,9,13,16,19.2,23.5E), but i found the box such a joy. Incredible operating stability, EPG acquisition is flawless. I reconfigured my DISEQC switches and LNB feeds as follows to have one box for all my TV

Tuner 1: DISEQC1 A: 7Eeast
    B: 19.2East
    C: 23.5East
    D: 28.2East (Freesat)

Tuner 2: DISEQC2 A: 16East
    B: 13East
    C: 9East
    D: 28.2East (Freesat)
    Tuner 3: DVBT2 Saorview

It works fantastically running OPENATV 6.4. Twin Tuner is perfect on Satellite and the output from the T2 Tuner ports into my Saorview TV so i have basic Twin Tuner capability if i am recording one Saorview Station on the Box, and watching another on the TV (regardless of Mux) - im delighted with this its a massive step forward for me!
    There is one nitpick; and it is just that, a nitpick! lol. I have noticed that the Box automatically uses Tuner one for Recording anything on Freesat. This obviously disables all the other birds on my Diseqc1, which has happened a few times (wouldnt have noticed except im frequently looking at EUROSPORT DEUTSCHLAND on 19 - and it vanishes or becomes 'unavailable'! took me a few minutes to realize it was that Tuner 1 is default)

The nit pick is: is there a way to tell the box to use a specific tuner for recording? to specify which tuner to use? Obviously i could wire it differently, with 19 to diseqc 2, but same issue will crop up for hotbird. So just to be clear, im wondering is there a way to specify a tuner when im clicking record?

Thanks in advance, and if its not possible its no bother. Its just a niggle but overall im massively impressed with the VU+

Sic semper tyrannis - thus always to Tyrants

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,891 ✭✭✭Zardoz

There is an option to set the preferred tuner for recording in the recording setup.

Advertisement