Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

4 dead and several injured after terrorist incident in Vienna, Austria

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭GT89

It's funny. I dont remember voting for any of this.

I don't politicians are incompetent in fact I think they are very competent on issues they care about. Picture this interview between ordinary joe soap (JS) and a liberal elite politician (LEP)

JS: Can you make people stay within 5km of their home because of covid?
    LEP: Of course that is easy no problem at all
    JS: What about making citizens wear face masks?
    LEP: Sure thing I will sign off the laws tonight it is no problem
    JS: Ok what about giving yourself a pay rise?
    LEP: Of course don't I deserve it for all the hard work I put in
    JS: Okay and finally LEP what about controlling the borders?
    LEP: No that is just too hard it would be too difficult

• Registered Users Posts: 4,750 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

VG31 wrote: »
    The French have backbone, I couldn't imagine Germany for example having the same "no surrender" approach.

One could say they didn't show much backbone when the tanks rolled accross the Ardennes and the leaders ran to vichy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

bear1 wrote: »
    Are we seriously suggesting we open dialogue with Islamists and also comparing it to the troubles?

No just the usual gob****e is.

You may notice those massive plant pots at the top of both roads during Christmas. Nobody said anything about them but they are there to stop a car or a truck running down the road. These things are huge, have a few lights on then for decorations and stuff but you ain't getting a car through them. A truck maybe but it would need a decent run up and the bang from it would be enough to warn people to get out of the way.

Gun/Grenade attacks are very different. They find it very hard to get serious weaponry over here. Even the UK have never had gun attacks. It usually machetes and homemade explosives. Mainland Europe have land borders, so not as hard.

Yeah I've seen them alright but there still bits exposed for example around the Spire seems quite vulnerable. Also large congregations at bus and Luas stops in the city centre which are exposed and vulnerable to cultural enrichment.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,461 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

RonaVirus wrote: »
    Another day in Europe and another Islamist attack.

But sure let's import a rake of them here. Doesn't matter about the innocents shot down 5-10 years from now in our streets. They are the price we must pay for progressiveness.

Diversity is our strength.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

Maybe the anti immigration Brexiteers were right after all.

you bet they were right.

they wont be taking orders to take x amount of lunatics in to the UK, like us here will

Pity we dont get out of europe.
    What good was it fighting 800 years against British Rule only to get independence and hand it over freely to europe

• Registered Users Posts: 4,933 ✭✭✭enricoh

But sure let's import a rake of them here. Doesn't matter about the innocents shot down 5-10 years from now in our streets. They are the price we must pay for progressiveness.

There'll be plenty of plum jobs for our politicians in Brussels, the UN etc etc.
    Rte can make a few programmes about a couple of em playing hurling n our cricket team improving.
    A few Direct provision owners will become multimillionaires while they do their penance before getting the set of house keys.
    Not much of a trade off really!

Is someone importing terrorists?
    Tell them not to bother, we have plenty of our own home grown ones here!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭growleaves

The same people in power who imposed covid lockdowns insisted on allowing in violent immigrants to Europe and swatted aside objections with dishonest accusations of 'racism'.

I think that should be born in mind if these attacks are used as a justification for some kind of 'solution' which involves impositions on ordinary people.

Diversity is our strength.

That saying will one day go down in history in a similar manner to "work will set you free".

• Advertisement

bubblypop wrote: »
    If you have information about terrorists in this country, I suggest you pass this into An Gardai Siochana asap.

Lisa Smith still prancing around with not a care in the world. She is being dealt with at a outrageously slow pace.

Not on trial until 2022 ffs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭Trouser Snake

How can you be so deluded?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 70 ✭✭Himpy5

c.p.w.g.w wrote: »
    Might get LePen is France

No good she's compromised

Maybe the yellow vests will take over

Aha, touché.

You got us there.

Leave em all in lads! This man made a funny!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    No just the usual gob****e is.

Oh ok because for a moment there it seemed like someone was foolish enough to assume it was a) comparable and b) negotiable.
    I'd challenge any "westerner" to go to the Middle East and try and force Catholicism.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,157 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Looks like a wave, where is next, this is organized and more to follow.

How can one be so deluded?

One what?
    Do you not believe we have terrorists here already??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Some posters must think that there are currently no Muslims living in the country? Yano there are actually loads and there has never been a muslim terrorist attack here....funny that.

However if a single new one comes into the country then we will all be slaughters on the streets apparently.

One what?

What's your reason for wanting more then?
    I dont know what point you're trying to make.

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    Lisa Smith still prancing around with not a care in the world. She is being dealt with at a outrageously slow pace.

Not on trial until 2022 ffs.

Lisa Smith is charged and before the courts.
    Justice is being done. What else could you want?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,971 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Looks like a wave, where is next, this is organized and more to follow.

Was thinking that too. But gave myself a slap. The slap wasn’t worth a damn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭Trouser Snake

One what?

So your answer is welcome more in?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,839 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

One what?

You are a bit obvious.

I'm surprised they haven't succeeded in Italy yet.

JJayoo wrote: »
    Some posters must think that there are currently no Muslims living in the country? Yano there are actually loads and there has never been a muslim terrorist attack here....funny that.

However if a single new one comes into the country then we will all be slaughters on the streets apparently.

ISIS are active in this country

JJayoo wrote: »

How much do you want to bet that there won't be a terrorist attack here in the next few years? Because name your price.

I'm surprised they haven't succeeded in Italy yet.

Lisa Smith is charged and before the courts.
    Justice is being done. What else could you want?

Quicker justice than a 2022 trial for one. The case is clear cut. What is the hold up.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 70 ✭✭Himpy5

It's ****ing sickening
    You try to have a safe place for your children to grow up and our government will let in people who would run them over with an articylated truck

Rip the innocent victims

I'm out too depressing

• Advertisement

What's your reason for wanting more then?
    I dont know what point you're trying to make.

More what? Terrorists?
    I don't want more terrorists, who does?

What's your point??

Advertisement