Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

4 dead and several injured after terrorist incident in Vienna, Austria

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,857 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

The people who motivate others to do these things aren't doing it for a simple "hatred". They do it for power. They want to develop a system of chaos with themselves at the centre.

And, as witnessed on this thread, it is quite easy for them to, at least initially, achieve their aims and stoke up that necessary hatred in reverse. They want a war. They want chaos. They need to recruit more people on their side that they can command and direct though. The best way for them to do this is for them to convince their "enemy" to react in ways that convince others to join them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Bigbagofcans

I just hope that the recent attacks in Europe don't see the rise of a populism in Europe. Last thing we need is a further lurch to the far right.

No, the last thing we need is for all our European cities to be under attack by Islamic terrorists. I don't support the far right but the far left have gotten us into this mess & won't help us out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭patsman07

JJayoo wrote: »
    Some posters must think that there are currently no Muslims living in the country? Yano there are actually loads and there has never been a muslim terrorist attack here....funny that.

However if a single new one comes into the country then we will all be slaughters on the streets apparently.

If they are willing to do this to their own toddlers

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/courts/circuit-court/parents-jailed-over-female-genital-mutilation-of-daughter-1.4152765

Do you really think we will have to wait much longer?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,839 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

The people who motivate others to do these things aren't doing it for a simple "hatred". They do it for power. They want to develop a system of chaos with themselves at the centre.

And, as witnessed on this thread, it is quite easy for them to, at least initially, achieve their aims and stoke up that necessary hatred in reverse. They want a war. They want chaos. They need to recruit more people on their side that they can command and direct though. The best way for them to do this is for them to convince their "enemy" to react in ways that convince others to join them.

Exactly, people need to sit back and enjoy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,161 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Europe too tolerant of those who in front of us preach hate, but you can't touch them until they kill several people. Should kick them out beforehand

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,461 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

bubblypop wrote: »
    More what? Terrorists?
    I don't want more terrorists, who does?

What's your point??

Well what are you on about? You come on here and mention irish terrorism on this thread to get what ever political boot you want to get in like nobody has ever covered the IRA vs ISIS thing before... And it's bollocks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

JJayoo wrote: »
    Some posters must think that there are currently no Muslims living in the country? Yano there are actually loads and there has never been a muslim terrorist attack here....funny that.

However if a single new one comes into the country then we will all be slaughters on the streets apparently.

ISIS raise money in Ireland. Some of those "loads of muslims " were the ones collecting money

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/suspected-isis-fundraisers-held-in-dublin-over-syria-cash-transfers-1.3767202

You might have even unwittingly given a few Euro yourself towards funding terrorism. I might have too.

Every country has a part to play against radical Islam.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 70 ✭✭Himpy5

Danzy wrote: »
    They call them diversity blocks.

In Berlin they call them "Merkel lego"

GT89 wrote: »
    ISIS are active in this country

You really need to give all your information to An Garda Siochana, you seem to know a lot!

Danzy wrote: »
    Exactly, people need to sit back and enjoy it.

Nobody needs to enjoy it.

But you don't lose the head. You keep control and you root them out.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭GT89

bear1 wrote: »
    I'm surprised they haven't succeeded in Italy yet.

Attacking Italy or Greece would biting the hand that feeds them. That is their gateway to Europe. If ISIS were to attack Italy you can be damn sure the borders would be slammed shut due to the pressure from Salvini.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭AlphaDelta1

While I am all in favour of negotiation and a peace process, however the reality is that we are dealing with a number of radicals who are so indoctrinated into their belief that they think nothing of blowing themselves up.

People that far gone are beyond dealing with in a reasonably fashion.

This is what they want, it is a lose lose situation, they want their advisory to be aggressive and hostile. It just fuels their martyrdom.

I honestly which that there was a peaceful solution to this radical branch of Islam, but due to online grooming and radicalisation I doubt it can be stopped.

This isn't to say that all Islam is like this, this is a very radical branch that is very intolerant to anything that isn't it.

I just hope that the recent attacks in Europe don't see the rise of a populism in Europe. Last thing we need is a further lurch to the far right.

We need a lurch to the right. Europe was become a far left stronghold where Islam is thriving.

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    Quicker justice than a 2022 trial for one. The case is clear cut. What is the hold up.

That's the courts, there is a list of cases to go before the SCC, her case for the first available date.

One could say they didn't show much backbone when the tanks rolled accross the Ardennes and the leaders ran to vichy

Paris was safer under the Nazis than it is now

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Attacking Italy or Greece would biting the hand that feeds them. That is their gateway to Europe. If ISIS were to attack Italy you can be damn sure the borders would be slammed shut due to the pressure from Salvini.

They have tried numerous times in Italy and each time were caught by the police.
    They already don't want them in the country so I can only imagine what they'd do if they were attacked.
    But the Vatican just seems too obvious a target.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭GT89

You really need to give all your information to An Garda Siochana, you seem to know a lot!

Never heard of Lisa Smith, Hassan Bal or Khalid Kelly to name but a few?

That's the courts, there is a list of cases to go before the SCC, her case for the first available date.

In reality the SCC is a joke,and the state is afraid to try a suspect which will draw international attention to it

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,784 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

We need a lurch to the right. Europe was become a far left stronghold where Islam is thriving.

No we really don't

Never heard of Lisa Smith, Hassan Bal or Khalid Kelly to name but a few?

I don't think that the bould Khalid will be making any more appearances on the Late Late

Nobody needs to enjoy it.

But you don't lose the head. You keep control and you root them out.

Is there even the barest will to do that?

There will be some push back from the progressives for the person who does.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,084 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Himpy5 wrote: »
    Paris was safer under the Nazis than it is now

Only for Nazis.

Well what are you on about? You come on here and mention irish terrorism on this thread to get what ever political boot you want to get in like nobody has ever covered the IRA vs ISIS thing before... And it's bollocks.

What is Bollox is posters using these horrific incidents to promote their anti Muslim propaganda.

Exactly the same as not every Irish Catholic was in the IRA, not every Muslim is a radical terrorist. It's lazy and xenophobic

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭85603

Looks like a wave, where is next, this is organized and more to follow.

the countries who sponsor and publicly offer support and whataboutery on this topic should be made an example of by europe.

Turkey - Erdgoan ... topple the prick. let them fight it out among themselves. support and sponsor his western puppet replacement.

Saudi, Qatar, UAE ... renditions, extraditions, neutralizations. for the sultans, emirs and various rich kids and salafist and wahhabi preachers. asset seizures.

Malaysia ... for their ex-pms talk of muslim rights to kill millions of europeans .... cut investment, tariff products, seize assets. until publicly retracted statement.

theyre all ramshackle dumps or despot led regimes built on abuse of human rights. all just begging for a collective western boot up the hole.

cnocbui wrote: »
    Only for Nazis.

Their Communist allies were safe as well, until they fell out in a nasty family feud.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

How much do you want to bet that there won't be a terrorist attack here in the next few years? Because name your price.

Probably one of the stupidest/weakest replies I have ever read on boards, actually impressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,106 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

In reality the SCC is a joke,and the state is afraid to try a suspect which will draw international attention to it

The Small Claims Court was very good for me when my toaster started acting up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

Say what you like about Britain and Trump's America but they listen to their people regarding unhindered immigration. These countries have nothing to gain and everything to lose by letting these people into their countries en masse with zero backround information on them.

Our lot are willing to risk lives so they won't be labelled as racists by a few nutjobs.

We don't need them, we can't house them and we can't afford them. We don't want them.

Is someone importing terrorists?
    Tell them not to bother, we have plenty of our own home grown ones here!

Jesus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭AlphaDelta1

No we really don't

Yes we really do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭the immortals

Over 60,000 Muslims in Ireland but I'm sure none of them are celebrating these murders

Advertisement