Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

4 dead and several injured after terrorist incident in Vienna, Austria

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Frankie Machine

Akrasia wrote: »
    Ah yes, the Gentleman bombers, the IRA....

Wow, what an apt username you have with which to describe the European 'condition' in relation to the issue of Islamic terror (the topic of the thread).

'Acting against one's better judgement through weakness of will.'

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭John Frank Wilson

All muslims are terrorists because some terrorists are muslims -- deport them all and hang the rest of them.

Said only you.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,839 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Cordell wrote: »
    No, we don't need those nutjobs.
    We need the Macrons and Merkels to grow a spine and a bigger set of balls and do what's right for the European people. We need them to make it clear what are the European values and to make it even clearer that anyone that don't respect them is not welcome, even if born here.

They will never do that . There is no Damascene conversion in this.

Pun intended.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 70 ✭✭Himpy5

bubblypop wrote: »
    If course we can be angry at murderers.
    Blaming an entire religion and everyone in the religion because of those murderers, is either ridiculous or malicious

Fair point I see where your coming from now.

But at the same time
    Are you not worried about your own children nieces nephews fAlling victim to terror attacks?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Limpy

Less *we stand with, *we wont be afraid ****e and more *we need to stop them coming please.

• Advertisement

Bonniedog wrote: »
    Some outlets reporting Interpol fear that this is part of planned wave of attacks. Be interesting to see where the scum's point of departure into Austria was.

Looking forward to Dáil tomorrow and the shinners and reds causing a similar fuss to the one they did over the Minneapolis incident.

You would hope that they would just condemn it, no but ...

Can't see that happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,427 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Wow, what an apt username you have with which to describe the European 'condition' in relation to the issue of Islamic terror (the topic of the thread).

'Acting against one's better judgement through weakness of will.'

Thank you for looking up what my username means.

I do not think we cannot stop terrorism in Europe, or that we should allow fundamentalist religious extremists to run amock and kill whoever they like. I think these people should be treated as murderers and criminals and anyone who was involved in planning and executing these attacks should be hunted down and prosecuted and removed from the streets.

These are crimes, heinous crimes of the worst order, but crimes none the less, and the way to deal with crime, is to investigate them, and prosecute the criminals, and break up gangs and intervene early with supports and education to reduce radicalisation of young vulnerable people

What I do not think will help, is a mob of enraged bigots calling for all muslims to be held jointly responsible for the crimes of these individuals and to have some kind of collective punishment imposed on millions of mostly law abiding, peaceful and decent people just trying to live their lives in peace like the rest of us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

For once ignore posters who have come onto argue and defend.

Keep talking about the incident and the future of Europe

I do not think we cannot stop terrorism in Europe, or that we should allow fundamentalist religious extremists to run amock and kill whoever they like. I think these people should be treated as murderers and criminals and anyone who was involved in planning and executing these attacks should be hunted down and prosecuted and removed from the streets.

These are crimes, heinous crimes of the worst order, but crimes none the less, and the way to deal with crime, is to investigate them, and prosecute the criminals, and break up gangs and intervene early with supports and education to reduce radicalisation of young vulnerable people

What I do not think will help, is a mob of enraged bigots calling for all muslims to be held jointly responsible for the crimes of these individuals and to have some kind of collective punishment imposed on millions of mostly law abiding, peaceful and decent people just trying to live their lives in peace like the rest of us.

It's at least hopeful that you consider this a crime and welcome.

I think you will find it's the usual anti Islam posters that love these type of threads.

Using the deaths and injuries of innocent people in a disgusting display.
    A thread which actually had some sympathy for the injured parties in this incident would be nice, but the jump on the anti Islam bandwagon cannot miss an opportunity like this.

What is wrong with being anti islam? plenty of people are against many and all religions as a rule anyway. Islam is the worst out of them all so what is wrong with being against it???

• Advertisement

Himpy5 wrote: »
    Fair point I see where your coming from now.

But at the same time
    Are you not worried about your own children nieces nephews fAlling victim to terror attacks?

I'm really not.
    Maybe because it's a tiny chance that it could happen.
    There are criminals everywhere, which is what terrorists are.
    Crimes happen everywhere, all the time.
    In this country, you are far more likely to be murdered by someone you know or killed in a RTC, then be killed by a terrorist attack.
    Does it mean it can't happen? If course not, we as a country know way more about terrorist attacks then most of europe.

We don't need to get hysterical about islam, because a tiny minority of Muslims are terrorists, there are a huge amount of Muslims that are not terrorists.
    Like the Irish really.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 220 ✭✭holdyerhorses

And they wonder how someone like Trump comes to power...

Yes, do you ever wonder how the far right came to power in euorpe post WWI, and its after effects?

If it looks like **** and smells like ****.............

islam is a religion not a race , but of course you know that and yet still try and call it racism

Calling out islam as the disgusting medieval religion that it is does not make one a bigot. Islam itself is a religion of bigotry

Danzy wrote: »
    It's at least hopeful that you consider this a crime and welcome.
    What else is it if not a crime?

I'm really not.
    In this country, you are far more likely to be murdered by someone you know or killed in a RTC, then be killed by a terrorist attack.
    Does it mean it can't happen? If course not, we as a country know way more about terrorist attacks then most of europe.

We don't need to get hysterical about islam, because a tiny minority of Muslims are terrorists, there are a huge amount of Muslims that are not terrorists.
    Like the Irish really.

So you're saying you are not worried about your own children.

OK we have no common ground I'll not reply further

Good day sir

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Limpy

So how do you stop migrant Muslims killing innocents? Our solouton is dont let them. Pretty simple.

What's yours?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

islam is a religion not a race , but of course you know that and yet still try and call it racism

you are wasting your time.

I said the very same in the "nice thread" days ago, and they wont listen because it does not suit the agenda.

What is wrong with being anti islam? plenty of people are against many and all religions as a rule anyway. Islam is the worst out of them all so what is wrong with being against it???

It's not about the religion, it's about people being anti Muslim people.
    I don't believe in god, of any kind, haven't understood why anyone is involved in organised religion since I was 13 years old.
    However, I have no issue with Muslim people, or Christian people or any people just because they are a certain religion.

I think all religions are pretty stupid, but if others want to be involved and they are not harming anyone, then I'm not going to stop them or say anything against them.
    People have the right to religious freedoms

What else is it if not a crime?

I'm just saying it is a positive that you accept that.

I'm just saying it is a positive that you accept that.

Pretty obvious it's a crime?

• Advertisement

I'm really not.

Like the Irish really.

more nonsense, go read up the polling done on Muslims regarding the Charlie Hebdo murders. Of course again I`d bet you know all about that.

And this isnt entirely about fear of terrorist attacks, its about the shaping of European society and demographics, the balance of power in elections, about places turning more like Molenbeek as more and more migration occurs.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

You would hope that they would just condemn it, no but ...

Can't see that happening.

They will ignore it if possible, If someone else raises it, then they will deflect it through waffle about "Islamophobia."

Examiner had disgraceful piece today which basically implied that the French were partly to blame for bringing Islamic terror on themselves.

Well, they are in so far as they have allowed so many north African social cripples in to live off the French people through social welfare and crime, but of course that is not what the Examiner meant.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

It's not about the religion, it's about people being anti Muslim people.
    I don't believe in god, of any kind, haven't understood why anyone is involved in organised religion since I was 13 years old.
    However, I have no issue with Muslim people, or Christian people or any people just because they are a certain religion.

I think all religions are pretty stupid, but if others want to be involved and they are not harming anyone, then I'm not going to stop them or say anything against them.
    People have the right to religious freedoms

just as people have the right to believe Islam is a load on nonsense.

Himpy5 wrote: »
    So you're saying you are not worried about your own children.

OK we have no common ground I'll not reply further

Good day sir

No, am I worried about them being involved in a Islamic terrorist attack? No
    But I'm not worried about a lot of other things also!

Islam is not a homogenous religion where all adherents believe the same things all of the time, it is a category of religious belief. There are Shia and Sunni muslims, and within these sects, there are countless schools within these sects that led by various religious leaders of different political and religious attitudes.

Being a muslim could mean that you're functionally agnostic/secular who happens to be born into an islamic background, or it can mean you believe in some of the teachings of islam but interpret them in line with western values, or you could be an islamacist who wants to eradicate all other religions and impose islam on everyone who survives the purge (or any number of variations in between)

This is no different to the various degrees of being a catholic, who might not believe any of it anymore, or who might go to mass at christmas, or who might help cover up clerical child abuse, campaign against contraception and want to incarcerate unmarried mothers into institutions and steal their newborn babies from them to sell abroad.....

just as people have the right to believe Islam is a load on nonsense.

Believe it all you want, I happen to agree with you.

But I don't believe that all muslims are terrorists, because they are muslim.

Bonniedog wrote: »
    They will ignore it if possible, If someone else raises it, then they will deflect it through waffle about "Islamophobia."

Examiner had disgraceful piece today which basically implied that the French were partly to blame for bringing Islamic terror on themselves.

Well, they are in so far as they have allowed so many north African social cripples in to live off the French people through social welfare and crime, but of course that is not what the Examiner meant.

I read that piece.

Truly shocking.

The left and the progressives will retreat to gated communities and everyone else will be left enjoy it.

See you in the next Islamic attack thread, pity it'll be soon enough. Sleep well.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 azee76

The most common comment on the news coming from Vienna is: “That is all with the religion of peace.”

While we still don’t know who is behind the attack, the reaction is not surprising. The fundamentalists did their job: they provoke hysteria and thus, fear and xenophobia.

more nonsense, go read up the polling done on Muslims regarding the Charlie Hebdo murders. Of course again I`d bet you know all about that.

And this isnt entirely about fear of terrorist attacks, its about the shaping of European society and demographics, the balance of power in elections, about places turning more like Molenbeek as more and more migration occurs.

Ok
    So this is not a thread about innocent victims being killed and injured?
    It's an anti islam, anti immigration thread.

Well what a surprise, can ye not just have a thread where victims are not used for your own agenda?
    It's disgusting, really.

• Advertisement

No, am I worried about them being involved in a Islamic terrorist attack? No
    But I'm not worried about a lot of other things also!

I don't believe you have children due to your divert distract deny answer.

I'm a clinical psychological expert and I can spot a lie

Advertisement