Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

4 dead and several injured after terrorist incident in Vienna, Austria

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,839 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

azee76 wrote: »
    The most common comment on the news coming from Vienna is: “That is all with the religion of peace.”

While we still don’t know who is behind the attack, the reaction is not surprising. The fundamentalists did their job: they provoke hysteria and thus, fear and xenophobia.

No one is buying that anymore.

Himpy5 wrote: »
    I don't believe you have children due to your divert distract deny answer.

I'm a clinical psychological expert and I can spot a lie

You can spot a lie written in text on an internet chat forum?
    Brilliant, you should do my job!

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Frankie Machine

Akrasia wrote: »
    Thank you for looking up what my username means.

No need for the condescension, I didn't need to look anything up.
    I do not think we cannot stop terrorism in Europe, or that we should allow fundamentalist religious extremists to run amock and kill whoever they like. I think these people should be treated as murderers and criminals and anyone who was involved in planning and executing these attacks should be hunted down and prosecuted and removed from the streets.

These are crimes, heinous crimes of the worst order, but crimes none the less, and the way to deal with crime, is to investigate them, and prosecute the criminals, and break up gangs and intervene early with supports and education to reduce radicalisation of young vulnerable people

What I do not think will help, is a mob of enraged bigots calling for all muslims to be held jointly responsible for the crimes of these individuals and to have some kind of collective punishment imposed on millions of mostly law abiding, peaceful and decent people just trying to live their lives in peace like the rest of us.

That's all just a load of wishy-washy sentimentalism.

Your underlying acceptance of the unwelcome demographics is a problem.

Whereas anyone with an ounce of sense knows that Merkel was an irresponsible fool.

The Poles know it, and their approach to this problem (which I'll bet doesn't include much in the way of supports and education to reduce radicalisation of young vulnerable people) has something going for it.

We don't owe the Muslim world anything. We have no colonial hangover to anguish over.

I haven't seen anyone here advocating that all the Muslim doctors, nurses, engineers etc etc etc... have any kind of collective punishment imposed on them.

So tone down the hyperbole, eh ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭GT89

bubblypop wrote: »
    Ok
    So this is not a thread about innocent victims being killed and injured?
    It's an anti islam, anti immigration thread.

Well what a surprise, can ye not just have a thread where victims are not used for your own agenda?
    It's disgusting, really.

What agenda? Wanting your fellow Europeans to live in peace and not be shot, bombed or mowed down in their own cities. Seems like a perfectly rational agenda to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,427 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Danzy wrote: »
    I'm just saying it is a positive that you accept that.

Of course I accept it is a crime, one of the worst of all possible crimes with no excuse what so ever.

We need to break up these gangs of criminals and prevent them from repeating this again. We do not need to feed reactionary hatred and bigotry against an entire ethnic group or to collectively punish people who had absolutely no part in these crimes, because to do so would not only be unjust to each of those individuals, but it would deepen the rifts and divides in our society, empower bigots and thugs to make life hell for innocent people and drive people into the arms of clerics waiting for people to radicalise, turning generations against each other, and making everything worse

Sectarianism destroyed northern Ireland. Hating someone because they are in the other religious or social category. What good can come from that?

• Advertisement

just as people have the right to believe Islam is a load on nonsense.

And to say so. In a secular state, in which no-one is forced to live i they don't like it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 70 ✭✭Himpy5

You can spot a lie written in text on an internet chat forum?
    Brilliant, you should do my job!

Well yes I'm a reformed conman /hussler/myself

It is what it is

You don't care about the future of real Irish children because you have no children

Am I right?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

When this scum is caught you jail them in solitary for life you send their families back to whatever **** hope they came from even if they are second generation and you check their mosques and arrest any hate preachers and close down the mosquesm we need to stop pandering to these. You want to live in Europe you let your backwards religon back in your home country!

GT89 wrote: »
    What agenda? Wanting your fellow Europeans to live in peace and not be shot, bombed or mowed down in their own cities. Seems like a perfectly rational agenda to me.

What is your ideal solution to keep your 'fellow europeans' safe?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Limpy

Imagine being shot by a Muslim just for walking down the street. These Muslims are giving a chance in Europe and this is how they respond.

That could be any of us killed, or our family for nothing. And at the hand's of people our governments decide to let in.

Enough,.its time to put a stop to it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭joemurt

more nonsense, go read up the polling done on Muslims regarding the Charlie Hebdo murders. Of course again I`d bet you know all about that.

And this isnt entirely about fear of terrorist attacks, its about the shaping of European society and demographics, the balance of power in elections, about places turning more like Molenbeek as more and more migration occurs.

:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

Give us a link to this poll son. Did a fanny called Nigel conduct it?

Bless yourself chap. If you had been born in the same village as these losers shooting up Vienna right now you would more than likely be running around with them.

Cut from the same ignorant cloth. And the hilarious thing is, is you actually think you are better than them while calling for retaliation. :pac::pac::pac::pac:

Fear is a deadly weapon in the hands of the ignorant.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭John Frank Wilson

It's not about the religion, it's about people being anti Muslim people.
    I don't believe in god, of any kind, haven't understood why anyone is involved in organised religion since I was 13 years old.
    However, I have no issue with Muslim people, or Christian people or any people just because they are a certain religion.

I think all religions are pretty stupid, but if others want to be involved and they are not harming anyone, then I'm not going to stop them or say anything against them.
    People have the right to religious freedoms
    As an atheist, you are probably aware of the opinions on Islam of Richard Dawkins, Sam Harris and Christopher Hitchens (RIP) - three of the most prominent voices of Atheism? If not, I would suggest you check them out.

The 'mother load' of bad ideas, if I recall correctly.

Let them drown.

Limpy wrote: »
    Imagine being shot by a Muslim just for walking down the street. These Muslims are giving a chance in Europe and this is how they respond.

That could be any of us killed, or our family for nothing. And at the hand's of people our governments decide to let in.

Imagine being chopped to piece's over drug dealing in Louth.

Enough.

Close the borders.............:pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭GT89

Lock up potential terrorists who are citizens, deport them if foreign or strip them off passport and deport if dual citizens and close the borders.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Agree, that poor guy must have been absolutely terrified in that moment.

All his hopes and dreams and that of his parents and siblings and close friends and a bright future wiped in the blink of an eye by mindless insanity over a ****ing make believe pedo sky fairy.

No need for the condescension, I didn't need to look anything up.

That's all just a load of wishy-washy sentimentalism.

Your underlying acceptance of the unwelcome demographics is a problem.

Whereas anyone with an ounce of sense knows that Merkel was an irresponsible fool.

The Poles know it, and their approach to this problem (which I'll bet doesn't include much in the way of supports and education to reduce radicalisation of young vulnerable people) has something going for it.

We don't owe the Muslim world anything. We have no colonial hangover to anguish over.

I haven't seen anyone here advocating that all the Muslim doctors, nurses, engineers etc etc etc... have any kind of collective punishment imposed on them.

So tone down the hyperbole, eh ?
    Which Polish policy solutions do you think the Austrians, or French, or Irish should adopt to solve this problem?

joemurt wrote: »
    Imagine being chopped to piece's over drug dealing in Louth.

Enough.

Close the borders.............:pac:

Drug dealers killing drug mules is nothing to Muslims invited into a country beheading innocent people.

Which Polish policy solutions do you think the Austrians, or French, or Irish should adopt to solve this problem?

No planning permission for mosques. If they try open one let it burn.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

Give us a link to this poll son. Did a fanny called Nigel conduct it?

Bless yourself chap. If you had been born in the same village as these losers shooting up Vienna right now you would more than likely be running around with them.

Cut from the same ignorant cloth. And the hilarious thing is, is you actually think you are better than them while calling for retaliation. :pac::pac::pac::pac:

Another new account! Lots of them popping up to troll these threads

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Well at least one part would be to refuse to take in people from Lesbos and Lampedusa. One of the recent French attackers came straight from the camp.

Our advocates for "unaccompanied minors" being allowed roam around Europe without any checks are partly responsible for what is going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

Is there any update on actual events rather than reading page after page of people sniping over and back by any chance?

Well yes I'm a reformed conman /hussler/myself

It is what it is

You don't care about the future of real Irish children because you have no children

Am I right?

:pac::pac::pac::pac:

There is more chance of you being a nonce than a - ''clinical psychological expert and I can spot a lie''.

Why are you looking to find out about other peoples kids here? Suspect.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭Hamachi

You don't care about the future of Irish children because you have no children

Am I right?

I think you already know the answer to that question.

Any decent parent can’t help but be disturbed by the events that are happening with increasing regularity in neighboring European societies.

There is no way that anybody with a stake in the future would deliver those appallingly flippant responses.

GT89 wrote: »
    Lock up potential terrorists who are citizens, deport them if foreign or strip them off passport and deport if dual citizens and close the borders.
    I'd agree with some of this, but I have a feeling your definition of 'Potential terrorist' is different to mine.

How much evidence of being a potential terrorist would you require before deporting them or locking them up?

When you say 'close the borders' do you mean to anyone? fortress europe? No more Americans or Australian immigrants?

What would you do to the millions of people living in refugee camps on the borders of europe? What happens to them? What happens to people displaced because of wars we have been complicit in or because of climate change caused in no small part by European emissions of greenhouse gasses?

Glad you asked me that.

Not a fan of PiS at all or of the overall direction Poland is taking at the moment, but on this specific issue I will just let Domink Tarczynski do the talking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrA9rcF49LY

Another new account! Lots of them popping up to troll these threads

Take a bow Columbo. A new account. You a Guard?

'tRoLl' threads because I don't agree with you. Very tolerant. You're not like those clowns in VIenna at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

The military is brought in to handle protection while police focus on the terrorists.

Ergo, military will patrol and guard the city.

https://twitter.com/sebastiankurz/status/1323388439849521152?s=19

Drug dealers killing drug mules is nothing to Muslims invited into a country beheading innocent people.

So closing the borders and deporting people because there 'iSlamIc' will not stop beheading and terror in Ireland. Agreed.

Well done you. Full circle.

:pac::pac::pac:

• Advertisement

you actually think you are better than them while calling for retaliation. :pac::pac::pac::pac:

never called for retaliation, did you just make that up or maybe you mistook another poster

Advertisement