Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

4 dead and several injured after terrorist incident in Vienna, Austria

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,427 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Limpy wrote: »
    Let them die.

Why would they die in a European refugee camp? of old age? or are you suggesting we kill them or starve them to death?

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭ro_chez

Akrasia wrote: »
    Do you have a list of all murders committed by Christians during this time period to compare it to?

Did you really have to quote the whole post?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Limpy

Why would they die in a European refugee camp? of old age? or are you suggesting we kill them or starve them to death?

We turn our backs on them..not our problem sorry.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

joemurt wrote: »
    How do you know with your faux concern for these families?

cos its common sense.

Are you so dense that you cannot comprehend the families are going through hell ?

Do you think they care other muslims are dying as they weep for their loved ones.

people who defend those murdering scumbag terrorists are all brave on the internet, they wont try that nonsense down the pub

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Frankie Machine

Isn't Poland currently experience a campaign of Christian terror against women?
    :pac::pac:

Yes, a subject that nobody with any decency would make jokes or cheap and irrelevant political points out of.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭Jimson

At this moment in time I wish trump was president of all of Europe.

There would be retaliation, a great retaliation.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭John Frank Wilson

Absolute menace.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 70 ✭✭Himpy5

ro_chez wrote: »
    The only way society has a chance of combating these extremist muslims, is if the ordinary, non violent muslims of which there must be what, hundreds of thousands in western Europe, take to the streets en mass, week in, week out, to declare that this barbaric savagery, has no part in their religion and they will not accept it tarnishing their beliefs they apparently hold sacred.

I mean you would think the average Muslim, if they live there lives by their religion so vehemently, they would be the loudest voice in opposing this ****.

And I can understand if you live in some prehistoric society, where you may be executed for expressing this belief that you might be reluctant to do so.

But in fairness, where is the show of abhorrence from the Muslim faithful, who are citizens of this country and all across Europe?

It's the core belief system that they live their lives by, but these savages are tarnishing it in a grotesque way as is possible. Where is the outrage from the muslim population when these incidents occur?

Are we going to see thousands of them marching on the streets tomorrow in cities across the continent, broadcasting to the world, that its not they who are the problem, but a minority of nutjobs who have hijacked their religion to commit atrocities? Based on the countless other times this has happened, I would hazard a guess we wont.

Muslim women have no choice in what they do or when they get pregnant

I agree that is definitely happening in Shannon. I don't support it, nor do I support Muslim migrants arriving en masse to Europe.

Each immigrant to Europe is not 'en masse' they're a human being who as got their own story for how they had to abandon everything and seek asylum in Europe.

They are not a 'muslim' they are a human. And while there are thugs and criminals and depraved people everywhere, including plenty amongst irish society, of all levels, those people are always in the minority. For every boat load of refugees you turn back, you are dooming dozens of decent people because of you own fear and weakness

cos its common sense.

Are you so dense that you cannot comprehend the families are going through hell ?

Do you think they care other muslims are dying as they weep for their loved ones.

people who defend those murdering scumbag terrorists are all brave on the internet, they wont try that nonsense down the pub

Down the pub? Where the hard men hang out?

Nobody, not a single person on this thread has defended these terrorists.

Lots of people have said that you shouldn't clamp down on millions of ordinary people because of what this criminal conspiracy did

Even if you support a final solution, you should at least recognise that it's easier said than done and the last fellah who tried it met his maker in a pool of his own piss in a bunker in Berlin.

• Advertisement

ro_chez wrote: »
    Did you really have to quote the whole post?

you quoted my whole post.....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

Who is this 'We' you're talking about?
    Payback for what?

You do realise that 'we' as in the 'west' have violently killed a hell of a lot more muslims in the past 20 years than they have killed us

Ireland, for the sake of a few jobs in Shannon, helped America transport weapons of mass destruction to Iraq, and kidnapped POWS were 'renditioned' back through Shannon to be tortured in secret prisons with zero oversight or human rights

We didn't fight the wars, but we are just as complicit in these crimes as the average islamic peasant just trying to make ends meet until the crops fail or they are forced to flee a warzone or environmental disaster

What are you talking about? We in the West? What West? You mean Galway?
    Ireland has done nothing to Islam. There is no such place as "The West". We are not "The West". Idiotic comment.

We turn our backs on them..not our problem sorry.

Again, who is this 'we' you're talking about

What would you do to me if I decided I didn't want to turn my back and allow thousands of people starve to death in a European refugee camp

Would you fight me if I tried to give them food? What if I tried to help them escape?

What if a refugee tried to escape to get food for himself or his children while your back was turned. Would you shoot them then?

Or have you not thought of any of the consequences of your horribly vacuous and destructive ideology?

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭the immortals

Funnily enough I could not care less what 'murdering savages' think son, you know that right?

I'd image, as their goal is the same as yours, to hate unconditionally, they'd be sharing a meal with the likes of you and your ilk well before me.

Don't make the mistake thinking you are any better than them, pal. You sh+t stinks just as foul.

Well my goal is not to murder and cut old ladies heads off, or rape young English girls in there thousands or commit thousands of so called honour crimes against young Muslim women every year in the UK done by their own father’s and brothers mostly, anyone who doesn't hate these scumbags is a weak minded slave, and it's amazing it has to be pointed out to people that the only places these horrors happen are where there is a large Muslim population, but don't worry you'll never be accused of racism or hate whatever, and that's the important thing

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Dank Janniels

^^^
    Galway was liberated from the (Muslim) Indians!

What are you talking about? We in the West? What West? You mean Galway?
    Ireland has done nothing to Islam. There is no such place as "The West". We are not "The West". Idiotic comment.

The 'West' is the 'western world' or, essentially Europe, North America and Australasia

It's a pretty common term. If you're gonna get involved in political discussions, you should probably look these things up before commenting or else you might look silly.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭ro_chez

you quoted my whole post.....

it's just basic web etiquette not to quote a gigantic wall of text, cool beans

• Registered Users Posts: 6,245 ✭✭✭joeysoap

It’s partly ( wrongly) why Britain voted for Brexit

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

I am capable.

Letting a thread be hijacked by fascists is never a good look.

:pac:

Anything else I can help you with?

God you sound like some edgy teenager who read a chapter of Karl Marx and gets his opinions from punk rock lyrics

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 23,640 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

joemurt and Himpy5 give it a rest, discuss the topic of the thread and stop the back and forth bickering

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭46 Long

Each immigrant to Europe is not 'en masse' they're a human being who as got their own story for how they had to abandon everything and seek asylum in Europe.

They are not a 'muslim' they are a human. And while there are thugs and criminals and depraved people everywhere, including plenty amongst irish society, of all levels, those people are always in the minority. For every boat load of refugees you turn back, you are dooming dozens of decent people because of you own fear and weakness

The first duty of care for any government is it's own citizens. Helping other peoples at the expense of our own safety is not acceptable.

If turning back every boatload of migrants meant that we would have no Bataclan, no Charlie Hebdo attacks, no teachers decapitated in the street, no Manchester Arena bombing, no Nice truck attack, no Brussels bombings - well, so be it. We didn't force them into boats and their refusal to stay and try to better their own societies is not our problem. Tant pis.

Macron & Merkel et al will either come around to understanding this or they will be voted out and replaced by those who do.

Well my goal is not to murder and cut old ladies heads off, or rape young English girls in there thousands or commit thousands of so called honour crimes against young Muslim women every year in the UK done by their own father’s and brothers mostly, anyone who doesn't hate these scumbags is a weak minded slave, and it's amazing it has to be pointed out to people that the only places these horrors happen are where there is a large Muslim population, but don't worry you'll never be accused of racism or hate whatever, and that's the important thing

Do you hate your white catholic compatriots who have a long history of supporting paedophiles, vicious child abusers who were institutionally protected and moved from place to place so they could continue to beat and rape an humiliate children under their care?

Or those same catholics who sent their own daughters away to institutions for the crime of being impregnated, often against their own will, where they were enslaved and forced to work for decades behind locked doors while their children were sold off to wealthy families abroad, or their corpses discarded in septic tanks in the corners of the institution

Or maybe we all aren't guilty of the worst crimes of our society just by association

46 Long wrote: »
    The first duty of care for any government is it's own citizens. Helping other peoples at the expense of our own safety is not acceptable.

If turning back every boatload of migrants meant that we would have no Bataclan, no Charlie Hebdo attacks, no teachers decapitated in the street, no Manchester Arena bombing, no Nice truck attack, no Brussels bombings - well, so be it. We didn't force them into boats and their refusal to stay and try to better their own societies is not our problem. Tant pis.

Macron & Merkel et al will either learn this or they will be voted out and replaced by those who do.

I do not agree.

I do not want to be haunted by the images of the corpses of immigrant children being washed up on our shores because people like you are too afraid of the miniscule chance that someone might get killed by criminals from the same background as them

I would much prefer that we use our wealth and resource fullness to help these people and to use our criminal justice system to prevent crime as it is intended to do

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

The 'West' is the 'western world' or, essentially Europe, North America and Australasia

It's a pretty common term. If you're gonna get involved in political discussions, you should probably look these things up before commenting or else you might look silly.

You made an intellectually dishonest argument that implied that neutral Ireland who has only been an independent nation for a few years is responsible for historical aggression against Muslims and will have no reason to complain if they murder our citizens.

You sound like a complete quisling and would do well to actually spend a year in an Islamic country to test out your beliefs.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Do you hate your white catholic compatriots who have a long history of supporting paedophiles, vicious child abusers who were institutionally protected and moved from place to place so they could continue to beat and rape an humiliate children under their care?

Or those same catholics who sent their own daughters away to institutions for the crime of being impregnated, often against their own will, where they were enslaved and forced to work for decades behind locked doors while their children were sold off to wealthy families abroad, or their corpses discarded in septic tanks in the corners of the institution

Or maybe we all aren't guilty of the worst crimes of our society just by association

We fought for centuries to be remove that kind of radical oppression and backward thinking in Europe.

The church has lost most of it's power here as a result.

Now we're inviting an even more backwards oppressive ideology back in and being told to respect it. We didn't respect our own one. Why should we respect theirs?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

The usual bull**** from you liberal lefties blaming the catholic church we are in the here and now not in the past and the threat is islam! Cop yourself on and show some respect to the victims of tonight's attacks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭perrito caliente

2020.10.05 A chauffeur is driven to an early grave by the Taliban?! lol wut

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭John Frank Wilson

Goodnight to all, even the ones who are talking sh... I mean - the ones whose views I disagree with. Rest in peace to those that lost their lives tonight... I wouldn't be particularly religious now - but God bless their dear souls...

John Doe1 wrote: »
    You made an intellectually dishonest argument that implied that neutral Ireland who has only been an independent nation for a few years is responsible for historical aggression against Muslims and will have no reason to complain if they murder our citizens.

You sound like a complete quisling and would do well to actually spend a year in an Islamic country to test out your beliefs.
    No I didn't, and no muslims have murdered any Irish citizens. It was french and Austrian citizens who were murdered, and a bunch of Irish people are using the 'our' and 'we' pronouns to make a distinction between 'them' and 'us'

And I don't think we have 'no reason to complain' about murder victims. We should absolutely complain very harshly to the people who murdered them, and if anyone is crass enough to try to defend those murders, then those people should be investigated for any possible connection they have to the gangs (cells) who committed these crimes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭thecomedian

I do not agree.

I do not want to be haunted by the images of the corpses of immigrant children being washed up on our shores because people like you are too afraid of the miniscule chance that someone might get killed by criminals from the same background as them

I would much prefer that we use our wealth and resource fullness to help these people and to use our criminal justice system to prevent crime as it is intended to do

Are you one of them radicals? Do you believe in murdering innocents?

Advertisement