Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

4 dead and several injured after terrorist incident in Vienna, Austria

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83,472 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭AlphaDelta1

what has this government of Ireland got to do with muslim nutters murdering innocent people all over Europe for years ?

Why do you and your ilk feel you have to bring things that have zero relevance to this thread about terrorist in Austria,
    Do you think mentioning the Irish government somehow negates what happened, or mean people must just accept what happened ?

I have never seen a thread on this forum where people have condemned quarkers
    Dont see no threads about the terror and atrocities committed by Amish
    Dont recall reading about nutjob buddhists decapitating people in some european city
    Can you point me to a thread where hoardes of atheists have opened fire on innocent people.

why is it always the Muslims ?
    and then you have brain damaged people who think we should negotiate with these people, who would rather slaughter you and your family.

Look at the thread about Nice in France, there was people on there trying to blame atheists, video games, the ira, stalin, ww2, etc.....in fact blaming anything than accepting the truth.

It's not just this thread. Last night about an hour after the attack started we had some nutter on Sky News talking about the real threat from right wing terrorists within Europe. It's almost like he was hoping it was right wingers not Islamists. Mad stuff.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,784 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

You really need to get your terminology straight. Asylum seeker is not the same as refugee, and refugees are, generally, not the same as economic migrants.

You want to bring it down to an individual level because at that detail, it's impossible to maintain a broad view of the situation. When we are talking about mass migration, (which it is), we have to deal with groups, or large concentrations. To do otherwise is counterproductive. Which is the point, I guess.

It's obvious that you haven't looked at the immigration statistics for Europe. In terms of refugees and asylum seekers, the two largest concentrations of migrants are young single males, and unaccompanied minors, ranging from kids, to teenagers. Again, mostly male.

As for dooming others, actually, no.. we're not. There are many stable economies, and societies throughout the M.East, Asia, and Africa, that these people can turn to, should they be blocked entry into Europe. We're simply blocking them from access to the easiest destination, in terms of social welfare, and governmental supports for migrants.

Europeans have the right to protect themselves. If that means turning away the majority of refugees, or migrants, then they should be free to do so. At least, until we have an effective system in place, to integrate and monitor the needs/capabilities of these arrivals. Which we currently, don't even come close to doing effectively.

The problem with your attitude is not that it's self-sacrificing, but that you're quick to sacrifice everyone else to meet your needs to be generous to others. Irrespective of the costs that migrants entail, the losses to domestic populations (economically, socially, or criminally) etc.
    If you want to talk about groups and concentrations what about the 700,000 other Muslims who live in Austria, the ordinary ones who had nothing to do with this, the first terrorist attack in Austria since the 90s?

Europeans have the right to pick and choose who we allow into Europe. If this carry on continues more right leaning politicians will be elected and eventually migration from Islamic countries will cease.

Debating migration policies has nothing to do with race. I see also no issue with stopping people with the religious shackles of Islam from coming in. Why import problems needlessly? We can pick and choose people with more aligned beliefs.

Nor should anyone have to apologise for that stance. Its a common sense approach. Incumbent citizens safety comes first. Refugees and migrants should be returned to where they came from. An Islamic country would be a more appropriate destination for them anyway.

Australia got slated for their 'return the boats' policy but it worked and stopped the flow. Europe has even more reason now to take a similar hardline approach.

Australia is one example. Japan, China, Hungary, Poland are all shining examples of how we should deal with immigration from these backward places.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭Real Donald Trump

• Advertisement

Looking them up is perverse imo

Yeah, but that's just playing the ostrich. People need to see the truth/reality. Islamic terrorism is a real danger in Europe, and burying your head in the sand isn't going to make it go away.

The left obviously got this one completely wrong (who would of guessed :rolleyes:). Need to own up now and come together with everyone else to keep these sort of people out.

You should learn from history as well. The left got into bed with the Islamists in Iran in the past. Once in power, of course, the left were then the first group the Islamists went after. They despise leftists more than anyone for the opposite views they hold to themselves. It's one thing to be duped, but another entirely to keep lying to yourself moving forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

Only a matter of time before it happens here . I fear for my children

• Registered Users Posts: 28,215 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Only a matter of time before it happens here . I fear for my children

We've too many guns, wouldn't worry about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

If you want to talk about groups and concentrations what about the 700,000 other Muslims who live in Austria, the ordinary ones who had nothing to do with this, the first terrorist attack in Austria since the 90s?

You would have a different opinion if it was your child's brain being scraped off the floor

• Advertisement

Overheal wrote: »

I said it last week but every Western newspaper and media organisation in Europe needs to run a full front page cartoon of the sky fairy Mohammed on the front page as an example that this is our continent and we will not be cowered into submission by this filth. We need to make a stand.

With the French stabbing attack:

"Police sources named the man as Brahim Aouissaoui. Prosecutors said he had arrived by boat on the Italian island of Lampedusa as a migrant last month and after quarantining had been ordered to travel on"

So... talking about immigration, migrants, etc has relevance. No?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,839 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

This bastard should be lynched

What is interesting is that people are pretending his views stand out?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Lucy8080

I said it last week but every Western newspaper and media organisation in Europe needs to run a full front page cartoon of the sky fairy Mohammed on the front page as an example that this is our continent and we will not be cowered into submission by this filth. We need to make a stand.

Yeah, it's a pity that between last week and today , you have not figured out that Mohammed is not their "sky fairy".

Saying it once is a mistake but, twice, well maybe you are not a voice who will bring anything to the debate.

Lucy8080 wrote: »
    Yeah, it's a pity that between last week and today , you have not figured out that Mohammed is not their "sky fairy".

Saying it once is a mistake but, twice, well maybe you are not a voice who will bring anything to the debate.

They believe he flew to heaven on s horse with a human head, so Sky Fairy is apt enough.

It's a bit much that we have to change to appease a hyper violent 7th Century warlord.

Danzy wrote: »
    They believe he flew to heaven on s horse with a human head, so Sky Fairy is apt enough.

Christians (who live by the letter, not the spirit) believe Jesus is coming back on a flying white horse!

In the ancient world the "horse" signified understanding. White tended to mean peace. Basically an understanding of peace is " is what saves".

Still ,my point stands, Mohammed is not their "Sky Fairy" as one poster told us ,not once, but twice.

Christians (who live by the letter, not the spirit) believe Jesus is coming back on a flying white horse!

In the ancient world the "horse" signified understanding. White tended to mean peace. Basically an understanding of peace is " is what saves".

Still ,my point stands, Mohammed is not their "Sky Fairy" as one poster told us ,not once, but twice.

Always one defender of what they do.

Always one defender of what they do.

Point out were I defended "what they do",please..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

what has these christians who believe that made up jesus is coming back on a horse, got to do with primitive islamic nutter ?

are christians decapitating and shooting people in europe ?

No, they are not.. your deflection is not working

It's apt enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,919 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

Overheal wrote: »

Don't worry. Trudeau will sort it out. He will write a strongly worded letter to him to behave.

what has these christians who believe that made up jesus is coming back on a horse, got to do with primitive islamic nutter ?

are christians decapitating and shooting people in europe ?

No, they are not.. your deflection is not working

I've answered some posts here, with quotes. No deflection.

I'll leave it you to make the connections between the way some folks live out their religion over the centuries and their equal and opposite who will misquote what they believe /disbelieve because they are arguing in bad faith.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

VG31 wrote: »
    The French have backbone, I couldn't imagine Germany for example having the same "no surrender" approach.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gZFGpNdH1A

That is Macron's France. Pointless him acting the big man now because there is an election coming. He's allowed things get to this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭TomTomTim

everytime some islamic terrorist scumbag shoots, or beheads or kills an innocent person, there is someone quick to mention anything else in the hope of using deflection tactics.

The catholics did this
    or the ira did this
    Trump did this
    poland has this policy
    etc
    etc
    its like the liberal lefties who love these nutjob muslims who also treat women like dirt are looking to deflect to try change the subject,
    no one is buying it

They truly are lambs defending wolfs, they are just too "enlightened" to see it.

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

• Registered Users Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭TomTomTim

Europe gives plenty of money for those people to be looked after. But apparently to feel safe they must cross the Mediterranean.

Yeah it was just a Japanese lad got sliced up in Dundalk sure. And a Brazilian who had her head cut off in Nice.

I'd assume that the Irish lecturer who was murdered in France was a citizen of the state https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/irish-college-lecturer-in-paris-stabbed-to-death-by-ex-student-1.3721338

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

Other EU countries can pick and choose who comes in. We should be able to aswell.

We quite literally have a veto which allows us to say we are not taking any. We are too spineless to use it.

Good muslims.dont gamble. It's Haram. Inshallah.

You can drink, fornicate, gamble etc all you want as a Muslim. Once you commit Jihad it cleanses your soul. The 9/11 scum spent the night before in a strip club and visited Las Vegas 5 times before committing their attack.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

John Doe1 wrote: »
    They have finally breached the gates of Vienna it seems...

Dublin is only a matter of time.

Where are the Polish winged hussars when you need them?

🙈🙉🙊

ro_chez wrote: »
    The only way society has a chance of combating these extremist muslims, is if the ordinary, non violent muslims of which there must be what, hundreds of thousands in western Europe, take to the streets en mass, week in, week out, to declare that this barbaric savagery, has no part in their religion and they will not accept it tarnishing their beliefs they apparently hold sacred.

I mean you would think the average Muslim, if they live there lives by their religion so vehemently, they would be the loudest voice in opposing this ****.

And I can understand if you live in some prehistoric society, where you may be executed for expressing this belief that you might be reluctant to do so.

But in fairness, where is the show of abhorrence from the Muslim faithful, who are citizens of this country and all across Europe?

It's the core belief system that they live their lives by, but these savages are tarnishing it in a grotesque way as is possible. Where is the outrage from the muslim population when these incidents occur?

Are we going to see thousands of them marching on the streets tomorrow in cities across the continent, broadcasting to the world, that its not they who are the problem, but a minority of nutjobs who have hijacked their religion to commit atrocities? Based on the countless other times this has happened, I would hazard a guess we wont.

They're worn out from protesting about a picture of Mo.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,784 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

You would have a different opinion if it was your child's brain being scraped off the floor

Bull****, are you responsible for Warrington?

Advertisement