Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

4 dead and several injured after terrorist incident in Vienna, Austria

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,161 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Always one defender of what they do.
    Hardly. They're just pointing out really basic inaccuracies. If we don't understand where a viewpoint is coming from and how it got to this point how can we hope to solve things? Repeating "sky fairy" won't solve anything. It'll be just one ignorance butting up against another.

The reasons for this current war - and I do believe it is one - are myriad and complex. The sadly recently departed journalist Robert Fisk's work would be a good source to read to see how things got to this stage. How it went from the Islamic world of say the 1960's that was far more "liberal" and modern, to today.

The superpowers having proxy wars in the middle east didn't help. The support in middle eastern cultures for despots who raped their country's assets really didn't help. QV the Shah of Iran. Usually supported by the same superpowers.

Just look at Afghanistan as an example. Bin Laden got his start there and back in the day those old enough to remember will remember nightly news pieces glorifying the fearless and resourceful mujahideen fighting a just war against the commies, supported by the west in arms and money. It was when I first heard the word "jihad".

The failure of western multiculturalism another reason, where subsequent generations of those who don't look enough like the natives and not just Muslims don't feel quite French/German/Italian/Dutch[delete as applicable], but unlike say those of African origin, the Muslims have the feeling of the support of a wider more sure, more self confident community to cling to.

The failure of the west to hit the rabble rousers firing up those multigenerational multicultural orphans another reason. I mean look at the video posted earlier from Canada IIRC, where an imam is preaching murder and revolt and yet he's still walking about unencumbered

The west becoming ever more unsure of itself, "progressive" where apparently nothing is truly wrong or right and confused and afraid about when to judge things either way in case someone somewhere is "offended" is another major problem. If you're a fourth generation Muslim man, or woman not quite fitting in, confused about WTF is going on, seeing what you see as fellow Muslims being drone bombed by a fat Yank in a cubicle in Nevada, no wonder you'll look to something more solid, more conservative, more sure, more confident and among that group you will see the more murderous come to the fore.

Oh sure it's much simpler to just paint these murderers as "medieval sand n1ggers believing in a sky fairy", but like I say that will solve nothing and will feed this war.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Akrasia wrote: »
    Do you hate your white catholic compatriots who have a long history of supporting paedophiles, vicious child abusers who were institutionally protected and moved from place to place so they could continue to beat and rape an humiliate children under their care?

Or those same catholics who sent their own daughters away to institutions for the crime of being impregnated, often against their own will, where they were enslaved and forced to work for decades behind locked doors while their children were sold off to wealthy families abroad, or their corpses discarded in septic tanks in the corners of the institution

Or maybe we all aren't guilty of the worst crimes of our society just by association

When the above was happening did we a) stay in Ireland, bring about change and change happened, possibly more slowly than it should have?? or b) head to countries with another religion and try to force the catholic practice of setting up institutions for pregnant women etc and make those places more "catholic"??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭Be right back

According to sky a gunman has been shot dead.
    I'm not a violent person but I do prefer the way foreign police deal with these yobs. The Irish and uk police would probably attempt to reason with them.

I don't think the UK police would reason with them. The Borough Market attackers were shot dead very quickly.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

Bull****, are you responsible for Warrington?

If I knew the bomber was planning it abs heard him talk in Mass about it and remained silent - and my support for the IRA meant I hid the crime from authorities and celebrated it - damn right I would have been.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Limpy wrote: »
    No planning permission for mosques. If they try open one let it burn.

Mod

Stay out of this thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Frankie Machine

No I didn't, and no muslims have murdered any Irish citizens. It was french and Austrian citizens who were murdered, and a bunch of Irish people are using the 'our' and 'we' pronouns to make a distinction between 'them' and 'us'

No muslims have murdered any Irish citizens, indeed.

Apart from the three murdered on a Tunisian beach a few short years ago.

Yeah, pronouns. To some people, always the most important thing.

You can drink, fornicate, gamble etc all you want as a Muslim. Once you commit Jihad it cleanses your soul. The 9/11 scum spent the night before in a strip club and visited Las Vegas 5 times before committing their attack.

This is not true. Ask any good Imam. You must have respect for all people. Inshallah.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Stihl waters

I see the thread has turned into a "what about our own catholic terrorists"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭TomTomTim

I see the thread has turned into a "what about our own catholic terrorists"

They used to bring up the crusades with a straight face a few years back. Thankfully they've stopped.

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭CtevenSrowder

Each immigrant to Europe is not 'en masse' they're a human being who as got their own story for how they had to abandon everything and seek asylum in Europe.

Is there a tiny violin playing when you post? And you cannot claim that they 'had to' abandon everything. Some will come by choice.
    They are not a 'muslim' they are a human. And while there are thugs and criminals and depraved people everywhere, including plenty amongst irish society, of all levels, those people are always in the minority. For every boat load of refugees you turn back, you are dooming dozens of decent people because of you own fear and weakness

The cold reality is we have to think about Europe and Europeans first and forthmostly. I'd rather turn back these immigrants to save some European lives then let them all in at the cost of European lives.

Posts like yours are exactly why these Islamic attacks have become such a regularity. Can you imagine if we were importing people, some of whom then went on to target Muslims and black people, under the guise of their white nationalist ideology. I wonder would you be so willing to defend it all then!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

Is there a tiny violin playing when you post? And you cannot claim that they 'had to' abandon everything. Some will come by choice.

The cold reality is we have to think about Europe and Europeans first and forthmostly. I'd rather turn back these immigrants to save some European lives then let them all in at the cost of European lives.

Posts like yours are exactly why these Islamic attacks have become such a regularity. Can you imagine if we were importing people, some of whom then went on to target Muslims and black people, under the guise of their white nationalist ideology. I wonder would you be so willing to defend it all then!

no blacks no dogs no irish eh
    such short memories

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭batman_oh

such short memories

The Irish were beheading people because they didn't like cartoons? Must have missed that

such short memories

Eh what? I am not saying an immigrant in a European country shouldn't be able to enter a shop or a pub.

We need to lessen the numbers by only taking in genuine asylum seekers and immigrants with qualifications that Europe actual requires., stop helping the human traffickers by picking up boats in the Mediterranean and bringing them to European shores and never have the nonsense such as Merkel welcoming 1 million plus people in virtually unchecked again.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 547 ✭✭✭BeefeaterHat

coinop wrote: »
    Appeasement and making concessions to the Islamic community doesn't work. Mass deportations is the only solution. Thankfully there are small groups in Ireland organising against the scourge.

https://nationalparty.ie/join/

Yeah endorsing a neo Nazi party will help out loads. Not

This is not true. Ask any good Imam. You must have respect for all people. Inshallah.

Not only do Shahids (martyrs) have all sins, except debt, forgiven. They ascend to the highest level of paradise.

From the 1st Hadith: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “The martyr is forgiven for every sin except debt.”

The Prophet said, "Nobody who enters Paradise likes to go back to the world even if he got everything on the Earth, except a Mujahid who wishes to return to the world so that he may be martyred ten times because of the dignity he receives (from Allah).

Haritha was martyred on the day (of the battle) of Badr, and he was a young boy then. His mother came to the Prophet and said, "O Allah's Apostle! You know how dear Haritha is to me. If he is in Paradise, I shall remain patient, and hope for reward from Allah, but if it is not so, then you shall see what I do?" He said, "May Allah be merciful to you! Have you lost your senses? Do you think there is only one Paradise? There are many Paradises and your son is in the (most superior) Paradise of Al-Firdaus.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,161 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Well no, but you'll notice the "diversity" angle of much of the multiculturalist politic is extremely colour and race focussed. The darker and more exotic the better, the paler, well not nearly so much.
    such short memories
    This has come up time and time again in the multiculturalism thread. But, but the Irish were immigrants too! Indeed they were, but in the vast majority of cases they were going to ex European colonies that were founded and relied upon immigration to function. They were also migrating to White European nominally christian majority nations, which means succeeding generations were far more likely to "fit in". With the more recent exception of the UK they most certainly weren't going to states with very generous social welfare. Today's multicultural non legal economic migrant influx is quite different on a few levels.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Ahh you're one of those who consider all forms of nationalism to be evil. okie dokie.

batman_oh wrote: »
    The Irish were beheading people because they didn't like cartoons? Must have missed that

The IRA were bombing, shooting and mutilating all around them in the 70's and 80's but that's different somehow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭batman_oh

The IRA were bombing, shooting and mutilating all around them in the 70's and 80's but that's different somehow

Yes, that's exactly the same thing. Relevant!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,076 ✭✭✭timmyntc

The more traction parties like this get, the more the big parties (FFFGSF) will pay attention and shift their views slightly to get all these voters back.

The like of TNP will never get in govt (thank god) but the more votes they get the more of a warning sign it will be to the big parties that they are no longer doing enough on issues like immigration.

Where they bombing America, Australia and Canada too? How about France, Austria and Belgium? It is ofcourse different.

Never happened.

What ?

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Mullaghteelin

batman_oh wrote: »
    Yes, that's exactly the same thing. Relevant!

The IRA would give warnings in advance. The Islamists want the biggest bodycount possible.

Never happened.

What ?

It was quite self explanitory. No blacks, no dogs, no Irish was not a common sign in the UK. There is literally one photo, of one sign, ever taken.

It was quite self explanitory. No blacks, no dogs, no Irish was not a common sign in the UK. There is literally one photo, of one sign, ever taken.

So it did happen then and so you are completely wrong, grand thanks for clearing that up.

A relative of mine was a doctor who moved from Dublin to work in a London hospital for a time in the early 60's and he told me he saw such signs. He came across it when he was looking for temporary digs when he first arrived. He himself had no problem securing accommodation as he was seen as an "educated man". The gist seemed to be much more no "drunken builders who are Irish". Many didn't even equate him with being Irish as such. They expected a 19th century Punch cartoon of a simian like drunkard.

timmyntc wrote: »
    The more traction parties like this get, the more the big parties (FFFGSF) will pay attention and shift their views slightly to get all these voters back.

The like of TNP will never get in govt (thank god) but the more votes they get the more of a warning sign it will be to the big parties that they are no longer doing enough on issues like immigration.

A thug party like that has no place in modern Ireland and they never should

Wibbs wrote: »
    A relative of mine was a doctor who moved from Dublin to work in a London hospital for a time in the early 60's and he told me he saw such signs. He came across it when he was looking for temporary digs when he first arrived. He himself had no problem securing accommodation as he was seen as an "educated man". The gist seemed to be much more no "drunken builders who are Irish". Many didn't even equate him with being Irish as such. They expected a 19th century Punch cartoon of a simian like drunkard.

All these signs and no one bothered to take pictures of them? Just passed it on as hearsay?

• Advertisement

The IRA would give warnings in advance. The Islamists want the biggest bodycount possible.

Yeah the 30 people in omagh really appreciated the heads up when they got blown to smithereens

Advertisement