Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

4 dead and several injured after terrorist incident in Vienna, Austria

Options

Comments

The IRA would give warnings in advance. The Islamists want the biggest bodycount possible.

Sometimes they gave warnings for the bombs

They never gave warnings before slaughtering innocent people in bars.

Or dragging mother's away to be murdered and leaving her children orphans.

Not only do Shahids (martyrs) have all sins, except debt, forgiven. They ascend to the highest level of paradise.

From the 1st Hadith: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “The martyr is forgiven for every sin except debt.”

The Prophet said, "Nobody who enters Paradise likes to go back to the world even if he got everything on the Earth, except a Mujahid who wishes to return to the world so that he may be martyred ten times because of the dignity he receives (from Allah).

Haritha was martyred on the day (of the battle) of Badr, and he was a young boy then. His mother came to the Prophet and said, "O Allah's Apostle! You know how dear Haritha is to me. If he is in Paradise, I shall remain patient, and hope for reward from Allah, but if it is not so, then you shall see what I do?" He said, "May Allah be merciful to you! Have you lost your senses? Do you think there is only one Paradise? There are many Paradises and your son is in the (most superior) Paradise of Al-Firdaus.

This relates to muslims killed in battle. Not instigating terrorist attacks. Inshallah.

I don't think you read your own links;

"So there you have it – the infamous ‘No Irish, no blacks, no dogs’ signs almost certainly existed."

Taken from your first one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭AlphaDelta1

The IRA were bombing, shooting and mutilating all around them in the 70's and 80's but that's different somehow

That was the almost 30 years ago. The headchoppers are active now.

Stop deflecting and address the current problem with the Islamists.

I see the thread has turned into a "what about our own catholic terrorists"

Typical deflection tactic from the usual suspects.

• Advertisement

spook_cook wrote: »
    So we (non-Muslim, Westeners) need to be dicks to Muslims (regardless of nationality) because of the outrage perpetuated by a few extremist loons? No thanks.

Once again who said anything about Muslims. Islamists are the issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

This relates to muslims killed in battle. Not instigating terrorist attacks. Inshallah.

It relates to martyrs.

“The martyr is forgiven for every sin except debt.”

Haritha was martyred.

Mujahideen, Arabic mujāhidūn (“those engaged in jihad”), singular mujāhid, in its broadest sense, Muslims who fight on behalf of the faith or the Muslim community (ummah).

Nobody who enters Paradise likes to go back to the world even if he got everything on the Earth, except a Mujahid who wishes to return to the world so that he may be martyred ten times because of the dignity he receives (from Allah).

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,161 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

All these signs and no one bothered to take pictures of them? Just passed it on as hearsay?
    If you want to dismiss an anti Irish bias in English society in the past go ahead, but it most certainly existed. There can be no real doubt about that.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,161 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Actually as W has pointed out it refers to martyrs defending the faith. The one man's freedom fighter is another man's terrorist is in play here. To many Muslims someone killing those who would in their eyes slander their faith and prophet is involved in a battle and is a martyr.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

It relates to martyrs.

“The martyr is forgiven for every sin except debt.”

Haritha was martyred.

Mujahideen, Arabic mujāhidūn (“those engaged in jihad”), singular mujāhid, in its broadest sense, Muslims who fight on behalf of the faith or the Muslim community (ummah).

Nobody who enters Paradise likes to go back to the world even if he got everything on the Earth, except a Mujahid who wishes to return to the world so that he may be martyred ten times because of the dignity he receives (from Allah).
    A martyr is somebody dying in defence of islam. I don't think slaughtering innocent people is in defence of islam. Inshallah.

• Advertisement

You did.

You want every publication in the West to put front page offensive material towards Muslims.

That's their problem. If they don't like humour then go live somewhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

That guy is a new account best ignored

Wibbs wrote: »
    If you want to dismiss an anti Irish bias in English society in the past go ahead, but it most certainly existed. There can be no real doubt about that.

It certainly did exist (dunno about the signs, but the bias existed). My father has spoken of it when he did construction work in England during the 60s.. Still, he's also spoken about how many Irish behaved abroad too, reinforcing the stereotype of hard drinking men where violence was commonplace, etc. So, it's understandable as to how some of the bias came about. (some, not all.)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭atilladehun

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/oct/28/no-reason-to-doubt-no-irish-no-blacks-signs

There's tonnes of examples of anti Irish racism.

Eradicating this wave of anti west violence looks almost impossible. We're talking tiny percentages.

I'm shocked the US spent so much on it. 21,000 people die a year due to terrorism, vast majority in the middle East I'd imagine.

https://ourworldindata.org/terrorism

Looking at other wars I think step 1 would be getting terrorists to identify themselves. Obviously this would be counter productive but a viable political wing would help.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,076 ✭✭✭timmyntc

You did.

You want every publication in the West to put front page offensive material towards Muslims.

Yes. There's no reason we should have to put up with antiquated views & placate those who hold them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 547 ✭✭✭BeefeaterHat

The IRA are still active now. They're much more of a threat to Ireland than pretend Irish islamists

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Let all publications out a funny cartoon of Jesus and a funny cartoon of the prophet on the front of their newspapers, just to prove they are not singling out Islam. Bet us Jesus followers won't have a problem with it. Again if they want to live in Europe they need to live by our western values and our laws!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,857 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Yeah the 30 people in omagh really appreciated the heads up when they got blown to smithereens

Do not take my response for a justification or condoning. If there was no bomb then there would have been no deaths. The blame and responsibility is 100% with the bombers.

Apropos the point of the poster, warning were usually, although maybe not always, given by the republicans. I am open to correction but from my memory, in the Omagh case, I think they gave incorrect and confusing warnings which led to people being directed towards the actual bomb. Maybe it was deliberate or maybe it was a fuck up.

Again, don't twist my words to try to say I am saying something different.

That guy is a new account best ignored

Amazing the free speech heroes trying to shut someone up

A martyr is somebody dying in defence of islam. I don't think slaughtering innocent people is in defence of islam. Inshallah.

Yeah, the Quran is quite clear that non believers need to be "fought".

Muster against them all the men and cavalry at your disposal so that you can strike terror into the enemies of Allah and of the believers and others besides them who may be unknown to you, though Allah knows them. And remember whatever you spend for the cause of Allah shall be repaid to you. You shall not be wronged.

Those who believe, fight in the cause of Allah, and those who disbelieve, fight in the cause of Satan. So fight you against the friends of Satan. Ever feeble indeed is the plot of Satan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

The IRA would give warnings in advance..

They were gentlemen bombers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

Not a single mention of the actual subject of this thread for long time now. Instead its filled with absolute scutter talk.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,857 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

The IRA were bombing, shooting and mutilating all around them in the 70's and 80's but that's different somehow

In terms of shooting random civilians in public places, the IRA wouldn't hold a candle to their unionist brethren though would they? If you want to get into that comparison. Particularly mass shootings.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/oct/28/no-reason-to-doubt-no-irish-no-blacks-signs

There's tonnes of examples of anti Irish racism.

Eradicating this wave of anti west violence looks almost impossible. We're talking tiny percentages.

I'm shocked the US spent so much on it. 21,000 people die a year due to terrorism, vast majority in the middle East I'd imagine.

https://ourworldindata.org/terrorism

Looking at other wars I think step 1 would be getting terrorists to identify themselves. Obviously this would be counter productive but a viable political wing would help.

Won't be replying to these messages. I realised that the Irish in UK was completely off topic. We can set up another thread if needed. This thread is about Vienna. Not to pick on yours, it was just the most recent. I don't want to drag thread off topic.

Blanco100 wrote: »
    Not a single mention of the actual subject of this thread for long time now. Instead its filled with absolute scutter talk.

Just a bunch of 4chan rejects rambling on about mass deportation and general far right rantings if it wasn't so sad it'd be funny

Let all publications out a funny cartoon of Jesus and a funny cartoon of the prophet on the front of their newspapers, just to prove they are not singling out Islam. Bet us Jesus followers won't have a problem with it. Again if they want to live in Europe they need to live by our western values and our laws!

Ripping the piss out of all these sky fairies is important imo. A woman can't go to Dubai for instance and walk down the road with a bikini on by the beach and that's fair enough as that's their belief system and i respect it. The same way they must except our system of beliefs. If they don't like seeing Mohammad portrayed as a cartoon that's fair enough go live somewhere else that doesn't offend you but don't dare think it's gives you carte blanche to run wild shooting, stabbing and beheading people.

Shooting maybe, but blowy up I think the IRA win at throwing-a-grenade-in-a-crowded-restaurant and running off stakes.

> Between October 1974 and December 1975 they carried out approximately 40 bomb and gun attacks in and around London, sometimes attacking the same targets twice. The unit would sometimes carry out two or more attacks in one day

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balcombe_Street_Gang

B-but they warned their targets it was just to send a message according to the white Catholic supremacist apologists on here

Blanco100 wrote: »

Oh, there's been a few (since the thread expanded from the attack in France) but those posts are submerged by the angry posters and those seeking to deflect attention. Equally bad imho.

B-but they warned their targets it was just to send a message according to the white Catholic supremacist apologists on here

Start a thread on it. This one is about the terrorist attack in Vienna. Last time i checked it had zero to do with the IRA

• Advertisement

"Laugh at this eh... funny drawing of Mohammed or leave". Again, no thanks.

I prefer a society where we're not dicks to certain religions or groups, and especially not one where the media need to so do in order to... tell them to go off home (even if Europe is their home)

religion
    (noun)

the belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, especially a personal God or gods.

a particular system of faith and worship.

pursuit or interest followed with great devotion.

Is Islam a religion? If you have no belief, no faith or no devotion you still cannot leave. Apostates must be killed. It's more like a cult. it should be classified as one.

Advertisement