Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

4 dead and several injured after terrorist incident in Vienna, Austria

Options

Comments

religion
    (noun)

the belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, especially a personal God or gods.

a particular system of faith and worship.

pursuit or interest followed with great devotion.

Is Islam a religion? If you have no belief, no faith or no devotion you still cannot leave. Apostates must be killed. It's more like a cult. it should be classified as one.

I think you have a grave misunderstanding of Islam if you define it as a cult?
    By the way are you referring to the Shia or Sunni's here? Inshallah.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,857 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

B-but they warned their targets it was just to send a message according to the white Catholic supremacist apologists on here

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loughinisland_massacre

A small village pub filled with civilians watching a Republic of Ireland soccer match, was randomly stormed by Unionist gunmen with assault rifles. 6 dead.

I don't think the ones over in Vienna have got their body count up that high yet!

You can write a note about it and keep it under your beefeater hat to keep you reminded

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

Just a bunch of 4chan rejects rambling on about mass deportation and general far right rantings if it wasn't so sad it'd be funny
    Lads, it's the usual MO for these new regs.
    Deflect, and deflect some more. They will say anything to deflect from the horrendous murderous campaign of terror by Islamists all over Europe. How many of the last few pages mentions the IRA? Too many. This thread is about the cowardly Islamic murderers in Vienna.

Best to put them on ignore, as their ultimate aim is to shut down the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Mod

Get back on topic please.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,839 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

A martyr is somebody dying in defence of islam. I don't think slaughtering innocent people is in defence of islam. Inshallah.

Al Azhar in Cairo, the leading academic centre for Sunni Islam for the last millennium said the Islamic State could be described as terrorists but not heretical as they followed the teachings so strictly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Regardless of religion or extreme views, the people who perpetrate this level of violence against their fellow citizens shouldn't be used to raise the awareness of their own religion - no matter what diverse section of that religion it is or isn't - they should be held-up as terrorists, and opposers to free expression. All of Europe should have satirical cartoons made into flags and flown high - (I don't care who they are taking the piss out of, or who they may offend) If we lose our right to freedom of expression in a free world, these fcukers win.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Frankie Machine

spook_cook wrote: »
    So we (non-Muslim, Westeners) need to be dicks to Muslims (regardless of nationality) because of the outrage perpetuated by a few extremist loons? No thanks.

Asserting the importance of freedom of expression, without fear of insane over-reaction, in fact despite the likelihood of it.

Yes, please.

There's a weird mix of grovelling and patronising in your attitude.

B-but they warned their targets it was just to send a message according to the white Catholic supremacist apologists on here

You are even a bit too full on for a young Tory

Baggly wrote: »
    Mod

Get back on topic please.

I haven't seen this thread actually on topic since the first page!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

Looking them up is perverse imo
    Why look up these videos at all, seems perverse to me people have died.
    You know what a negotiation is ?

You do not negotiate with islamists no more than you negotiated with the real original nazis.

You wipe them out.

First you have been telling us we should not antagonise islamists and now that we should negotiate with them.

Do you just want to hoist the white flag altogether or maybe that should be a black flag given the ones you are hellbent on appeasing.

I am not allowed discuss …

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

bubblypop wrote: »
    I haven't seen this thread actually on topic since the first page!

And posts like yours deflecting and trying to get it shut down are the reason why.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

Out biggest issue are Quislings within.

I am not allowed discuss …

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

FYI - IRA terrorists killed around 3000 people in the campaign against Britain and unionist rule.

Islamist scum did that on one fine September morning and are still a danger to this day.

Gervais08 wrote: »
    And posts like yours deflecting and trying to get it shut down are the reason why.

I came to post about a terrible incident, where innocent people have been killed and injured.

Some people have turned it into something totally different!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

According to sky a gunman has been shot dead.
    I'm not a violent person but I do prefer the way foreign police deal with these yobs. The Irish and uk police would probably attempt to reason with them.

I'm not so sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Granadino

Turns out this bloke was Austrian/Macedonian. European. The anti immigrant crowd were mad for road initially last night on Twitter. Send back the boats, we're "inviting" them in etc. Second generation immigrants.
    Where I am in southern Europe, all of the people throwing rubbish on the streets, not wearing masks, shouting, being a scumbag in general etc are natives. Not black, not north African, not Asian etc.

FYI - IRA terrorists killed around 3000 people in the campaign against Britain and unionist rule.

Islamist scum did that on one fine September morning and are still a danger to this day.

The IRA killed about 1,650 and about 70% of them were Security or State.

Live music, singing and mixed crowds were the reasons The Bataclan venue was targeted by Islam.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭mohawk

Just heard on radio the suspect that was shot in Vienna was 20 years old and had previously been convicted for membership of ISIS.

The European police forces seem to be able to figure out who the extremists are but not much they can do about them.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭JKerova1

They actually only killed about a third of that amount. Loyalists killed 1000 people (including many Irish citizens) and they barely ever get mentioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Stihl waters

Granadino wrote: »
    Turns out this bloke was Austrian/Macedonian. European. The anti immigrant crowd were mad for road initially last night on Twitter. Send back the boats, we're "inviting" them in etc. Second generation immigrants.
    Where I am in southern Europe, all of the people throwing rubbish on the streets, not wearing masks, shouting, being a scumbag in general etc are natives. Not black, not north African, not Asian etc.

But still muslim, not hindu, catholic or mormons, and people throwing rubbish on the street is a far cry from execution of peaceful civilians in peaceful Cities, how did you draw a co-relation between the two

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

He was still an Islamist, who wants the rest of us Europeans dead ..... just because we do not believe that his fairy god/prophet exists.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Danzy wrote: »
    The IRA killed about 1,650 and about 70% of them were Security or State.

Live music, singing and mixed crowds were the reasons The Bataclan venue was targeted by Islam.

don't feed into it, just another 'new' poster trying to shut down a thread that in any way criticises islam.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Frankie Machine

European, eh ? Hardly in the spirit of the thing, though.

Proof as if it were needed that we have no need to import more of what we already have too much of.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

mohawk wrote: »
    Just heard on radio the suspect that was shot in Vienna was 20 years old and had previously been convicted for membership of ISIS.

Convicted of attempting to travel to Syria to join ISIS - doesn't appear he managed to get there, so he had it delivered.

It still doesn't change the fact that the stabbing in France was done by a migrant.

"Police sources named the man as Brahim Aouissaoui. Prosecutors said he had arrived by boat on the Italian island of Lampedusa as a migrant last month and after quarantining had been ordered to travel on."

So, conversations about migrants and what they do in Europe has relevance. I don't get this need by some posters to deflect away from that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭mohawk

Not all the terrorists have been first generation. Many have been second generation. This is known. It is possible new arrivals bringing more extreme views with them and radicalising the second/third generation or else sending Imans to ME to train could also be radicalising them. The extremists are popping up all over Europe. This isn’t an isolated event. We need to know what is causing it so we can figure out how to stop it.

You might try and paint people’s posts as racist. But notice the common denominator in the terror attacks. The perpetrators are Islamists, not Hindus, or Buddhists, or Sikhs. We don’t know who the people coming in on the boats and we don’t know how many fought for ISIS.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭monseiur

Just like the lad in the Paris beheading if I recall correctly.

The people smuggling so called ‘charities’ have more blood on their hands.
    One of these 'charities' is our own navy. Having nothing better to do they headed off to the Meideterrian to ensure that thousands of illegal immigrants made it to Europe. (Instead of returning them to their port of origin)
    They landed thousands of them safely on Lampedusa island...and coincidently (or not!) the lad who decapitated the teacher in Paris last month was a ''wetback'' came from Africa through Lampedusa and the Italians gave him a one way ticker out of the country....so he headed to France.

France is becoming a cold place for illegal migrants lately for obvious reasons so they are massing on it's northern borders in so called 'jungle camps' and gradually making their way to England and here.
    From next January England will be out of the EU and not bound by it's lax laws on illegal migrants so they'll put a stop to the flow of illegal migrants entering their country and plan to deport thousands of undocumented migrants who are already there. So we better be prepared for an avalanche of illegals in the coming decades. Up to now we have just seen the thin end of the iceberg but the huge monster that it is will reveal itself gradually and by the time we realize it, it will be too late.
    After the UK exit we will be the only english speaking country in the EU and the vast majority of these migrants speak some english and want to come to an english speaking country and we also have the reputation of being a soft touch, we hardly ever deport anyone
    What is France's & Austria problems today will be ours tomorrow.
    The EU needs someone like Trump with a backbone, guts and resolve to 'build a wall' - we'll call it 'Fortress Europe' to protect and ensure the survival of our hard won way of life.....and let the bleeding hearts go unheeded and bleed away.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

monseiur wrote: »
    One of these 'charities' is our own navy. Having nothing better to do they headed off to the Meideterrian to ensure that thousands of illegal immigrants made it to Europe. (Instead of returning them to their port of origin)
    They landed thousands of them safely on Lampedusa island...and coincidently (or not!) the lad who decapitated the teacher in Paris last month was a ''wetback'' came from Africa through Lampedusa and the Italians gave him a one way ticker out of the country....so he headed to France.

France is becoming a cold place for illegal migrants lately for obvious reasons so they are massing on it's northern borders in so called 'jungle camps' and gradually making their way to England and here.
    From next January England will be out of the EU and not bound by it's lax laws on illegal migrants so they'll put a stop to the flow of illegal migrants entering their country and plan to deport thousands of undocumented migrants who are already there. So we better be prepared for an avalanche of illegals in the coming decades. Up to now we have just seen the thin end of the iceberg but the huge monster that it is will reveal itself gradually and by the time we realize it, it will be too late.
    After the UK exit we will be the only english speaking country in the EU and the vast majority of these migrants speak some english and want to come to an english speaking country and we also have the reputation of being a soft touch, we hardly ever deport anyone
    What is France's & Austria problems today will be ours tomorrow.
    The EU needs someone like Trump with a backbone, guts and resolve to 'build a wall' - we'll call it 'Fortress Europe' to protect and ensure the survival of our hard won way of life.....and let the bleeding hearts go unheeded and bleed away.

Stopping the migrants is one thing but we are forgetting about the biggest tool at their disposal, internet.
    Close the borders as much as you want but the possibilities are there for anyone to go and radicalise themselves.

The internet has a lot to answer for as well in radicalising these people. My point was most of the folk I see getting on boats are black Africans. Italian authorites waved on a nutcase to leave the country a month or so ago. Should we be questioning the Italian police on how strict they are?
    While I don't believe in illegal immigration, it is what it is currently in the Med.

• Advertisement

mohawk wrote: »

You might try and paint people’s posts as racist. But notice the common denominator in the terror attacks. The perpetrators are Islamists, not Hindus, or Buddhists, or Sikhs. We don’t know who the people coming in on the boats and we don’t know how many fought for ISIS.

A certain strand of Islam, who have persecuted other strands of Islam just as much as Europeans.
    I have no problem letting in Syrian or Kurdish refugees. Put yourself in their shoes. What would you do?

Advertisement