Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

4 dead and several injured after terrorist incident in Vienna, Austria

Options

Comments

This relates to muslims killed in battle. Not instigating terrorist attacks. Inshallah.

Why do you keep saying "Inshallah"? You don't believe in all that nonsense, do you?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,515 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

Strumms wrote: »
    My politics have always been left of center, but where immigration is concerned it’s not.

I want to see...

Quotas - xx numbers a year only allowed to enter and apply to stay.

Currently, all non-EU need a visa to move here, AFAIK.

Are you suggesting a quota on visas?

I want restrictions on these visas.

I suggest no non-EU immigration unless the labour/skill is 100% not available here.

Or are you suggesting a quota on refugees? The current programme is 6,900.

Or are you suggesting a quote on asylum-seekers? Note that the vast majority of these are bogus.

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Granadino

The wearing of overtly religious symbols is IMHO sectarian in nature and really should not be encouraged.
    Muslim religious sensibilities must take second place to western norms and practices.

So you'd have an issue with someone wanting to put a piece of cloth around their head. Would that extend to nuns? If my child was alergic to pork or Jewish, would that also be an issue for you in the school canteen?
    How does it bother you if someone wears a piece of cloth around their head? How does it interfere in your life?
    (I'm against the burka)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭seenitall

Why do you keep saying "Inshallah"? You don't believe in all that nonsense, do you?

Inshallah means “God willing”. Every time I see one of their posts, that last bit strikes me as so incogruous with whatever they are saying that I do a double take. Every time. So I don’t think the Dazzler is a believer! They probably think it’s a greeting or something.

It is hearbreaking about Vienna. I adore that city. Yet my only surprise is that it took this long for a cultural enrichment incident to happen there. There is real hostility in the air in certain communities there. I’d bet the perp grew up in Favoriten. Maybe not, but it’s a good bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

mohawk wrote: »
    Just heard on radio the suspect that was shot in Vienna was 20 years old and had previously been convicted for membership of ISIS.

The European police forces seem to be able to figure out who the extremists are but not much they can do about them.

Internment pure and simple.

Of course the open borders leftie shinner types will not have a coronary.
    TomTomTim wrote: »
    True. Yet it shouldn't be a choice. I wouldn't dream of going to the Middle East and trying force my views on Muslims, as a matter of respecting the house you are in. Islamists have no respect for our house, they'd burn it to the ground if they had their way, as would their western allies.

Good luck trying to force western values and christian ways in the Middle East.
    Integration is a two way street. We want them to integrate? we need to provide education so that they can understand/appreciate our culture

You mean like those Norwegian Swedish classes telling them they can't go round trying to rape girls and women because they dress differently and aren't going round shackled to their father, brother or husband?

I am not allowed discuss …

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭john123470

Geuze wrote: »

Or are you suggesting a quota on refugees? The current programme is 6,900.

Or are you suggesting a quote on asylum-seekers? Note that the vast majority of these are bogus.

Does it really matter at this point ? Its already in our midst. Murder has been ratified as a viable response to 'offence taken'

Simply put, we are already at war. We have given a free pass to this cult. Mosques (whose rule of law is Sharia not State law) have free rein. Not a peep out of them re these recent barbaric murders. Nobody knows what is happening in the mosques in Dublin. They are accountable to none

Whats the point arguing about quotas. Europe is already f_cked

How many people died of Covid in the last 24 hours in Europe, many due to being infected by super spreaders or folk who just don't give a ****.

Not hard to see how the Nazi regime rose to power or how the Serbian genocide was allowed to happen.

This thread can now be summed up in one sentence;

"Some of them hate us because of religion, they are barbarians. I now hate all of those that practice that religion and advocate action against them, I am civilised."

Ahh bullshtyte.
    Jews were not going around slaughtering Christians, Germans or Eastern Europeans.
    It had always been the exact opposite in fact.
    Islamists have far more in common with Nazis than what anyone has said here or any of us believe.
    Funny how the Waffen SS had a Bosnian muslim division.

Actually it was the Bosnian wars and ethnic cleansing is not really that clear cut as just labeling it a Serbian genocide.
    There was some ethnic cleansing done by all sides.
    The Bosnian muslims were often caught between the Croats and the Serbs and being the weaker often came off much worse.
    The Serbs were just more accomplished at it and were seen as the enemy of the West.
    bubblypop wrote: »
    What?
    How ridiculous!
    I don't think all Muslims are good, I don't think all Muslims are bad.
    Pretty much in the same way that I think about all people

We know it is not ALL muslims but it is sizable problem and it is all to do with islam or certain flavours of islam.
    You always come out defending islam and muslims.
    It would be akin to someone talking about the horrors of the aforementioned Nazis and then you chirping in endlessly that not all Germans were Nazis.

You never ever really confront how rotten a chunk of islam is and how it isn't just a tiny minority that has major issues with us and our Western values and ways.
    Now only a small percentage take that to levels of violence, but as can be seen from surveys carried out and what happens in the muslim world a lot more than a small percentage believe in sharia and have issue with our attitudes to homosexuality, womens rights, Jews, etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

I believe it’s to try and goad a response that would a) get someone banned and/or b) get the thread closed. Best ignored.

Granadino wrote: »
    How many people died of Covid in the last 24 hours in Europe, many due to being infected by super spreaders or folk who just don't give a ****.

Oh FFS.

Why not start the old chestnut of dragging in car accidents as well. :mad:

Shooting innocent people on a night out, hacking the heads off worshippers in a place of worship, hacking the heads off teachers, running trucks into crowds of people, attacking commuters on buses, trains and planes is not the fooking equivalent to an accident or even someone recklessly mixing with people with the chance they may have a virus.

You moral compass is so fooked up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

I meant put yourself in the shoes of someone who has had their house levelled in a war and all they have is a bag on their back. Just because they are muslim, why can't they come to Europe?

They are incompatible with European values. LGBTQ rights, women's rights, secularism, freedom of expression, liberal minded population etc

"Incompatible
    (of two things) so different in nature as to be incapable of coexisting.
    "she declined the offer because it was incompatible with her values"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭MoonUnit75

How many free beheadings and shootings do you think islamists should get per Covid death?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

How does it bother you if someone wears a piece of cloth around their head? How does it interfere in your life?
    (I'm against the burka)
    Which one is a cloth around their head, and which ones are you not ok with?

hijabs-new.jpg

They are incompatible with European values. LGBTQ rights, women's rights, secularism, freedom of expression, liberal minded population etc

Every muslim? What about black Africans?

biko wrote: »

hijabs-new.jpg

The last 2 on the right are not ok with me, other than that, I couldn´t really give a fck what someone wears on their head or doesn't wear on their head. Maybe you should do the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭sheeplover55

There will be future terrorist attacks and we can continue to treat them as semi isolated incidents but the reality is far different. EU spending on anti terrorism and security measures has increased ten fold in recent times because of this problem - for every successful attack there's another dozen that have been quashed and kept out of public eye.

I can't really put it much better than Angela Merkel did some years ago when she said multiculturalism is a myth and a life lie that creates parallel societies. I have no doubt in my mind that extremism is being taught day in and day out in many Mosques throughout Europe with authorities turning a blind eye to it. There was a particular C4 doc that went undercover into the UK's biggest mosque where extremism was rife - they were warned by authorities to cut it out and promised to do so. C4 went back years later and it had gotten worse.

Islamic culture is changing Europe for the worse and I'd love to hear some counter points from the other side. In Germany, mass gatherings at Christmas have been quelled and former popular market streets have been laden with cement blocks and other barriers to prevent possible attacks. In Sweden the most popular music concerts have been segregated because of sexual attacks on women - Sweden of course now refuse to release crime statistics based on immigration status and rape. France banned public showings of world cup games in 2018 due to fear of attacks, the year in which they won the world cup again.

That's three examples on a long list of many of how Europe is changing, terrorism is a real threat and to dismiss it is being disingenuous. Every Muslim is not a terrorist, but their culture and parallel societies acting in almost rebuttal of European values seems to breed every terrorist in recent times. Is Europe a better place because of mass immigration from these cultures? Absolutely not.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭myfreespirit

So you'd have an issue with someone wanting to put a piece of cloth around their head. Would that extend to nuns? If my child was alergic to pork or Jewish, would that also be an issue for you in the school canteen?
    (I'm against the burka)

This is "whataboutery", and is in a similar vein to other posts by you in the thread. ("How many people died of Covid in the last 24 hours in Europe...")

To reiterate: Muslim religious sensibilities and practices must be respectful of the societies they live in. They should seek to integrate fully with those cultures and keep their religious practices private.
    There is no need to flaunt their religion in public in a sectarian manner.

Vienna gunman posted selfie holding AK-47, pistol and machete prior to attack
    vienna-54.jpg
    https://nypost.com/2020/11/03/vienna-gunman-posted-selfie-holding-ak-47-pistol-and-machete/

I have no doubt in my mind that extremism is being taught day in and day out in many Mosques throughout Europe with authorities turning a blind eye to it. There was a particular C4 doc that went undercover into the UK's biggest mosque where extremism was rife - they were warned by authorities to cut it out and promised to do so. C4 went back years later and it had gotten worse.

You are bang on. This is where it needs to be stamped out. Again I mentioned it last week, politicians need to come out and say to people if they don't want to live by certain rules or norms, there'll be a chartered flight out to a destination of their choosing.

The last 2 on the right are not ok with me, other than that, I couldn´t really give a fck what someone wears on their head or doesn't wear on their head. Maybe you should do the same.
    You tell it to the muslims, girl. We're all behind you.
    Iran requires women to wear the head covering in public.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/03/world/middleeast/chess-hijab-iran.html
    Woman dragged across street and beaten for not wearing hijab
    https://metro.co.uk/2019/06/19/woman-dragged-across-street-beaten-dancing-not-wearing-hijab-10010981/
    I find it refreshing you stand behind the women attacked for not wanting to wear the scarf.
    Thank you.

• Advertisement

This is "whataboutery", and is in a similar vein to other posts by you in the thread. ("How many people died of Covid in the last 24 hours in Europe...")

To reiterate: Muslim religious sensibilities and practices must be respectful of the societies they live in. They should seek to integrate fully with those cultures and keep their religious practices private.
    There is no need to flaunt their religion in public in a sectarian manner.

Not whataboutery but you have people screaming to open up societies again when we literally have 1000s of people dying in Europe everyday of covid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭sheeplover55

Not whataboutery but you have people screaming to open up societies again when we literally have 1000s of people dying in Europe everyday of covid.

This is the same logic as saying that because you have a broken back the broken leg doesn't matter - nonsensical garbage.

hijabs-new.jpg

Great question OP !

Im not ok with the 5 on the left.

Why ?

.. im a face man .. faces excite the bejasus outa me .. mad animal passion like .. and i do be frothin at the mouth like a meth user in full swing .. if can see their faces .. even a cartoon drawing of their faces .. its off to the races for me .. no control ..

Im ok with the 2 on the right tho coz i can get on with whatever im doin. No distraction there - i can even manage to look away in despair ..

2 on the right also more likely to have their hind quarters so well wrapped that by the time you got thru to the fountain of bliss, you'd have lost the fire ..

Yep, i'll take the 2 on the right

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Das Reich

2020 and never had a muslim terrorist attack in my country. It's the biggest Catholic country in the world but the day they will try be sure there will be reprisals.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Selenophile

On topic

https://apnews.com/article/virus-outbreak-islamic-state-group-austria-shootings-vienna-53282a7da4f3a1903358b4b16d8a17a6

If they had shredded the passport back then they would have saved lives.
    From the article you quoted, the young man "Austrian-North Macedonian dual citizen" judging by his name, was an ethnic Albanian, which means he had deep European roots, and his ancestors have been Muslims for last several centuries.

Therefore, the problem will not be solved by simple deportations or closing borders to those from other continents: Asia and Africa. North Macedonia, Albania, Kosovo, Bosnia i.e. European countries with large Muslim population or predominantly Muslim, are on the path to become EU members one day.

Also, he had Austrian citizenship, so he was already EU citizen and shredding his passport, wouldn't prevent him traveling free across EU.

The problem isn't in Islam. The problem is in network laid out across Europe that recruits, indoctrinate, equip and send these people out to terrorist missions. The problem are those oil rich regimes in the Gulf that finance them. These organizations don't do it to spread Islam - they are fully aware you can't convert people that way; they don't do it because they believe it is their sacred duty - they couldn't care less about it.

What their aim can be ? I don't know. But here is one hypothesis (I'm speculating here). We remember that one of the things that Trump emphasized during his previous and successful campaign was about dangers of Muslim migrants, and he used to show Sweden as an example of such dangers. But we also know, that once he got into office he withdrew USA from Paris agreement and is now seen as a defender of fossil fuels. For some reason, most extreme right wing parties in Europe and elsewhere today are not just Islamophobic, but they are also skeptical towards GHG and fossil fuels impact on global warming and climate change. If they were in power, Gulf countries wouldn't be scared for their income. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Nermal

Your way isn't possible... at least, not without destroying the very fabric of western cultural values. That's too high a price in my mind.

Self-preservation is the value that comes before all others.

Das Reich wrote: »
    2020 and never had a muslim terrorist attack in my country. It's the biggest Catholic country in the world but the day they will try be sure there will be reprisals.

Kim Jong ?

Hey, welcome to boards, man !

Love your work

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭John Frank Wilson

9FMLHnr.png

jmayo wrote: »

Actually it was the Bosnian wars and ethnic cleansing is not really that clear cut as just labeling it a Serbian genocide.
    There was some ethnic cleansing done by all sides.
    The Bosnian muslims were often caught between the Croats and the Serbs and being the weaker often came off much worse.
    The Serbs were just more accomplished at it and were seen as the enemy of the West.

Serbians committed genocide in more countries than Bosnia

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

The UK's terrorism threat level has been upgraded from "substantial" to "severe".

Second highest level, expecting something to occur.

Advertisement