Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Living in Adare

• 02-11-2020 9:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭

Folks, looking to purchase a house in Adare, couple with a 4 year old and another on the way. Can anybody let me know if its a good family village? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Live on the Manor grounds?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Adare would be a very nice place to liveExpensive but good luck in your search.You not from Limerick i take it

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Marty1983

bigpink wrote: »
    Adare would be a very nice place to liveExpensive but good luck in your search.You not from Limerick i take it

No not from Limerick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭davo2001

Traffic is a nightmare, you need to take that into consideration, where will you be working? Somewhere in Limerick I assume?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭Paddico

My cousin bought a few years back.
    Its pricey.

• Advertisement

My wife is working in Dooradoyle and I am in the city centre. My thinking is the bypass is still being progressed, with Adare Manor getting the Ryder cup i feel it will be complete by then (if JP has anything to do with it).

I acknowledge its pricey there, i suppose you are paying for the location. I much prefer the village lifestyle as opposed to being in a city. Some great amenities for kids like the Manor Fields too.

Great golf course there too.

Not very accessible for us mortals!

Adare ois a step up in even regular house prices i would say

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭con747

If the tourists ever get a chance to come back god help you every summer, them lovely thatched cottages to the aul yanks.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Advertisement

Ud want half a million deffo to buy in Adare

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 121 ✭✭Carodh

I grew up in Adare and in a heartbeat I would move back there if circumstances were different. My sister and parents and a number of my friends live there.

There has been a huge Influx of new residents in the last 15 years and now with those having school going kids they are actively getting involved hugely in the community. Adare Manor gave land to the community & they have fundraised and are gradually developing it with a playground, cricket field walking track, all weather pitch etc.
    The GAA club has so many parents helping out at all levels.
    There are so many differneet activities & groups that kids or parents can get involved with if they wish.
    Adare Community Council are doing great work at improving the village seeking out grants, new projects etc.
    There are 4 schools in the parish
    Our Lady’s Abbey- Girls School
    Scoil Naomh Iosaf- Boys School
    At Nicholas Church of Ireland School- Mixed
    Shountrade- mixed- approx 2.5 miles outside the village.
    If you are living in the countryside you can avoid a lot of the rush hour traffic- you just learn the back roads.
    Hope this helps a bit.

Thanks very much Carodh, thats great to hear.

Advertisement