Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soundvkeeps cutting out on TV

• 02-11-2020 10:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭

Hi there

The sound on my TV cuts out for a split second every 30 seconds or so. It happens on all channels but not when I'm watching Netflix.

I have taken out cables and checked for dust, changed from Hdm1 to 2 and nothing has worked.

It's really annoying and at this point I'm thinking I should just buy a new TV (mine is about 4 years old).

I have a 'splitter'. Do I need this? Could this be the problem?

If anyone has had this problem and knows how to fix it , please let me know.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭jonnygee

What are you changing from hdmi 1 to hdmi 2. Is it an external box?
    What are you splitting?
    Is Netflix an inbuilt app on your tv or is it on an external device?

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Windmill100000

Hi Johnny

Sorry, I'm not very technical. The tv box was set up for me a good while ago and a splitter device is currently there. I think it is to do with internet connection. I am not at home to check this right now but think that is why.

I read online somewhere to change from hdmi 1 to 2 as that may be causing the sound to drop

It is a standard vigin box and I view Netflix on the TV by going to channel 300.

It is a Virgin box if that makes any difference

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,835 ✭✭✭con747

Hi Johnny

Sorry, I'm not very technical. The tv box was set up for me a good while ago and a splitter device is currently there. I think it is to do with internet connection. I am not at home to check this right now but think that is why.

I read online somewhere to change from hdmi 1 to 2 as that may be causing the sound to drop

It is a standard vigin box and I view Netflix on the TV by going to channel 300.

It is a Virgin box if that makes any difference

Is your tv an LG

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

Hi Con,

No, it's a JVC.

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭jonnygee

Sorry I dont have any knowledge of the virgin media box however you need to go into the settings of the box and go to the sound settings and check if there is an option to change to a different type of sound output eg. dolby or pcm.
    Secondly try a different hdmi cable and finally if you can, try another tv.
    Dont buy a new tv until you can establish which of the three ( tv, lead or box) is causing the issue.

• Advertisement

Our JVC telly got a software update the other day. Maybe just maybe your own telly needs a software update too. Is there anyone near you who is anyway technical?

Hi xieann, I don't think it's a software update. I've never had one as far as I know. The problem has been there a while and I just started watching Netflix over the TV as it got so annoying. I'm not sure what it means that the problem does not happen with Netflix.

Johnny, I will check out the sound settings as you suggested. Would be good if that solved it.

I might ring Virgin as well. Perhaps they can shed some light on it.

Right, I'm not being petty here, but what 'Edition' or version is your JVC telly? If you posted that here, somebody who owned the exact same telly by chance might be able to help you along.

Our JVC is a

JVC | firetv edition

Hi Con,

No, it's a JVC.

On my Lg if you have other devices powered on the same thing happens with the sound, just a fraction of a second cut out so you could lose a word in a sentence. When I have all other devices powered off it stops. Try that and see if it helps on the JVC.

con747 wrote: »
    On my Lg if you have other devices powered on the same thing happens with the sound, just a fraction of a second cut out so you could lose a word in a sentence. When I have all other devices powered off it stops. Try that and see if it helps on the JVC.

Sorry, what do you mean by other devices :confused::)

• Advertisement

Did you try a completely different hdmi cable itself?

Sorry, what do you mean by other devices :confused::)

I have a freeview box and a freesat box and cctv connected so I have to power off the ones i'm not using or the sound goes for a split second every few minutes when the tv recognises the other devises are powered on. It's a glitch on Lg tv's so maybe the same on your Jvc.

The easiest way to find out the model of your jvc OP is to turn on the telly, and the tv screen will display the model of tv, in my case (jvc fire tv edition)

Advertisement