Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancel bank account

Options
  • 02-11-2020 11:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hello. Im currently livint in Spain and im not using my irish bank account anymore. How can i cancel my bank account from Spain?
    Thank you

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Richard F

Hi Sergi1985,

Thank you for getting in touch with us today on Boards.ie.

We’re sorry to hear you are looking to close your account. If your address and mobile number are up to date, you will be able to close your account using the below link:

https://form.bankofireland.com/personal-banking/bank/current-accounts/account-closure-form/

If these details have changed, it would be best to call us on 0818365365 or 0035314044000 from abroad to have your address updated. Alternatively, you can send a letter of request to your account holding branch to have the account closed. The letter would need to include a certified copy of your passport, two certified proofs of address, your contact number and account details to send any credit balance to

We hope this information helps.

Thanks,
    Richard

Advertisement