Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best/Cheapest Hardware supplier for new build

Options
  • 03-11-2020 12:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭

Hi just wondering does anybody have any suggestions for good cheap hardware shop for supplies for a new build.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭stratowide

Your best option is to ring around asking for prices.There can be big differences in price from supplier to supplier.
    You'll end up buying from a number of different places.
    I find Brett's in Mullinahone/Callan good as they will "talk to you" about the price of stock.

Factor in delivery too.

Ring around is my advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

Always find Kilkenny builder providers to be the best value, very knowledgeable and always willing to do a deal particularly if you're going to be getting allot of material for a house build.
    http://kkbuildersproviders.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Fred Daly

I agree with you kilkenny builder providers are the best i found to deal with.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,839 ✭✭✭s8n

stratowide wrote: »
    Your best option is to ring around asking for prices.There can be big differences in price from supplier to supplier.
    You'll end up buying from a number of different places.
    I find Brett's in Mullinahone/Callan good as they will "talk to you" about the price of stock.

Factor in delivery too.

Ring around is my advice.

Brettso is definitely one of the best

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭1984baby

KK builder providers for timber etc..
    HeatMerchants for plumbing/heating stuff
    Bretts, John st for locks/smaller diy items

• Advertisement

Another good place for all building materials plumbing etc Phelan hardware Ballyragget, Durrow thats if you are up north of the county.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭newhouse87

cheers lads for the tips, in tipp so willing to cross the border for a saving ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭cargo

Another one to get a price off is Midland Hardware in Rathdowney. Worth a shot also.

cargo wrote: »
    Another one to get a price off is Midland Hardware in Rathdowney. Worth a shot also.

You would often pass there truck heading into Dublin loaded with material.

Advertisement