Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Non resident taxation

Options
  • 03-11-2020 12:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi,

I was wondering whether anybody can help me out - I have lived overseas since October 2018 & returned temporarily to Ireland at the end of June this year due to personal reasons. As such, I am out of Ireland 179 days this year but intend to get out for the remaining 4 (183 required) to ensure non residence. I unfortunately cannot get back to my overseas residence due to covid so was wondering whether I could travel & stay in Northern Ireland to make up my days or if I'd need to leave the island of Ireland entirely to qualify?

If that's the case I could go to mainland Europe but would like clarification before having to travel in the current climate.
    Any insight is greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭davindub

Hi,

I was wondering whether anybody can help me out - I have lived overseas since October 2018 & returned temporarily to Ireland at the end of June this year due to personal reasons. As such, I am out of Ireland 179 days this year but intend to get out for the remaining 4 (183 required) to ensure non residence. I unfortunately cannot get back to my overseas residence due to covid so was wondering whether I could travel & stay in Northern Ireland to make up my days or if I'd need to leave the island of Ireland entirely to qualify?

If that's the case I could go to mainland Europe but would like clarification before having to travel in the current climate.
    Any insight is greatly appreciated!

You can ring Revenue to confirm this and what criteria apply but they have stated that if you are delayed in leaving the country, the days you cannot travel due to covid are not counted.

Advertisement