Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wolfie Awards 2020

Options
  • 03-11-2020 1:44pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Triceratops Ballet, Baggly, tusk and Necro proudly present:

Screen-Shot-2014-04-23-at-11.24.27-AM.png

Hey y'all!

With only 2 games remaining in the year, its that time of year when we look back at all the time we have spent trying to kill each others online personas!

I am pleased to introduce the nominations form for the 2020 Forum Games Werewolf Awards (The Wolfies).

Form Link: Nominations Form

There are a good few categories celebrating some of the stand out moments of the year (as best as we could pick them!).

If you think something is missing please send myself, TB, Baggly or tusk a PM and we will take a look!

We are posting this now as the categories are open text answers, so we want to give people lots of time to consider what they want to nominate and vote for!

We reserve the right to follow up with you on your submission if i need a little more detail (i.e. i like when Necro did that thing with the thing - what thing. with which thing. in what game )

We will compile the results and post a voting form with your nominations in December!!

Note: You can make as many submissions as you like, so please use and abuse the nominations form!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

I know nothing about this.

loljk glad to have Necro and Tusk on board :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭LadySkunk

Party party party

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f299a17fe2cda7d177b17de222e794883590b152642&rid=giphy.gif

Games this year:

Werewolf: SAW
    Werewolf: The Walking Dead 2
    Werewolf: A Star Wars Tale Absolute Chaos
    Super Fun Vanilla Game (During CoronaVirus Crisis)
    Dublin Bus Xpresso Game
    The Stand Werewolf
    Dublin Bus Xpresso Game Rerun
    The Witcher Werewolf
    MCU Werewolf
    BCU Werewolf
    Ocean's 11 Werewolf
    LOST Werewolf
    Supernatural Werewolf
    Rick & Morty Werewolf
    Die Hard Werewolf

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

Baggly wrote: »
    Games this year:

Werewolf: SAW
    Werewolf: The Walking Dead 2
    Werewolf: A Star Wars Tale
    Absolute Chaos
    Super Fun Vanilla Game (During CoronaVirus Crisis)
    Dublin Bus Xpresso Game
    The Stand Werewolf
    Dublin Bus Xpresso Game Rerun
    The Witcher Werewolf
    MCU Werewolf
    BCU Werewolf
    Ocean's 11 Werewolf
    LOST Werewolf
    Supernatural Werewolf
    Rick & Morty Werewolf
    Die Hard Werewolf

I'm actually so sad. Some of those are my favourite themes! and I didn't get to play them :(

• Advertisement

Hard to beat a Dublin Bus themed game alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,362 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Best sub ?

• Registered Users Posts: 86,701 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

What is this werewolf game you speak of? Are there awards for the rest of the forum not in your club? :D

ShaneU wrote: »
    What is this werewolf game you speak of? Are there awards for the rest of the forum not in your club? :D

6Kme.gif

• Advertisement

Anyone is free to organise more awards for the other games.

This is just the ones for werewolf.

Lifetime achievement award, I want a fecking award :P

A few of us tried to get one going last year, but RL got in the way.

Here's the thread: https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=111662804

Bump on nominating things for the Wolfies. We will look at doing the voting in the next couple of weeks and then the ceremony before the end o January.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSc5uqs8JDc0iswXKLUmboBTQhUlfqrbkkoziIulPxDQgQmZ-Q/viewform

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I'm gonna go through the games for this year and list out things I thought were great from each game so it might help people when voting.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

January 2020:

SAW Werewolf modded by beakerjoe - very innovative with roles and the tied lynch mechanic was excellent. Hello 2D Person Below's performance as 'Conor McGregor' was fantastic as well, stayed completely in character the whole time.

Walking Dead 2 modded by Necro, Clarabel, quickbeam and Stu Redman - We had the village leader role and also people could go to different locations daily outside the walls to get goodies/face possible death or walker turning.

FixXxer/Mary WW had an amazing yet tragic adventure which resulted in their demise - but not before being turned into a walker and trying to shoot someone... unfortunately their aim was a little off due to them being undead.

February 2020:

Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors modded by sKeith - A fun mini game with a crazy early doors vigilante claim from yours truly. Wolves somehow ignored this and the village went on (after an early fixXxer mislynch) to shoot one wolf in the morning and lynch the second that night for the win.

Aspie made her debut in a longer format game as Sawboss, the alpha wolf and kitten_k had a great game as the actual vigilante.

Star Wars 2 modded by Baggly, Drumpot and fixXxer - The rebel scum were eradicated by the Sith as the village picked up another win. Saw the cool intro of an anti-role claim mechanic that unfortunately saw Lord Sidious (Green&Red) meet his maker.

March 2020

Absolute Chaos modded by tusk, Clarabel and LadySkunk - so much chaos that to this day, nobody really knows who actually won! Necro and Baggly died (and were resurrected) so many times that the mods actually just killed us off in the end to stop it from happening :D

Super Vanilla Fun Game modded by Baggly: Baggly ran a vanilla game during the initial lockdown period that saw the wolves of sullivlo, MrsFlushdraw and Ted_YNWA take the victory.

The Stand Werewolf modded by Necro and Green&Red - More lockdown shenanigans saw another wolf win with Stu Redman being the sole survivor for his team.

The TrashCan Man ie: tusk made a massive impact however, killing off NINE players for the price of one bomb on the lynched party. Utter chaos and carnage and a fabulous play.

LadySkunk was also excellent here, correctly identifying Randall Flagg and shooting him dead in cold blood before outing Trashy who enjoyed having his lolcats on thread afterwards.

April 2020

Murder on the Xpresso Dublin Bus modded by Baggly - the initial game was cancelled but the second ended up in a wolf win for Whiplashy and Green&Red. Forum has been running since 2017 now and the village are still yet to win a one nighter game!!

The Witcher Werewolf modded by Stu Redman, sKeith and Persepoly - A village stomp here, lynching wolves consecutively after night 1. Necro did sub in after being munched night 0 to battle his way to a final lynch but was inevitably taken down by the victorious village who saw through the wagonomics tomfoolery he tried to demonstrate.

May 2020

MCU Werewolf modded by Baggly, tusk and LadySkunk - a split between Cosmic and Earth had varying degrees of success for the village, Cosmic were able to find 3 wolves on their thread however a fourth (Spook) evaded capture and when the threads combined, chaos reigned supreme as super powers and one shot kills took hold.
    A few unfortunate modkills happened for posting in the wrong accounts as some people struggled with having dual identities.

The infamous 'Snap' then wiped out half of the remaining players in one fell swoop - and the village somehow dragged their way over the line after a titanic battle.

June 2020

BCU Werewolf modded by Baggly, duffman13 and Triceratops Ballet - An intriguing topic bringing back some of Boardsies favourite roles and mechanics from previous games. The game devolved into a last day shootout between Emily (beakerjoe) and Holly (Necro) - Emily had the correct information but her doubts over others being the SK led to her being lynched and the wolves taking the win.

August 2020

Ocean's 11 Werewolf modded by Rikand - The Village won this intriguing game, after a hectic night 2 which left them in a hole they were unable to fight their way out of.

I might leave the game mods to comment on the plays here as I wasn't involved shockingly :D

September 2020

LOST Werewolf modded by Stu Redman, Necro and Barney92 - the numbers were the aim of the game here as the secret group of Others took centre stage. The wolves ran rampant early doors with Hurley (Drumpot and then fixXxer) taking control of the proceedings however the Village Others were able to rally and win the day.

October 2020

Supernatural Werewolf modded by Neowise, Necro, Clarabel and LadySkunk - a game with many twists and turns as the heroes were actually wolves and the village were evil creatures from the show. Sam, Dean and Castiel won out here after a titanic battle back and forth.

HalloWerewolf modded by tusk, Clarabel and JohnGreenFan - an intriguing mixture as groups of wolf teams battled for supremacy. Team Frankenstein ended up winning the day as nobody really had a clue what was going on the whole time :pac:

November 2020:

Rick and Morty Werewolf modded by Stu Redman, Baggly and Clarabel - a wolf win here which came down to the last munch with The New Vindicators killing off both the village and Evil Morty's Cabal. Winning wolf team comprised of beakerjoe, JohnGreenFan and Little Miss Fairy.

December 2020

Die Hard Werewolf modded by Rikand and Neowise - A topsy turvy battle this game was with some intriguing new innovations including the character claim mechanic. The FBI were taken out early doors and the village were (relatively) successful with early lynches as the terrorists were obliterated but Neutral Team 2 of the reporter won out after a tense final day.

That's the summary of the year's games.

Game mods feel free to go into bigger and greater detail on your own games, the whole point of the Awards is to celebrate the innovation in games, I'm not sure I can do that as effectively with games I wasn't involved in the creation of.

Fantastic summary!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

tusk wrote: »
    Fantastic summary!!!

I concur. Thank you for the kind words Necro.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,701 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I wished I had played more than 2 last year

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I wished I had played more than 2 last year

You can start righting that wrong by joining the Jan game

• Advertisement
Advertisement