Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New payee request, login here (click link) !!??

Options
  • 03-11-2020 1:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭

Hi, I just got a text from BOI, ie. same BOI number that I've got before for activation requests, etc. In it they say : a new payee request was created......you can cancel by visiting login-boi.com, ref:YDLD.
    I presume I shouldn't click on this link ?!?! :o 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Richard F

Hi Morrisseeee,

Thanks for sharing this with us today. This is indeed a fraudulent text message and we would recommend deleting this as soon as possible. We appreciate your caution and vigilance in spotting this. Rest assured we will never ask for your log in details by text. 

Thanks again and stay safe,
    Richard

• Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

Hi Morrisseeee,

Thanks for sharing this with us today. This is indeed a fraudulent text message and we would recommend deleting this as soon as possible. We appreciate your caution and vigilance in spotting this. Rest assured we will never ask for your log in details by text. 

Richard
    Thanks, I thought so, can BOI look into this, how these 'fake' texts are coming in on the official BOI stream ? 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi Morrisseeee,

Richard
    Thanks, I thought so, can BOI look into this, how these 'fake' texts are coming in on the official BOI stream ? 
    Hi Morrisseeee,

The reason these texts appear in threads with genuine BOI texts is the fraudsters just have to use sender ID "BOI" and the device assumes the message is coming from the same source so inserts it along with our messages. 

Thanks
    Tara

Advertisement