Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vuelta a España stage 13: Muros to Mirador de Ézaro (33.7km) ITT

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,175 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Paddigol wrote: »
    Yeah - Mas and Carapaz look like the wheels to follow. TJV and Ineos could end up cancelling each other out, but EF could be exposed if they have to work to bring back breaks. Should be an exciting few days. Having said that, now it'll probably be a TJV snoozefest train all the way to Madrid!

Ide take that over Ineos winning. I still haven't gotten over Rohan Pantani flying up those mountains

• Registered Users Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭at1withmyself

Roglics 4th stage win now out of 13, that's some going!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,663 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

breezy1985 wrote: »
    Ide take that over Ineos winning. I still haven't gotten over Rohan Pantani flying up those mountains

From time trialist to mountain goat

• Registered Users Posts: 7,695 ✭✭✭Chivito550

Looks like Dan is destined for 4th place. :( What are the chances of him taking back some time in next 3 days to make his task easier on Saturday?

Also, what are Sam's chances tomorrow? And Sam's chances on Thursday?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,784 ✭✭✭✭dahat

A stage win & 4th place is a great result for Dan & the team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,175 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Chivito550 wrote: »
    Looks like Dan is destined for 4th place. :( What are the chances of him taking back some time in next 3 days to make his task easier on Saturday?

Also, what are Sam's chances tomorrow? And Sam's chances on Thursday?

I would be wary of Vuelta profiles those cat 3s could be very tough or the roads can be alot bumpier than the profile suggests. So I would say if it looks on the limit for a sprinter it's probably over the limit in reality

• Registered Users Posts: 7,695 ✭✭✭Chivito550

dahat wrote: »
    A stage win & 4th place is a great result for Dan & the team.

Oh absolutely. Would just love to see an Irish rider on a podium at a Grand Tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,458 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Chivito550 wrote:
    Looks like Dan is destined for 4th place. What are the chances of him taking back some time in next 3 days to make his task easier on Saturday?
    Carthy lost time before, could happen again.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,305 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    From time trialist to mountain goat

To be fair to Dennis, he had a crack at GC in a grand tour before - think it was a giro for BMC? He has form in mountains from a few years ago. And as he said himself, tt'ing is all about the numbers, know your limits and keep the power for a period of time. No reason that cant be applied going up hills when there is noone to follow

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

retalivity wrote: »
    To be fair to Dennis, he had a crack at GC in a grand tour before - think it was a giro for BMC? He has form in mountains from a few years ago. And as he said himself, tt'ing is all about the numbers, know your limits and keep the power for a period of time. No reason that cant be applied going up hills when there is noone to follow

And Dennis lost minutes and minutes on one of his big stages. It’s easy to ride hard up a hill when you don’t care what happens on the next one

Same with Van Aert at the Tour ‘look, he’s climbing with the best of them’. Well he was, until it kicked off. Then he fell away

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,449 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Anyone completely surprised by Dennis hasn't really been paying attention the last few years - purely head rather than ability that he chose not to carry on going for GC. Also, I say again, it wasn't exactly a stellar field in the Giro - has beens and young riders - weakest GC field in the GT year. The dots don't join on this one for me.

Advertisement