Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Urgent* payment went through twice

Options
  • 03-11-2020 2:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

I tried sending €100 to somebody on behalf of somebody else but the payment went through twice, meaning €200 was debited. But the first time I didn't have to put in any confirmation details - that's why I did it again. Can I get this second payment of €100 cancelled asap?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,275 ✭✭✭km991148

Hammer89 wrote: »
    Hi there,

I tried sending €100 to somebody on behalf of somebody else but the payment went through twice, meaning €200 was debited. But the first time I didn't have to put in any confirmation details - that's why I did it again. Can I get this second payment of €100 cancelled asap?
    I think if you want ASAP you should get on the phone and not a forum.. your branch or the banking support,,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭Hammer89

It isn't my account so they won't deal with me but I have all the login details and stuff. 

• Registered Users Posts: 4,275 ✭✭✭km991148

It isn't my account so they won't deal with me but I have all the login details and stuff. 
    Then I don't think you will have much chance of success tbh.. sorry to say this!

If its an Irish account, the funds have probably already been received by now - can you ask the receiver to refund?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Richard F

Hi there,

Hi Hammer89,

Thanks for reaching out to us here today on Boards.ie.

We're sorry to hear this. In this case, we would recommend the account holder request a recall of this second payment. This can be done on 365online.com by selecting "Service Desk" and "Ask a Question". One of our colleagues will be happy to look into this further for you.

We hope this information helps.

Many thanks,
    Richard

Advertisement