If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vinyl player

Options
  • 03-11-2020 3:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi,

Looking for a system to get started on vinyl. Am thinking turntable, speakers and seperate amp but happy to take advice if you think there's a better option. It's just for listening as opposed to any amateur DJing!

Budget would be up to about 1,000e but happy to go lower if you've got recommendations/deals? 

Thanks for your help....

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

dap123 wrote: »
    Hi,

Looking for a system to get started on vinyl. Am thinking turntable, speakers and seperate amp but happy to take advice if you think there's a better option. It's just for listening as opposed to any amateur DJing!

Budget would be up to about 1,000e but happy to go lower if you've got recommendations/deals? 

Thanks for your help....
    Thanks for the post dap123!

Around that budget you can get a very good system for listening to vinyl!

To start with the amplifier I'm quite biased towards the Cambridge as I own one myself and am very impressed with the sound quality! I'd recommend the AXR85 which is a great amp at 85W per channel, Bluetooth built in and a phono stage!

https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-204231-cambridge-audio-axr85-lunar-grey-stereo-receiver.aspx

For the speakers I would recommend the new Monitor Audio Bronze 50! I demoed them for the first time last week and they blow the other mid range bookshelfs away for clarity and tone. They pair very well with Cambridge!

https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-204718-monitor-audio-bronze-50-black-speakers-per-pair.aspx

For the Turntable I think the Projects are great turntables especially the Project Debut Carbon which has a carbon tonearm, great platter and also the Ortofon 2M Red cartridge as standard so a great all rounder and former What HiFi award winner:

https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-11953-project-debut-carbon-black-black-turntable.aspx

Let me know what you think of these options!

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 5 dap123

Thanks David, 

Looks a good selection. Could you give me a bundled price for that set inc. delivery to Dublin?

Many thanks, 

David 

Thanks David, 

Looks a good selection. Could you give me a bundled price for that set inc. delivery to Dublin?

Many thanks, 

David 
    Hi David,

Thanks for getting back to me!

We can do that bundle for 973 euro! Would you need speaker cables as well?

Let me know what you think!

Kind regards

David

Thanks David, 

Many thanks, 

David 
    Hi David,

Kind regards

David
    That sounds good David, thanks. Presume I'll need a cable unless the speakers come with something?

Is there a number I can give you a bell on tomorrow to arrange payment/delivery? 

Thanks David, 

Many thanks, 

David 
    Hi David,

Kind regards

David
    That sounds good David, thanks. Presume I'll need a cable unless the speakers come with something?

Is there a number I can give you a bell on tomorrow to arrange payment/delivery? 
    Hi Dap123.

You would require some speaker cable as the manufacturer does not include any with the speakers.

Something like the  QED Micro would suit the Bronze 50 speakers. Priced at 2.99 Euro
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-11552-qed-performance-micro-speaker-cable-per-metre.aspx

If you let me know how many meters you require and I can see what deal I can offer on the cable.

Kenny.

• Advertisement

Thanks David, 

Many thanks, 

David 
    Hi David,

Kind regards

David

Hi Dap123.

You would require some speaker cable as the manufacturer does not include any with the speakers.

Something like the  QED Micro would suit the Bronze 50 speakers. Priced at 2.99 Euro

If you let me know how many meters you require and I can see what deal I can offer on the cable.

Kenny.
    Thanks Kenny - 3m should be plenty

David 

Thanks David, 

Many thanks, 

David 
    Hi David,

Kind regards

David

Hi Dap123.

Kenny.
    Thanks Kenny - 3m should be plenty

David 
    Hey David.

It would just be an extra 6 Euro for the 3 meters of cable making the total 979 Euro delivered.

If you want to drop us a PM with your contact number we can give you a call at at time that suits to finalise the order :

Kenny.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.