Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Helen McEntee wants to reinstate the Magdalene Laundries.... lol, *facepalm*

Options
  • 03-11-2020 3:42pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭

Confirmed by thejournal.ie
    Aug 11th 2020

AN ACCOMMODATION UNIT for women living in Direct Provision who have suffered sexual exploitation is to be set up, the Department of Justice & Equality has confirmed to TheJournal.ie.

The dedicated unit will be located in the East of the country and will be run by DePaul and Ruhama, an Irish charity offering support to women affected by commercial sexual exploitation.

For the uninitiated, Helen McEntee is the current Irish Minister for Justice.

So in response to her proposal as per the title, first of all, allow me to say,

:pac: :pac: :pac:

Mmmmkay?

Now that we've adequately derided this ludicrous modernization of pre-historic incompetence, let's have a look at how this issue transpired in times gone by.

If you're not familiar with the Magdalene Laundries, I've compiled a highlight vid, for your viewing pleasure,

Some further articles of interest in relation to said institution,

"Promiscuous women tortured by "Sisters of Mercy" (no hypocrisy there)"

"Sisterhood of nuns responsible for mass burial of more than 800 babies and children, whom they promised to protect"

"Murder of more than 1600 "fallen" women at hands of "Sisters of Mercy" (no hypocrisy there)"

This list goes on and on.

It's like Irelands own historically suppressed holocaust.

Well, it's a shame to report that, that very same organization - is up to their ol' tricks again.

Sweet Helen in all her wisdom, wishes to instate direct provision (emergency shelter - much criticized for humanitarian injustices) for sex workers and victims of human trafficking (i.e. "fallen women").

But if that wasn't enough, she wishes to grant authority of these centers to that very same institution, the "Sisters of Mercy" (aka the "torture nuns"), who additionally go under their contemporary alias, "Ruhama".

I think the point is, if past performance is a good indicator of future results, it'd be disconcerting if this wasn't cause for concern.

A journalist and advocate for distinction between sex-work VS human-trafficking, that goes by the name Emma-Jane Dempsey, has organized a petition to intervene in this modern day hapless incompetence currently being exhibited by the Irish Department of Justice and their zealous leader, Ms McEntee.

I'll take the liberty of speaking on her behalf when I say, "your input, by way of your signature on said petition, would be appreciated".

Link to petition to be submitted to Ms McEntee and Department of Justice:

J1NqjUO.png?1

Reason for signing (excerpt):
    "Ruhama are a rebranded Magdalene nuns, putting human traffickers in charge of victims of human trafficking is so far beyond obscene the people doing this can only be called evil".

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement