Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Helen McEntee wants to reinstate the Magdalene Laundries.... lol, *facepalm*

2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭bo0li5eumx12kp

baldbear wrote: »
    Fair play to Helen McEntee helping vulnerable women.

Maybe her hearts in the right place?

But putting human traffic victims under the care of human traffickers is a faux pas in my book.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

banie01 wrote: »
    You clearly aren't familiar with LG's hobby then ;)

Well I wasnt but I am now!!!
    Look after yourself LG, I will get you something for the guy who has everything for Christmas.....penicillin.

The only person who cares about that law are the men buying sex. You arent one of them sad saps, are you?

Pffff, homie, cuz, broseph, dude......

Let me tell you something.

All men buy it.

It's only the currency that varies.

Pffff, homie, cuz, broseph, dude......

Let me tell you something.

All men buy it.

It's only the currency that varies.

(*Shudders*)

You clearly aren't familiar with LG's hobby then ;)

What's my horse in this race?

Hypocrisy.

See, I guess maybe I'm an oddity like that.

All my life, I never had issue with victimization, never with abuse, never with bullies even.

But those hypocrites - we've gone to battle many times.

It's hypocrisy that oppresses a valuable societal trade like sex work, no other reason.

But I recognize the value of this trade in that, when it gains traction, it in itself will be the one to turn the tables and oppress hypocrisy.

I supply them weapons, because their enemies are my enemies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,911 ✭✭✭✭banie01

What's my horse in this race?

I supply them weapons, because their enemies are my enemies.

I think you may be riding the horse, whilst wrapped in tinfoil!
    Those poor girls need a white knight don't they buddy? Instead they get you.

Riding in to save them, to lift their profession and their vocation out of the control of others.
    Not just to decriminalise sex work, but to wrap society's caring arms around those who partake in their services.

Perhaps we should go down the Dutch route? Even going so far as to provide a state allowance to ensure some disabled or otherwise single folk get their hole once in a while?

Pity it's you trying to push this agenda.
    A red Piller, who has some fairly rampant misogyny issues as it blows any actual credibility away from your thesis.

Your primary concern isn't the safety and welfare of sex workers.
    It's access and price control.

Forgive me if I feel that you are more than a little full of shít and that your hyperbole around this issue is in poor taste.

As for your earlier everyone pays for it, it's just the currency that differs comment?
    If you truly believe that all relationships can be reduced to transactions?
    You are going to have a fairly lonely existence, and it's one I probably wouldn't wish upon even an enemy.

As for your earlier everyone pays for it, it's just the currency that differs comment?
    If you truly believe that all relationships can be reduced to transactions?
    You are going to have a fairly lonely existence, and it's one I probably wouldn't wish upon even an enemy.

lol - I guess we're different like that.

But no the overarching issue to address was the hypocrisy of a state funded organisation that's continuing to be endorsed under the watchful eye of hard working, well meaning, but slightly naive minister for justice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,347 ✭✭✭✭endacl

lol - I guess we're different like that.

But no the overarching issue to address was the hypocrisy of a state funded organisation that's continuing to be endorsed under the watchful eye of hard working, well meaning, but slightly naive minister for justice.
    Not in character any more? Will you be posting like a grownup from now on? Fair play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭hurikane

Read a couple of posts, couldn’t make sense of anything. Checked who is the OP, it all makes sense now.

It's hypocrisy that oppresses a valuable societal trade like sex work, no other reason.

But I recognize the value of this trade in that, when it gains traction, it in itself will be the one to turn the tables and oppress hypocrisy.

Well you got me surrounded there General Cluster. There was me thinking poor trafficked women were being traded and drugged by pimps when really they were being empowered and doing valuable societal trades. Guess you can tell your sons that Plumbing and Electrical work is being displaced by the worlds oldest profession.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,124 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Will they be doing good deals? Will there be a flat rate per item or will it be on weight or volume?

How about whites vs. coloureds?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,055 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

Something something something sex trade :rolleyes:

Closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement