Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Targeting the elderly and vulnerable is a despicable thing to do

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭John Frank Wilson

Despicable crime, despicable pair, despicable sentence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Us settled folk really need to embrace and take on their culture and get it more into society.... Most of us would be much better off.... Paying no tax and driving really nice motors and actually having the cash to go out the weekend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭.anon.

And what have Pavee Point said about this case? Let me guess... absolutely nothing. Why am I not surprised?

Another scumbag here.

https://www.rte.ie/news/munster/2020/1106/1176429-sentence-deceiving-elderly/

"Bradut Iosca perfected his craft over a seven-year period and gained confidence over time, earning a living for himself by preying on the compassion, good nature and vulnerability of his victims," Sgt Murphy said.

"He was unapologetic for his behaviour and unsympathetic to the grief and hardship his actions caused to both victims."

The cops had 2 victims but I'd say likely he had more.

Over 300,000 euros, supposedly gone like a fart in the wind.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭John Frank Wilson

.anon. wrote: »
    And what have Pavee Point said about this case? Let me guess... absolutely nothing. Why am I not surprised?
    What have Pavee Point got to do with this case? Do they generally provide comment on criminal cases? Am I missing something?

I'm not seeing that connection either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,706 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

Pkiernan wrote: »
    In the US theyd be charged with the crime of Elder Abuse and would have gotten 10 years plus.

Irelands just too far left to punish criminals.

If we were so left they'd surely be sent to the gulag.

🙈🙉🙊

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,308 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

They're extremely quick to jump to the defence of a mottc when they have been the victim, but never comment on when a mottc is the criminal. Ie: They only shout when they think they have a point.

To many, this is the perfect time for Pavee Point to come out and admonish this kind of activity taking place within one of the groups they represent, but they never do. That's the main issue. It's like they don't want to disagree with the criminals point of view/way of life, but are extremely quick to jump on the bandwagon when it works out for them.

Same is happening with the gubbermint now, instead of ensuring Varadkar is fired and properly prosecuted like nearly everyone else would if they leaked confidential documents, they're defending him. Same can be said of any group/company that only voices their opinions when it's a positive story for them.

Pkiernan wrote: »
    In the US theyd be charged with the crime of Elder Abuse and would have gotten 10 years plus.

Irelands just too far left to punish criminals.

Indeed, the US, with the largest prison population in the world.

They're doing quite a stellar job.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,766 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

What really gets me about the Romanian criminal is the following:

"During all this time, over a period of seven years, Iosca was being paid social welfare allowance, disability payments, rent allowance, child allowance and travel allowance, generating a further family income of €650 per week.

Sergeant Murphy told Iosca's sentencing hearing at the Circuit Criminal Court in Cork that both victims met him while he was begging on the streets."

I like our EU membership, so I accept EU migration.

I am currently half working / half browsing, at nearly 1am.

But it kills me to pay tens of thousands in tax to give this lad 650 per week welfare.

I will bet that he's not actually disabled.

My solution would be more social insurance, less social assistance.

What have Pavee Point got to do with this case? Do they generally provide comment on criminal cases? Am I missing something?

They play down such events and class them as people above us settled folk and we should embrace their culture and we shouldn't question anything they do....

Geuze wrote: »
    What really gets me about the Romanian criminal is the following:

"During all this time, over a period of seven years, Iosca was being paid social welfare allowance, disability payments, rent allowance, child allowance and travel allowance, generating a further family income of €650 per week.

Sergeant Murphy told Iosca's sentencing hearing at the Circuit Criminal Court in Cork that both victims met him while he was begging on the streets."

I like our EU membership, so I accept EU migration.

I am currently half working / half browsing, at nearly 1am.

But it kills me to pay tens of thousands in tax to give this lad 650 per week welfare.

I will bet that he's not actually disabled.

My solution would be more social insurance, less social assistance.

That ain't the half of it....

Most now have free bus travel, pension and free housing with many extras

This is the Roma by the way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

F**kers.

The same stupid heads on them and the arm up trying to avoid a camera, much as the last big stupid boll0x who came around my place and adopted that pose when he caught sight of camera warning stickers on the jeep.
    But it was the 3 other real cameras he missed and a number of novel interactions awaited him if he wrongfooted himself. But no, he was just selling sh1te and knowing someone who'd buy every item in my yard.
    Scientific question:- do eyes still record if the recording device gets a 'power cut'?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,517 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Pre Covid if you walked through Moore Street or O'Connell street you could see gangmasters organising gangs of beggers, handing them the latest 'please give me cash god bless you, I have a difference posters' for idiot Irish to give money to, this happened every single day, I'm no covert journalist but this was in open view with Gardai passing every single day and nobody gave a flying fook.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭sasta le

Wonder will Dr SindyJoyce condemn this on Twitter or will Paver Point and Martin Collins condemn it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

Indeed, the US, with the largest prison population in the world.

They're doing quite a stellar job.

Can we leave diets and fat-shaming out of it please? Unless we're talking about the 2 roundy O'Driscoll sh1tes (on a stick)...

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Dognapper

A Ring doorbell or equivalent is a great investment. sod everyone knocking at my door that I don't know these days, they can feck right off.

Great for deliveries too.

So sorry for that woman, but she appears sound as a pound, The intimidation and bullying they can put these folk through is awful. And worse still if you live rurally, you'd never know when they or members of their cohort might come back. That is bloody awful really isn't it.

I wonder if all the goods supplied were stolen? If so, I hope the owners got them back.

Good result.

Bought a ring doorbell last year , came home one day to a hole in my door and no doorbell , I don’t even live in a bad area

How the hell are they given a special ethnic status?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,517 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

sasta le wrote: »

Primarily because the people in this country didn't vote for it.

I'd love to see who voted it in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,412 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

I'd love to see who voted it in

A bunch of spineless w4nkers who should never have been given any political power because they prefer giving into the demands of the sjw league instead of looking after the well-being of their people.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Jequ0n wrote: »
    A bunch of spineless w4nkers who should never have been given any political power because they prefer giving into the demands of the sjw league instead of looking after the well-being of their people.

Mod:

Seeing as we are drifting into the same territory as usual with this thread I think it has run it's course.

Thread Closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement