Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Signed up for gym class under misled pretenses

Options
  • 03-11-2020 6:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭

Writing on behalf of my sister here.

So, yesterday, she received an email from a bootcamp training course that she took part in last year. The email advertised 2 month free membership until the new year. As usual with these things, my sister didn't think too much of it and just clicked on the offer, reasoning that she could decide later on whether she would do the course or not. In retrospect, who the hell is gonna give 2 months of their time for free, but it's not beyond the realms of possibility that in an effort induce demand in this covid economy, the business was offering a very sweet deal. Alas, this was not the case and my sister has inadvertently signed up for 24 weeks, which will come to €440. Does she have any opt out so that she doesn't have to pay the €100 cancellation fee which she has come across in the T&C's.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭Deagol

If she signed up over the internet I think the distance selling rules come into play. She can cancel within 14 days, but other posters might correct me on that. I'd have a look at Citizens advise site for clarification.

Advertisement