Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend me a printer: B&W Laser / Ethernet / Feeder (Scanner)

Options
  • 03-11-2020 7:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,
    As above, I probably only print 20 pages a month and scan even less, so looking for a basic printer with the following:

B&W Laser
    Scanner Feeder (for multiple pages)
    Ethernet

That's it really.... it's all text and print-per-minute is not an issue.

Looking for something where toner won't cost the earth, if possible. Happy to spend a few extra € on a reliable brand.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

I bought a Brother DCP1610W from Argos a year or so ago, it is an AIO and has a big print cartridge that lasts for a lot of pages I think its 1000+
    It scans in colour but only prints in B+W and is WiFi linked as well.
    I would highly recommend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Thanks. Didn't spot any of that model on argos.ie but they do have a Brother MFC-L2710DW

Only other option I forgot to mention is I print envelopes... I'll check if the Brother I quoted above can print envelopes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,866 ✭✭✭ozmo

I bought a similar Brother printer - only got about 400 pages before it said was out of toner- there is a button combination you do and it resets the counter...

Printed now about another 2500 pages since!
    Never changed ink - just had take out and shake them once - Odd - but not complaining!

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

ozmo wrote: »
    I bought a similar Brother printer - only got about 400 pages before it said was out of toner- there is a button combination you do and it resets the counter...

Printed now about another 2500 pages since!
    Never changed ink - just had take out and shake them once - Odd - but not complaining!

Got the model no?

I'm reading reviews about Brothers not liking aftermarket toner, albeit a small number of negative reviews.

I have customers with basic home-office Brothers and never heard them complain, to be fair.

I do NOT need WiFi, which seems to bring the price down.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

JohnCleary wrote: »
    Got the model no?

I'm reading reviews about Brothers not liking aftermarket toner, albeit a small number of negative reviews.

I have customers with basic home-office Brothers and never heard them complain, to be fair.

I do NOT need WiFi, which seems to bring the price down.
    I used aftermarket toner from 123ink and no problem at all.

• Advertisement
Advertisement