Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Our fair capital...

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭smellyoldboot

The young victim died. RIP.

Literal axe murder live.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,039 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

The young victim died. RIP.

Literal axe murder live.

The Journal is saying he’s in a ‘serious but stable condition’.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

Far left policies reaping success again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,741 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Who throws a bike in a hatchet fight?

All eyes on Kursk. Slava Ukraini.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,530 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Has IS claimed responsibility?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Not surprised. Some parts of it are absolute ****holes and their are little scrote knackers with nothing else to do roaming in packs in their Canada Goose jackets generally just being a nuisance to the rest of us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Man with broke phone

Should just dig a deep pit and line it in lead and start sending lads like these down there. Put under floor heating in the lead and toss them down enough food to subsist till they die of something. Give them a little roof and a drain that runs into a pump that takes the ground water out.

Humane but serious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

I dont really like the whole blaming the capital effort.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Has IS claimed responsibility?

The Idiots Society?

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Jizique

Your Face wrote: »

200m from Silicon Docks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭Valresnick

I wouldn’t worry to much about this. Our stern justice system will deal with them and it’s very unlikely to happen again.

Would a few playgrounds help? Or a community centre? Could put a big red ribbon on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Pkiernan wrote: »

What in the name of Jaysus are you on about?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

What in the name of Jaysus are you on about?

He brings left wing politics vs right wing politics into every thread. Best ignored.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Fabulous stuff. Just sit back and wait for it all to be brushed under the carpet or someone to get a handy sentence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,457 ✭✭✭✭Kylta

When did it say he died. I heard he was in hospital

Kylta wrote: »

I read it in a few comments but yeah unconfirmed as yet. Anyway Fcuk him even if he is. The same lad that ended up with the axe in the head can be seen stabbing and slashing another guy a few seconds earlier. A whole bucket full of scum.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Faridaweeda

He’s not dead and he’s out of hospital

Fabulous stuff. Just sit back and wait for it all to be brushed under the carpet or someone to get a handy sentence.

What's the point in putting these lads in jail the legal profession says.

Repeat offenders + free legal aid. Cha chingggggg.

He’s not dead and he’s out of hospital

Shame.

• Advertisement

Your Face wrote: »

Im from dublin and the thing is its not the first time somebody's got a smack of a hatchet, or somebodys got knifed or assaulted, or murdered. I personally think dublin is a safe city. That hatchet affair was two gangs fighting one another, the don't interfere generally in anybody elses business so I say let them at it. All capital cities have crime, why should dublin be any different, besides this kind of thing isn't only a dublin thing. It happens in cork, limerick galway etc.

Im from dublin and the thing is its not the first time somebody's got a smack of a hatchet, or somebodys got knifed or assaulted, or murdered. I personally think dublin is a safe city. That hatchet affair was two gangs fighting one another, the don't interfere generally in anybody elses business so I say let them at it. All capital cities have crime, why should dublin be any different, besides this kind of thing isn't only a dublin thing. It happens in cork, limerick galway etc.

Go way with that apologist nonsense will you. 2 gangs fighting interfere with no one's business you say.

What about Martin Ó Rourke, Anthony Campbell and other innocents. Good people get caught up in this ****.

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    Go way with that apologist nonsense will you.

What would I be apologising for. Its a fact of life. Or maybe your one of those people would go around with your nose stuck up your hole, thinking these things don't happen, if so you want to get in touch with reality. Are maybe you just want something to moan about it. Actually I think I feel more sorry for you than the guy who got the smack of the axe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,545 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

What has a bunch of knuckle draggers attacking each other got to do with policies.

It's nothing to with the government or the city.

It's idiots and people with problems.

These people are everywhere. Naturally Dublin being the largest population area in the country then you're going to have more of them there.

But blaming stuff like this on left polices is ridiculous. USA has mostly right wing policies. Is crime less there?

WHat happened in Cork last week was more shocking to me. Is that Cork's fault?

If them lads are to be arrested, it was for not adhering to social distancing

Go way with that apologist nonsense will you. 2 gangs fighting interfere with no one's business you say.

What about Martin Ó Rourke, Anthony Campbell and other innocents. Good people get caught up in this ****.

Two totally different senarios. .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭.anon.

Holy mother of sweet divine fuck, that is right up there with the weirdest and stupidest things I've ever seen posted on this site. And considering After Hours is home to a >6000-post thread about bowel-evacuation, that's quite the achievement.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭TRANQUILLO

Jizique wrote: »
    200m from Silicon Docks

This came into my head also but im not sure how to articulate what I thought about it.

Its just sad juxtaposed against the backdrop of being so close to google and PWC etc.

The docklands was no go area back in the day but it seems that the wealth that has been pumped into the area hasn't permeated down to the locals either either materially or in "class". Funny to think that apartments in that area go for 500,000 to a million quid at times. imagine having that as your neighbours.

Im also cognisant of the fact that after business hours there are gangs of mobile phone thieves on bikes harassing people in the sheriff street/spencer dock area.

Its also where the deliveroo drivers hit and run killers resided.

Grim

What would I be apologising for. Its a fact of life. Or maybe your one of those people would go around with your nose stuck up your hole, thinking these things don't happen, if so you want to get in touch with reality. Are maybe you just want something to moan about it. Actually I think I feel more sorry for you than the guy who got the smack of the axe.

You've a distorted view. I know full well what happens having apartment broken into by two of these dregs and phone robbed out of my hand. I live and work in Dublin City centre. I see it with my own eyes. Your idea of what is normal should in reality not be normal. When are these ****s going to at least try get a decent job so they wouldn't have to make crime pay.

Hordes of wasteful summers clogging up big parts of the city. But I suppose its a fact of life eh so we should just tolerate a lad getting an axe to the head.

Sure it's grand as long as he's out of hospital.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

Even if any of them died there would be no need to call in the brain transplant team

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭dd973

What was the point of the Republic if we're having this on the streets?

These Dublin Underclass **** are pure Brits, parts of the city may as well be Salford or some skank part of Liverpool like Wavertree or Kensington. I've always regarded them as barely Irish despite their exaggerated accents and chauvinism about 'bein' a Dub'.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭TRANQUILLO

You've a distorted view. I know full well what happens having apartment broken into by two of these dregs and phone robbed out of my hand. I live and work in Dublin City centre. I see it with my own eyes. Your idea of what is normal should in reality not be normal. When are these ****s going to at least try get a decent job so they wouldn't have to make crime pay.

Hordes of wasteful summers clogging up big parts of the city. But I suppose its a fact of life eh so we should just tolerate a lad getting an axe to the head.

Sure it's grand as long as he's out of hospital.

i was sent a WhatsApp about 6 months ago of two lads fighting on the luas in broad daylight near jervis street. One had a knife and the other chap danced up and down on his head about 7 times. Broad daylight . Women and children screaming.

Its just unacceptable.

TRANQUILLO wrote: »
    i was sent a WhatsApp about 6 months ago of two lads fighting on the luas in broad daylight near jervis street. One had a knife and the other chap danced up and down on his head about 7 times. Broad daylight . Women and children screaming.

Its just unacceptable.

I'm not surprised. Seen a fella get stabbed in the hand at the 123 bus stop on O'Connell Street back in early evening mid week in March.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

Leave em at it, might make house prices come down.

Maybe we could fund social housing with a running man type ppv every year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,789 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Who throws a bike in a hatchet fight?

it's a chopper, baby

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

Not enough Gardaí presence on the streets, no deterrent and lenient sentencing.

This craic will therefore continue to go on.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭COVID

dd973 wrote: »

These Dublin Underclass **** are pure Brits, parts of the city may as well be Salford or some skank part of Liverpool like Wavertree or Kensington. I've always regarded them as barely Irish despite their exaggerated accents and chauvinism about 'bein' a Dub'.

Yeah, real Irish people never fight, only Dublin people, who are almost 'Brits' anyway. Makes sense alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭COVID

JupiterKid wrote: »
    Up late watching the USA election coverage on the BBC. Unprecendented 100 million Americans voted early, by post. Turnout believed to be very high.

Great stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭dd973

COVID wrote: »
    Yeah, real Irish people never fight, only Dublin people, who are almost 'Brits' anyway. Makes sense alright.

Presumably you're sticking up for Dubs, a certain type of Dub ranks highly among the nastiest pieces of work I've ever encountered, I actually like the city itself and it's geographical setting, shame about such a large amount of it's denizens. Utter ****. All mouth for the most part as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

That is some really mad take. They're just scrote bags.

• Advertisement

Presumably you're sticking up for Dubs, a certain type of Dub ranks highly among the nastiest pieces of work I've ever encountered, I actually like the city itself and it's geographical setting, shame about such a large amount of it's denizens. Utter ****. All mouth for the most part as well.

Except for, you know, the old hatchet in the head part.

i work five mins walk away from this spot

agree with kylta. very very rare to even feel like youd be bothered by the likes of these gutter dwellers, you quickly learn just to ignore them.

Heard it was all over the sale of a dog. And the poor woofer got stabbed in one of the knackbags house. These dogs are seen as nothing but accessories and status symbols. It's disgraceful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

The inner city should be a dole free zone.

That'll stop all of the violent crime there.

Move the work shy down to ghost estates, and gentrify the capital.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭pgj2015

There are scumbags in every city, town, village and townland in Ireland. are they all Brits?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,262 ✭✭✭Elessar

Could you imagine the screams of the shinners?

No, instead these "vulnerable" citizens will get accelerated free housing, increased dole payments and related supports. The mere mention of personal responsibility is far too offensive. Its society who needs to to bear responsibility for their choices.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,702 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

What'll stop this or at least reduce it is a judicial system with a backbone that hands out severe prison terms for acts of absolute brutality. Until then these things will do as they please with little fear of legal consequence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Was the bike hurt?

Was the bike hurt?

Truly a vicious cycle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,949 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Far left policies implemented by successive right wing governments?

It’s almost like you just make stuff up.

• Advertisement
Advertisement