Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

graduate program interview, waiting for results

• 03-11-2020 8:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi,

My girlfriend had an interview for PWC's graduate program on Monday and hasn't heard back. She's read online that if she doesn't get an answer within 48 hours that means she will be rejected, would anyone have any experience regarding this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 responder XX

Unfortunatly that's not a good sign. PwC run all interviews on the same day and the top candidates will get an offer within a few hours of interview with all canditates selected on the day and called that evening.

It's not impossible that not enough canditates will accept offers, so they might come back and offer again if that happens (which is why rejections take a while) so there is some hope, but it is unlikely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19 LaQuica

As mentioned by the previous poster, I had three Big 4 offers within two hours of the interviews, with one offered on the spot. They know they are all competing for the same talent so they tend to try and move as quickly as possible to get you onboard.

I know colleges and others hype up the Big 4 a lot, but you can have a perfectly successful career without them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 jerod29

Thanks for the answers,
    Not what I would want to hear but it's good to know. I know it's not the end of the world but she will have a bit of a grieving period to go through.

Any tips I can give her to find success outside the big 4? Apply for trainee programs in smaller firms I guess?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19 LaQuica

jerod29 wrote: »
    Thanks for the answers,
    Not what I would want to hear but it's good to know. I know it's not the end of the world but she will have a bit of a grieving period to go through.

Any tips I can give her to find success outside the big 4? Apply for trainee programs in smaller firms I guess?

Try firms like Grant Thornton, BDO, Mazars, etc. All big firms with an international presence.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 responder XX

Agree with the other poster, some good firms there. Other option would be to keep an eye on the websites of big 4 firms as they may re-open for graduate applications early next year or in the summer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭DavidAdam

Second tier firms like Grant Thornton, BDO, Mazars are great to train with. You get a wider range of experience and are given more responsibility earlier. Less of a small cog in big wheel with them.

Advertisement