Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Axe attack

Options
  • 03-11-2020 8:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭

Anyone see the attack around Pearse street today. Looks like knives, axes and hammers.

Crazy stuff.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,220 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Yeah having spent enough time around there, there seems to be a lot of ne'er do wells in the area. Sheriff St Vs Pearse St is a decades old rivalry. Sticking hatchets in people's heads though is a new low.
    It's anger and frustration passed down from generations of poverty and abuse and god knows what. Even though they're very well looked after nowadays, there's clearly a lot of lingering issues. It would take hands on full on social services in those areas and very close monitoring of parents and kids. That's never going to happen though, so things like this will just continue to happen, and before you know it you're 80 years old reading the same crap in the paper...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

I thought the rivalry was mostly between the teenagers and then dissipated as they grew up.

Hatchet to the head is some serious stuff.

The place is under going gentrification for the past 20 years. The flats tho seem to be a strong hold for the old days.

Nabber wrote: »
    I thought the rivalry was mostly between the teenagers and then dissipated as they grew up.

Hatchet to the head is some serious stuff.

The place is under going gentrification for the past 20 years. The flats tho seem to be a strong hold for the old days.

Yeah but they look like teenagers in the videos. It's gentrified to a certain extent, but there are even more of these kinds of people living in the docklands/pearse/sheriff st area. Now that the purposely built social housing is full, the people growing up there are now given housing in the new fancy builds that most people would pay a king's ransom for. So they ain't going anywhere no matter how many oat milk flat whites they're selling in the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭6541

The force is strong in them chaps...

It's anger and frustration passed down from generations of poverty and abuse and god knows what.

the poor crátúrs huh

throw more money at the people who make parts of the inner city the kips they are

from the man who mocks and scoffs the idea that rural ireland should have roads.

some outlook on the world, that

• Advertisement

the poor crátúrs huh

throw more money at the people who make parts of the inner city the kips they are

from the man who mocks and scoffs the idea that rural ireland should have roads.

some outlook on the world, that

wtf are you on about?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

It's anger and frustration passed down from generations of poverty and abuse and god knows what. ..

No its not its just scum being scum, plenty of people in those areas who dont go around burying axes in other people or throwing bikes at others.

neris wrote: »
    No its not its just scum being scum, plenty of people in those areas who dont go around burying axes in other people or throwing bikes at others.

Yeah but I think you'll find anyone with that much anger in them have usually inherited it from somewhere else.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Yeah but I think you'll find anyone with that much anger in them have usually inherited it from somewhere else.

Or never been challenged when they displayed that sort of behaviour.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭kravmaga

The 2 videos of the incident are doing the rounds on social media.

Its all over Whats App.

No sign of Garda turning up to the incident either

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭rockatansky

kravmaga wrote: »

Its all over Whats App.

This isn't Minority Report, the incident looked about 2 minutes from start to finish. Do you expect them to appear out of the sky?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭GT89

Cultural enrichment, perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭kravmaga

This isn't Minority Report, the incident looked about 2 minutes from start to finish. Do you expect them to appear out of the sky?

Pearse Street station is only a few mins away.

To quote you "Do you expect them to appear out of the sky?" Are you high?:rolleyes:

I do expect a quick response when an axe has just been imbedded into someone skull. Have you even seen the video of the incident?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,035 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Pearse Street station is only a few mins away.

To quote you "Do you expect them to appear out of the sky?" Are you high?:rolleyes:

I do expect a quick response when an axe has just been imbedded into someone skull. Have you even seen the video of the incident?

I saw two video's of the same incident from different angles and then shortly after there was another video showing the massive Garda presence and raids taking place in houses/flats in the area looking for the culprits and the weapons. After that there was more video's naming the victims and why it happened.

You can't blame the Gardai for not responding quickly enough, fact is these days people will whip out their phones not to call the Gardai but to record the incident.

It's a sad state of affairs, got another video today showing one of the lads head injuries after it being stapled.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭jim salter

I saw two video's of the same incident from different angles and then shortly after there was another video showing the massive Garda presence and raids taking place in houses/flats in the area looking for the culprits and the weapons. After that there was more video's naming the victims and why it happened.

You can't blame the Gardai for not responding quickly enough, fact is these days people will whip out their phones not to call the Gardai but to record the incident.

It's a sad state of affairs, got another video today showing one of the lads head injuries after it being stapled.

any links to the Garda raid videos?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Foweva Awone

A balanced impartial report on the incident from one of my friends of Facebook...

"Looking for your man with the hatchet leave him alone he ****ing deserved it what about (victim's name) running down the road STABBING THREE PEOPLE yeah thats right ill name you you dirty scumbag. You do know theres one fighting for theres lives over you. Your lucky that hatchet didnt ****ing kill YOU. Who do you think you are thinking you can stab people have you no knuckles all weapons were dropped bar yours you where called out for a one on one knock and u still stood there waving your knife you dirty dirty dirty lowlife coward."

jim salter wrote: »
    any links to the Garda raid videos?

I got it sent through WhatsApp, sorry dude but I'm not sharing my number with anyone on here.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Stihl waters

Is he dead

Is he dead

The lad I saw video of is very much alive showing his head wound to I presume his buddie's phone camera, he has a handy gash on the top of his head with about 7 or 8 big staples in it.

Fairly sore I'd say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

Is he dead

Fracture skull apparently, not sure exactly where these guys are buying their axes, but if it were me I’d be looking for a refund.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

Its all over Whats App.

I work a couple of streets away. While I didn’t see them, I heard loads of sirens going past around 2 yesterday.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

What caused the incident? I heard something about smashed windows and was wondering if this was a reason to head to a fight with an axe.

They still never got anyone for killing that Brazilian deliveroo rider a few months ago either, no doubt of the same local ilk as these scumbags.

There was no axe involved, there was at least one hatchet, maybe two. At least one big knife and a bicycle was also thrown at a lad. I more shocked that the bike wasn't locked to the pole more than anything else to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Dublin City councillors and elected TDs so ****ing useless that this type of carry on has continued through the decades. Don't criticise "the salt of the earth" it seems.

And it seems to be actually getting worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭dd973

I've always wondered about the consequence free charmed lives many of these scroates seem to lead, as many convictions as you like, shout and roar in wild abandon without a hint of self consciousness or embarrassment, harass and intimidate a foreign student, a Deliveroo driver or Mr or Mrs Middle Ireland on their way home from work for a bit of sport.

The ones deeply into organised crime, the Robbie Lawlor types. are just the tip of the iceberg and are in the nick or busy with drug crime and debt collecting most of the time.

One of the female wans was on Joe Duffy a few months back bemoaning her housing situation for about 20 minutes, then finished off with 'Joe,..as well, Oim 'aving a baybeee'.

Yeah? With who, where's Alpha Dude Daddio and who the f**k's paying for it all?

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Stihl waters

Safe to say he'd be no loss to the great and good of Ireland if had been axed into the next life

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Joe Don Dante

A balanced impartial report on the incident from one of my friends of Facebook...

"Looking for your man with the hatchet leave him alone he ****ing deserved it what about (victim's name) running down the road STABBING THREE PEOPLE yeah thats right ill name you you dirty scumbag. You do know theres one fighting for theres lives over you. Your lucky that hatchet didnt ****ing kill YOU. Who do you think you are thinking you can stab people have you no knuckles all weapons were dropped bar yours you where called out for a one on one knock and u still stood there waving your knife you dirty dirty dirty lowlife coward."

you need new friends mate

• Registered Users Posts: 25,410 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    Dublin City councillors and elected TDs so ****ing useless that this type of carry on has continued through the decades. Don't criticise "the salt of the earth" it seems.

And it seems to be actually getting worse.

They’ll be all mouthy about the lack of facilities and opportunities, pandering to that demographic... you’ll hear fuçk all criticism or condemnation regarding the attack as it might be a vote looser in that community.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭imme

Strumms wrote: »
    They’ll be all mouthy about the lack of facilities and opportunities, pandering to that demographic... you’ll hear fuçk all criticism or condemnation regarding the attack as it might be a vote looser in that community.

Do axe attackers vote, or their parents.

There has been a large and visible Garda presence in the area over the last few days, static and mobile patrols.

Shocking waste of resources.

Advertisement