Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

archery bow for hunting?.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭Bogwoppit

bassy wrote: »
    boy god i would surprise you so,never used a bow before.

did a paint ball target years ago and never done it before i hit 95 percent of the targets the fella said unusual,i said what is he said your right handed and left eye dominant thats unusual enough he said.also he asked had i shot before i said never my first time at this crack i don,t think he believed me.

You’d be a horse of a lad if you could sh1te walking without dirtying your heels.

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭feelpablo

Thought you needed 100fps

• Registered Users Posts: 8,088 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

did a paint ball target years ago and never done it before i hit 95 percent of the targets the fella said unusual,i said what is he said your right handed and left eye dominant thats unusual enough he said.also he asked had i shot before i said never my first time at this crack i don,t think he believed me.

There's a big difference between being able to pull the trigger on a paint ball gun and shooting with a recurve bow.

An infant child could pull the trigger on a paint ball gun, what age are you?

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,311 ✭✭✭✭endacl

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,569 ✭✭✭bassy

ill split the arrow aka the robin hood shot :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,569 ✭✭✭bassy

if your a right handed person and you pick up a catapult what hand do you hold the catapult with?.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Rosahane

Theres a really nice Hoyt bow up in Hilltop that the owner used before he hurt his shoulder. Its 90 - 110 lbs though so might be a bit too powerful for you.

You could give them a ring if your interested!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭extremetaz

A 36lb bow is not a starter kit, you'd want to be stronger than average to draw back the bow string. To hold it steady enough to aim at and hit any target consistently at a reasonable range takes a lot of practice and strength.

Absolutely correct - I shot 50m olympic through my teen years with a 38lb bow. No way that's where you want to start.

25lb or less, build up your technique, consistency and release; then progress.
    If you've never fired an arrow before there's a better chance that you will win the lotto than hit a barn door from 100 yards with a 50lb recurve bow.

I'd even go so far as to say Euromillions - not a chance of getting within 10m of the same PoI as a first timer on that bow at that range.
    whats the difference between recurve and compund bow,the compound bow has more power ye and is for a experienced archer?.no?.

Compound has more power yes, but you can start on them and in some ways they're easier to shoot than recurve.
    robin hood type bow

As mentioned -> English longbow - now those are a true art form to use well!
    Of the three, definitely the hardest to anything at range with. Far greater draw strength required than either of the others at any given range.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Rosahane

ill split the arrow aka the robin hood shot :D

Here is a nice English longbow like Robin Hood might have used:

https://www.thelongbowshop.com/collections/english-longbows/products/english-warbow-custom

Its a nice beginner version at 100 - 120 lbs - probably what teenagers would have used before they got their full adult muscles for the full weight military bow of 150-190 lbs!

Actually this one is better value and recommended (youtube archers etc https://youtu.be/bUXm_LgZsSc?t=81 )

for £170

15 to 70 lbs adjustable and draw length also very adjustable

so a child could use it all the way up to a hunter

https://www.pellpax.co.uk/archery/compound-bows/complete-compound-bows/ek-archery-assassin-compound-bow/17452

LEVtWEo.png

• Advertisement

same model, even though he quotes slightly different specs on draw weight

adjustable with just an allen key

• Registered Users Posts: 8,088 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

This is the set I have up for sale in the archery forum on here, everything needed to compete is included and has had very little use.....

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭extremetaz

This is the set I have up for sale in the archery forum on here, everything needed to compete is included and has had very little use.....

Very good looking starter rig right there.

Advertisement