Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, And the winner is.......... (pt 4) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,502 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Time to take the focus away from Florida CNN, so many more important races to focus on. It doesn't all hinge on Florida. Trump's pathway to a win so still narrow so lets have some perspective.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,761 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Biden putting in a big effort in Texas so far.

I guess calling servicemen suckers and losers doesn't play well in Texas.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,190 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

If it starts off with Florida win for Trump again it'll be exactly like 2016 , that's when people started to believe Trump could win

BBC say they’re on the cusp of calling Florida for trump

• Registered Users Posts: 5,249 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Bookies believe it is a 50/50 considering up to now Biden was favourite is interesting, obviously trump not 50/50 but hedging

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

Poor auld Wolf hasn't recovered since Trump roasted him

He'd be lucky to get out of the CNN studios alive these days. :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭Piehead

Bookies believe it is a 50/50 considering up to now Biden was favourite is interesting, obviously trump not 50/50 but hedging

Trump is teaching everyone a very good lesson.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,078 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

Bookies have ohio hugely in favour of trump

1.4 vs 2.75

• Registered Users Posts: 10,234 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

If you have the Guardian app installed, go to the yellow menu in the bottom right and then click on the three dots on the bottom left. Select settings and then notifications. Scroll down a bit you can get update notifications on the election from there.

Seems they're using the same api as a few other places so it seems up to date. * not a political analyst.

Problem is is seems to be based on projections, not actual results?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

florida is done 4pc win for trump

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

Oh man, Trump now 11/10 according to bookmakers, Biden 4/5. Almost equal chances.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Trump further ahead in Florida now than in 2016 and all thats left to count is the red pan-handle.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,502 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

florida is done 4pc win for trump

89% reporting so it will be called soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,472 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I'm waiting to hear about the SC Senate Race.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Qiaonasen

Ohio swinging to Trump now.

I'm surprised CNN haven't called Florida for Trump yet. I suspect they realise it'll have a big impact on the narrative of the night from here on in. All the same, time to switch the focus to the real battleground states.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Trump likely to take Florida and therefore likely to win the night. Trump is very popular in America.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,510 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Trump likely to take Florida and therefore likely to win the night. Trump is very popular in America.

Ah now,

the night is only beginning.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,327 ✭✭✭Cody montana

No.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

People getting excited about Trump doing having a marginal lead in Florida. This is exactly in line with the polling. Biden has been competitive in Florida, but wasn't really expected to win. The same with Georgia, NC, and even Arizona. Trump has yet to compete in the battleground States that he really needs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭MoonUnit75

Look at Ohio, early indicators from Kansas, very bad news for Trump.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭Piehead

He’s a great president and deserves 4 more years.

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭rosser44

Yeah, physcologically it's huge.

13 of the last 14 elections, the winner has taken Florida. So it's a huge shot in the arm, to take it. Sends a big message out early doors!

You might have missed my post, i'd give 100 euro to your charity of choice if trump wins the popular vote, you wanna tae the bet?

I'll give you odds, your 10 to my 100

• Registered Users Posts: 16,574 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Trump likely to take Florida and therefore likely to win the night.

Not sure this follows...

• Registered Users Posts: 38,554 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Florida went from looking good for Biden with 83% counted to looking bad with 89% counted. Still impossible to call.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭cave_dweller

I'm surprised CNN haven't called Florida for Trump yet. I suspect they realise it'll have a big impact on the narrative of the night from here on in.

Ya, a little strange they've stayed with Florida to this point and not moved to Georgia and Ohio as the main race for the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,705 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring2

89% reporting so it will be called soon.

Trump has Florida, he got that vote he needed. Ohio, the one to watch now.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Looks like the pattern of two term presidents continue. The Democrats are the favourites for the next election.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Poor auld Wolf hasn't recovered since Trump roasted him

Brilliant. Despise the man but that was a good one. Well played Donald.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,336 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Hurrache wrote: »
    Problem is is seems to be based on projections, not actual results?

Yeah same here which I've been watching.

https://www.theage.com.au/world/north-america/us-election-2020-results-20201102-p56ars.html

States like Virginia showing current figures way in favor or Trump, yet they have decided its a Biden win.

Same in other states the other way around. Biden ahead in votes, but the state marked red and EC votes tallied for Trump.

I don't want to know guesstimates, I want the facts.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 54 ✭✭Black Hawk Down

Oh man, Trump now 11/10 according to bookmakers, Biden 4/5. Almost equal chances.

I wonder how many people we've got out there, who still believe in the pollsters? lol

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement