Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, And the winner is.......... (pt 4) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

Thanks i don't drink.

Mail in voter fraud now trending on Twitter. The democrats have screwed up bigly.

Fake info trending, no way. Social media is a scourge.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

That Michigan vote thing looks dodgy as ****. Twitter is blocking anyone sharing the original but it keeps getting replicated. There needs to be an explanation by somebody within the state.
    A warning doesn't stop people looking at it. Twitter have a catch all on anything that is not an actual result but he may be right based on where the remaining votes are from.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Snickers Man

DrumSteve wrote: »
    If Joe gets elected I would put good money on him not making the 2 year mark.

If your reasoning behind that is because he's an old geezer then ponder this factoid. The last ex US president to die before reaching the age of 90 was Richard Nixon, who was in office 50 years ago. Every president since then either lived into his 90s (Ford, Reagan, Bush senior) or is still alive and well (Clinton, Bush junior, Obama) or both (Carter, born 1926).

If you're a big important person in America you have a stunningly long life expectancy. Unlike the rest of the population, mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,016 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

That is fair.

Though a shortened season due to Covid should have been the Pandora's box on the road sans provincials.

Its the kick in balls vs punch in the jaw choice, the Donald being the kick in the balls.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

The Supreme court is going to eat Biden alive for breakfast. They haven't even attempted to hide how obvious this is.

How obvious it is that they're counting votes in an election?

Who knew counting votes over time would change the vote totals?

You're onto something!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,981 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Thanks i don't drink.

Mail in voter fraud now trending on Twitter. The democrats have screwed up bigly.

Ah twitter, the only evidence you need!

I love Trump too, but man, stop believing his lies, just be a fan of his eyes. Beautiful man that he is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭AlphaDelta1

is everyone overlooking the US will have its first female vice president? I havent seen it mentioned anywhere

Pence got a sex change?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

is everyone overlooking the US will have its first female vice president? I havent seen it mentioned anywhere

yeah and black, the identity politics crowd will be pulling the guts out of themselves about this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

quokula wrote: »
    Most of what the American media sometimes portrays as communism is fairly mainstream FFG policy here (or across most governments of Europe)

She wouldn't be out of place in FF. Apart from the accent. Extreme parties like PBP are a million miles away from the left wing of the Democrats.

No il have to disagree with you there. She would make a good trip with Boyd Barrett and Paul Murphy.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,224 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

threeball wrote: »
    Its going to be a fun night in the states. Probably all kick off round 8pm. A night for sitting in with your feet up lest you meet some nutjob with an AR-15 in a bad mood.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭Curious_Case

That Michigan vote thing looks dodgy as ****. Twitter is blocking anyone sharing the original but it keeps getting replicated. There needs to be an explanation by somebody within the state.

A TV pundit predicted a Michigan swing towards Biden in the latter stages, due to a strong Democrat area not yet having been included.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

I've missed this, what's happening? Link?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭RWCNT

Thanks i don't drink.

Oh no, Twitter!?

The cope and salt are absolutely marvellous, keep it coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Qiaonasen

I am quite impartial to who wins but Sky saying although Biden in the lead still too close to call.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Thanks i don't drink.

Maybe you should?

I can't believe the latest conspiracy from MAGA-peeps is trending in their preferred public platform..

You know how trending works, right? Or is your understanding of trending as coherent as your your understanding of how votes are counted?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

If your reasoning behind that is because he's an old geezer then ponder this factoid. The last ex US president to die before reaching the age of 90 was Richard Nixon, who was in office 50 years ago. Every president since then either lived into his 90s (Ford, Reagan, Bush senior) or is still alive and well (Clinton, Bush junior, Obama) or both (Carter, born 1926).

If you're a big important person in America you have a stunningly long life expectancy. Unlike the rest of the population, mind.

Oh I fully expect him to be alive; I just reckon he might step down for health reasons, he'll be 80 thereabouts at that stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,198 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Any truth to the rumours that areas voting mostly Biden are the ones with the most 5G masts?

Seems suspicious!

quokula wrote: »
    Most of what the American media sometimes portrays as communism is fairly mainstream FFG policy here (or across most governments of Europe)

She wouldn't be out of place in FF. Apart from the accent. Extreme parties like PBP are a million miles away from the left wing of the Democrats.

They are student union style populists in the guise of being left wing. Easy to moan and and promise the earth if you know you will never be in power.

Water charges are proportional taxation which is supported widely by the left all over Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,089 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

house now 189-183 to blue. 218 for control

senate 47 - 47, with 51 needed

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

A Michigan Dem party head called it for Biden and Twitter slapped a warning on it as it's not a result.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,224 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Twitter and those pesky dems up to their usual shenanigans..

Screenshot-20201104-152430.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 20,090 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

El-9X8SX0AIao5c?format=jpg&name=small

The geek in me would just like to pass on some tips to the rank amateur photoshopper.

1) Reduce the contrast of the font so it's in keeping with the rest of the scene.

2) Read up on perspective so that you don't paste in text that is at a different angle to the top and bottom edges of the boxes.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

https://twitter.com/MattMackowiak/status/1323992377380450309?s=19

It will probably be blocked soon, if not already

• Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭RWCNT

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Any truth to the rumours that areas voting mostly Biden are the ones with the most 5G masts?

Seems suspicious!

Come to think of it, has anyone seen Biden's birth certificate!?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭Ashbourne hoop

Pence got a sex change?

Don't derail an excellent thread with this nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,231 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

threeball wrote: »
    Its going to be a fun night in the states. Probably all kick off round 8pm. A night for sitting in with your feet up lest you meet some nutjob with an AR-15 in a bad mood.

There will be no violence from Trump supporters, that's the difference ..

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

It's actually mind boggling how delusional some people can be.

There are two conflicting feelings I have on the topic of some extreme republican views.

One is sympathy because part of the reason people turn to such desperate people (brexit very much comparable) is because they feel their voices are not being listened to. There are examples in history when desperate people have turned to certain charismatic leaders to who promised them alot and ended up causing alot more damage then the people voting for them could of imagined. This is a massive failing on the democrat side of things. They were told in 2016 that they just arent listening and it seems they are being told the exact same thing now.

Then there is a confliction feeling that I find it very difficult to respect and discuss specifics when many extreme republican ideas are based on zero evidence, just rhetoric and innuendo. Its almost like some see Trump as the bully they want to see beat up the other kid to teach him a lesson and the dont care what trump does to dish out that beating. But when the other kid actually fights back they cry foul and start making up all sorts of lies as opposed to engaging in some self reflection.

It is really hard to not call many people stupid, I am being honest here , not trying to intentionally insult people. Some peoples views are so badly deluded its either they are not very intelligent or they just dont care the damage Trump is doing. When they refuse to actually objectively discuss things as they are (not as their unfounded conspiracy's would have them believe) it leads to bigger divides and even greater polarization.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭partyguinness

Please stop jumping on a Biden win. I just can't bear another defeat:-

- Trump 2016
    - Brexit 2016
    - Boris Johnson led Government (I live in England)

I stood on O'Connell Street Easter Sunday 2016 and the world seemed a beautiful innocent place.

I just can't take anymore. It's the hope that kills you.

Twitter and those pesky dems up to their usual shenanigans..

Screenshot-20201104-152430.jpg

Source? Guarantee it's some right wing group/Russian bot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

States where Trump won easily voting for $15 min-wage and legalising weed. A weird combination of voting for that Turnip and ostensibly liberal policies.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement