Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, And the winner is.......... (pt 4) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Well I am glad that's over.

I do hope that Biden is a good president. I have my doubts but I can hope. Let's hope the media continues to put the office of the president under as much scrutiny as they have for the last 4 years.

Lets not fool ourselves. Biden is not an exceptional candidate.

He will however listen to experts in his administration, rebuild relationships and attempt to unite the country.

It will be 4 years of healing the damage of the last 4 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

RWCNT wrote: »
    Come to think of it, has anyone seen Biden's birth certificate!?
    Born in China as Xao Bi-Den

• Registered Users Posts: 16,735 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

The link came from twitter not gab and everyone is allowed, they don't sensor much, it's not some far right terrorist platform facebook would have you believe.

They literally just updated the counts of each candidate independently a few minutes apart.

But, dumb conspiracy theory activate!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,226 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

yeah and black, the identity politics crowd will be pulling the guts out of themselves about this.

If Biden croaks or is mentally incapacitated (seems likely) in the next 4 years, the US will have it's first female president :pac:

• Advertisement

In the western world, the media have constantly been labelling people right wing lunatics that support Trump, Brexit and now even anti lockdown people.

The polls are never accurate because people are afraid of been labelled right wing lunatics, extremists etc.

But the actual votes show a lot more support on such issues.

Perhaps it’s time for some real analysis on why such splits exist instead of just throwing labels around.

For the record, I am not a fan of Trump or Brexit. But we need to acknowledge that approx 50% of the population are.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭bennyineire

When can we expect some updates on numbers from Georgia, N Carolina and Penn ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

It might be Trump. It might be Biden. But this is getting very entertaining haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭Tchaikovsky

TomSweeney wrote: »
    another silver lining !!!

Watch the zero violence and rioting by Trump supporters!!

Stand back and stand bdown!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,089 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

Padre_Pio wrote: »
    If Biden croaks or is mentally incapacitated (seems likely) in the next 4 years, the US will have it's first female president :pac:

unelected though. takes some of the shine off

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭threeball

TomSweeney wrote: »
    There will be no violence from Trump supporters, that's the difference ..

Thats funny because they are the ones normally carrying the AR15's, I suppose shooting dead two protestors doesn't count as violence once you square it away with the cops though, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭partyguinness

Trump didn't just shoot that statement out about fraud earlier for nothing

Well yeah...that is exactly what he has done. It's called trying to dictate the narrative or the 'throw enough mud and some might stick approach' or 'muddying the water'...or perhaps the last sting of a dying wasp.

All from a President that used the mail-in vote himself. You couldn't make it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

In the western world, the media have constantly been labelling people right wing lunatics that support Trump, Brexit and now even anti lockdown people.

The polls are never accurate because people are afraid of been labelled right wing lunatics, extremists etc.

Perhaps it’s time for some real analysis on why such splits exist instead of just throwing labels around.

For the record, I am not a fan of Trump or Brexit. But we need to acknowledge that approx 50% of the population are.

Good post. Probably reached the peak of humanity in the West post WW2 and now we are reverting to our arsehole, selfish, stupid ways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭AlphaDelta1

• Registered Users Posts: 5,226 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

unelected though. takes some of the shine off

Doesn't matter.

Johnson and Ford were both POTUS.

Ford got both VPOTUS and POTUS jobs after his predecessors resigned.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭crossman47

Yeap this is the one iv'e seen also. No smoke without fire.

Trump didn't just shoot that statement out about fraud earlier for nothing. If they have evidence then Biden is in big trouble.

He didn't do it for nothing. He wants to undermine a Biden presidency and convince his followers its fraud. They're foolish enough to believe it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

I would agree with this. Democrats have once again failed miserably to try to reach out to the disenfranchised. It is not accurate or fair to label all people voting for Trump as one thing.

Whoever wins this election, it feels like USA will be even more divided which is a sad state of affairs and doesnt bode well.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,090 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    We have tweets!!!

Any of them not lies?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    Lets not fool ourselves. Biden is not an exceptional candidate.

He will however listen to experts in his administration, rebuild relationships and attempt to unite the country.

It will be 4 years of healing the damage of the last 4 years.

He'll have to unite his party first. There are large sections of Congress that got elected from poor areas on an Anti-Trump basis. They will suddenly have to get in line to defend the president and tell their constituents that he's doing a great job and your life is getting better.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,089 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

Good post. Probably reached the peak of humanity in the West post WW2 and now we are reverting to our arsehole, selfish, stupid ways.

is it not the opposite. trying to include everyone equally? seems the opposite of selfish but who knows how that plays out in the real world

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,971 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Can’t relax until it’s called. But signs are good for Biden. Don’t want to put a hex on it though either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭RWCNT

Yeap this is the one iv'e seen also. No smoke without fire.

"No smoke without fire" - not really a phrase you want to bandy around in any conversation related to Trump tbh.

20+ sexual assault accusations, tax evasion, Russian collusion, obstruction of justice, perjury, racism, mishandling of the pandemic, Trump University fraud, emoluments....no smoke without fire right :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭AlphaDelta1

It might be Trump. It might be Biden. But this is getting very entertaining haha.

A lot taking it very seriously :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

https://mobile.twitter.com/johnkruzel/status/1324004554485211136

27% of Florida's mail in ballots "went missing"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Cina

Trump: "Don't mail in vote, turn up in person!"

Also Trump "WTF how them mail in votes be so skewed towards Dems?!?"

• Registered Users Posts: 19,664 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

road_high wrote: »
    From an Irish political and economic POV I'm glad Biden looks set to win really as the much vaunted UK-USA Trade deal could massively undermine our interests and likely soften a few coughs in England re walking away from the EU with no trade deal- makes one much more likely now which is good for us. My 2 cents....

Have been slagging off mates in England that they better hope for Biden win or else they'll be eating chlorinated chicken for Sunday dinner :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭GDK_11

There was someone on CNN not so long ago basically saying this, if Biden wins it’s not about chest pumping and celebrating but acknowledging that the country is almost equally split and looking to fix that.

I would consider myself a centrist but it feels like there is no place for that anymore, you have to pick a side and go as far left/right as you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

A person I worked with said something very interesting a few weeks ago... Doesn't matter what the topic or belief is you will always have have a 50/50 split (or there abouts)

Corona exists. Corona doesn't exist.
    You should wear a mask. You shouldn't wear a mask.
    Trump should win. Biden should win.
    Yes to abortion. No to abortion.
    God exists. It's all lies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,682 ✭✭✭uptherebels

It like he doesn't understand basic math and has conveniently forgot the reason for the gop attempts to disrupt USPS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,774 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

So when Biden gets in what will he do differently with Covid
    Also who will he go to war with first ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement