Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, And the winner is.......... (pt 4) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Maybe the democrats were just making up the stories about the big bad racist Trump voting monsters, surely you were smart enough to realise Trump probably wasnt a racist and Joe probably didnt touch kids.

Surely.

Mod

Dont post in this thread again.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Don't forget the military and overseas votes aren't in yet, as far as I know!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

RobitTV wrote: »
    The latest plot twist comes from Arizona, which had reportedly counted 95%+ of its votes. NYT notes that "due to an error in an Edison Research data feed of results ... the actual estimate is that 86% of the vote has been counted."

This gives some credence to the Trump camp's argument in a call with reporters that it expects to pull ahead in Arizona, because most of the outstanding vote is in Trump-friendly territory.

Plagiarism

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

This is what I've been wondering about. I saw a flurry of articles earlier calling Arizona for Biden but looking at the county breakdown of what's still out there to come in, it looks very much undecided.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭sondagefaux

Ekerot wrote: »
    Is Nevada likely to turn Red now?
    Biden only has an 8000 lead, and there's still a good chunk of votes to go from what I'm reading

Most of the votes still to be counted are postal votes, which are likely to favour Biden.

Keep an eye on this twitter account for updates:

https://mobile.twitter.com/RalstonReports

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,647 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

py2006 wrote: »

Not sure on that , but that would be comparatively small numbers spread across the whole country so probably aren't going to move the needle all that much for anyone in the remaining States.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

Maybe the democrats were just making up the stories about the big bad racist Trump voting monsters, surely you were smart enough to realise Trump probably wasnt a racist and Joe probably didnt touch kids.

Surely.

I don't know what goes on in Trump's head but he certainly inflames racial tensions rather than the reverse and, at the very least, he wholeheartedly enjoys the support of 'interesting' voters and endorsements from outright racists.

Having said that Trump is absolutely correct when he asks 'what have you been doing for the last 45 years, Joe?' when they discuss the US's problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,887 ✭✭✭✭Penn

py2006 wrote: »

Do we have expected or estimated numbers on how many of those votes are expected, and therefore if they'd have an effect on the result if one candidate were already ahead by more

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    Not sure on that , but that would be comparatively small numbers spread across the whole country so probably aren't going to move the needle all that much for anyone in the remaining States.

Yea they will be small numbers but I expect the majority to be Biden after what Trump said about the military members who died in action and I think Americans living abroad will get a very different view on Trump and America.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,503 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

This is what I've been wondering about. I saw a flurry of articles earlier calling Arizona for Biden but looking at the county breakdown of what's still out there to come in, it looks very much undecided.

Yeah Fox called it based on the incorrect numbers assuming that the gap couldn't be closed.

A lot of people on here saying Arizona is still a done deal for Biden regardless. I wouldn't be so sure. Plenty of strong Trump counties to report yet. I think its fair to say its still in play, for now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭sondagefaux

Or perhaps we should wait until all the votes are counted before saying the polls were way off...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,226 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

Penn wrote: »
    Do we have expected or estimated numbers on how many of those votes are expected, and therefore if they'd have an effect on the result if one candidate were already ahead by more

614,553 ballots returned in 2016
    No idea how reliable this source is.
    https://republicansoverseas.com/summary-overseas-americans-voters-2016/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,069 ✭✭✭blowitupref

Screenshot-20201104-163055-2.png

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

#BREAKING: #Wisconsin Elections Commission Administrator Meagan Wolfe:

"All of the ballots have been counted."

Joe Biden is ahead 20,697 votes

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Some 17 point lead!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭km991148

quokula wrote: »
    It's been quite a strategy from Trump. Consistently try to undermine confidence in postal voting and tell his voters not to use it, while Democrats will use it in mass due to not being covid deniers by and large, and due to reduction in number of polling places in democratic areas.

Its his strategy for a lot of things.. destabilise/discredit the media (but of course not when they support him), same with "Big Tech" - no apparently they are censoring..

Spread blame and attack the other guy/system/thing.. anything at all to detract from his own lack of substance.

Classic narcissism... now tho we get to be entertained by the break down - lets hope the lasting damage is contained as much as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,313 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Trump won Wisconsin by almost the same margin in 2016 - 22,748.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,089 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

km991148 wrote: »
    Its his strategy for a lot of things.. destabilise/discredit the media (but of course not when they support him), same with "Big Tech" - no apparently they are censoring..

Spread blame and attack the other guy/system/thing.. anything at all to detract from his own lack of substance.

Classic narcissism... now tho we get to be entertained by the break down - lets hope the lasting damage is contained as much as possible.

big tech was censoring, there's no getting around that.

was it the new york post they censored?

• Subscribers Posts: 41,656 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

way too high to whinge for a recount !!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

is_that_so wrote: »

still 1.04 on pp! if i had the balls and the money i'd lump on there

• Registered Users Posts: 20,774 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

WOW Biden Wisconsin 1630,334 to 1609,586 ………………………...but .....................wait Wisconsin has 3129,000 registered voters and that makes 3239,920 votes ,

More votes than voters how ?

Seems Donald may have been on to something ,

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭km991148

big tech was censoring, there's no getting around that.

was it the new york post they censored?

nonsense.

If anything, "Big tech" (assuming fb, twitter, youtube) has encouraged a lot of BS - do you think they make their money by blocking content?

People need to learn how these companies and markets actually operate before passing comment.

WOW Biden Wisconsin 1630,334 to 1609,586 ………………………...but .....................wait Wisconsin has 3129,000 registered voters and that makes 3239,920 votes ,

if true, thats 110,920 extra votes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

sydthebeat wrote: »
    way too high to whinge for a recount !!!

If the result is within 1% then a recount can be called.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,313 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

More nonsense. There's 3.7m registered voters in Wisconsin. https://www.dailycardinal.com/article/2020/11/wisconsin-poised-to-experience-record-turnout-in-2020-presidential-election

• Registered Users Posts: 3,231 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

Another worrying thing is , from now on whoever big tech wants to win - they'll win, and since they are always democrats, I guess thats democrats from now on ... is there even a point of having another party at this stage ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,782 ✭✭✭I see sheep

Separate thread for conspiracy nonsense please?

• Advertisement

km991148 wrote: »
    nonsense.

If anything, "Big tech" (assuming fb, twitter, youtube) has encouraged a lot of BS - do you think they make their money by blocking content?

People need to learn how these companies and markets actually operate before passing comment.

why were they called to the senate?

they blocked a post by the NYP, stop people sharing it. even blocked NYP from tweeting.

they have since reversed that decision.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement