Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, And the winner is.......... (pt 4) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,089 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

for the trump supporters (I am one) remember at one point jadon sancho was 1.03 to go to utd and look how that turned out. there's still hope :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,769 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

namloc1980 wrote: »
    The gap in PA has closed by c.200k in the last few hours. Biden going to take PA too??

Biden team really confident about Pa.

I think it's a bit too steep but they won't need it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭accensi0n

accensi0n wrote: »
    Trumps lead in PA improved 2% on theage.co.au map, 9 to 11. Is that accurate?

They must have messed something up, back down to 8 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭reforger

@KFaulders
    From working phones - Multiple sources close to President Trump believe they have at least one clear but complicated path to re- election. Sources say Trump would need to hold Pennsylvania, Georgia and pull off a win in Arizona but admit it is tough.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,313 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

accensi0n wrote: »
    Trumps lead in PA improved 2% on theage.co.au map, 9 to 11. Is that accurate?

Just checked and it's 8.5 - it was 11.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

JupiterKid wrote: »
    Was watching the coverage on BBC news last night and had to turn of the TV and head to bed at 2am as I had work in the morning. Could have stayed glued to the telly for ages otherwise...

So is it still too early to say the way Wisconsin, Arizona, Nevada, Pennsylvania and Michigan are going to go? Will the postal votes make a difference?

Can Joe Biden begin to feel that he’s going to win, or is it still all to play for?

I think he's pretty confident.

MI and WI are called or close to. Nevada and Arizona almost certainly. Pennsylvania a bit more opaque but not strictly necessary at that point anyway.

reforger wrote: »
    @KFaulders
    From working phones - Multiple sources close to President Trump believe they have at least one clear but complicated path to re- election. Sources say Trump would need to hold Pennsylvania, Georgia and pull off a win in Arizona but admit it is tough.

He's as likely to lose all 3 to be honest - either way Arizona looks beyond Trump at this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

steddyeddy wrote: »
    How much do Trump voters actually operate on spite? I met several who don't have strong opinions on his "policies" but like the idea of making those on the "left" cry.

I know some of these people and to be honest I don't blame them. The "left" (I hesitate to use that term because in my view authoritarianism really has no place in modern leftist politics) have spent the last ten years describing anyone with socially conservative views as stupid, subhuman, worthless pieces of sh!t. I've been saying this for years, but the alt-right did not come into existence in a vacuum, they are the inevitable equal and opposite reaction to the identity politics left attempting to close the Overton Window to exclude legitimate conservative beliefs from mainstream acceptance.

My ex girlfriend is one of them, actually. She has extremely solid conservative views particularly on abortion (she regards herself as a survivor of same because she is certain her mother would have had one had it been legal in Ireland at the time) and when I met her ten years ago, that was her only die hard conservative belief. She is now a fully fledged far right activist for one reason and one reason only: She has been socially ostracised, humiliated and shunned by her family and social circle for being outspokenly anti-repeal over the course of the 2010s. She is extremely bitter and angry that, as she sees it (and as a leftist unfortunately I'm inclined to agree) the right is currently capable of separating the political from the personal, but the left refuses to do so.

The reason she's eager to "own the libs" is because so many of those 'libs' have become insufferably arrogant, holier than thou and condescending towards anyone who disagrees with them. And anyone with any kind of confident personality reacts to being bullied by doubling down. The more people tell her her beliefs are "wrong" and "unacceptable", the more extreme she becomes in them.

I could write a whole feckin' essay on this to be honest. I find it truly sad how anyone with right wing beliefs is treated by today's society. This woman is a good person, a good mother, a good friend, a committed activist, and literally all she gets from a lot of people in her life is abuse. She will try to talk about neutral things - movies, music, the social scene, the feckin' weather - and from what I can tell most people, one of her sisters in particular, will always find a way to swing every single conversation around to an attack on her conservative ideology. She can't get through a feckin' dinner without someone having a go at her about it. And when the left held such an immense balance of societal power in the earlier half of the 2010s, the gloating, condescending rubbing of her face into it was truly repulsive.

By and large, it isn't the right wing who will look down on an entire human being for their political beliefs if they otherwise like them and get along. But many on the extremist identity "left" are willing to cut people out of their lives for "wrongthink".

So to answer your question, yes, many conservatives are fuelled by spite. And that is an inevitable equal and opposition to the spite they faced from liberals earlier this decade. And that's coming from a die hard far left liberal myself, as anyone who recognises my username will know - I actually spent most of the Repeal referendum imploring my fellow Repeal advocates to campaign in a positive way instead of guilt bombing, bullying or attacking undecided and pro-life leaning voters.

Nothing creates extremists faster than telling them that they must change their political beliefs or be punished for it. Nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Funkfield

steddyeddy wrote: »
    How much do Trump voters actually operate on spite? I met several who don't have strong opinions on his "policies" but like the idea of making those on the "left" cry.

This is the reason I'll be salt mining all over twitter if Biden wins. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,981 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Bad day ?

Me? No.
    You? Well, did you look in the mirror yet? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,226 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

Funkfield wrote: »
    This is the reason I'll be salt mining all over twitter if Biden wins. :pac:

Why do you even bother?

Obama being the highest, followed by Biden in this election.

I can understand the huge turnout for Biden, all the Trump haters came out. What puzzles many is the huge turnout for Trump. His base could only account for a fraction of his vote.

If the numbers were close it was inevitable that either side would either shout 'vote suppression' or 'vote fraud'.

Can you point to a previous presidential election that was close where fraud was claimed by the loser? Suppression is an established fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

The last 50,000 votes ive seen roll into Pennsylvania on the CNN website have been split roughly 75/25 to Biden. If that keeps up he might just do it.

Where are all the Trump supporters gone from the thread?

They were so busy for months and now disappeared?

Trymp hasn't even lost yet, still a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

From CNN
    "The Trump campaign is desperately fundraising the day after the election for resources to wage legal battles against election results."

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭JazzyJ

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Just checked and it's 8.5 - it was 11.

mOar fRAud!!!!!!!!!

is_that_so wrote: »
    From CNN
    "The Trump campaign is desperately fundraising the day after the election for resources to wage legal battles against election results."

Waste of money. There's no judge going to rule in favour of disenfranchising voters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

There would be something mildly amusing if Pennsylvania turned out to be irrelevant after all the attention it's been getting.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,774 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Giblet wrote: »
    Me? No.
    You? Well, did you look in the mirror yet? :D

No its been great day , very exciting stuff to watch form a far

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Yeah I get the impression that thejournal.ie commenters and some on this site just love Trump because they see him as a slap in the face to people who might talk about what they perceive to be weak leftist things like environmental issues. I was even called a "liberal" by one of these types recently because I cycle a bike to work, this is what you're up against.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

Paths to victory. (Source: The Guardian)

Biden:
    531760.png
    Drumpf:
    531759.png

From CNN

Can't see many willing to support Trump now let alone donate millions of dollars.

1/7 for Biden now!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭quokula

If Biden does ultimately win all those states, the final result won't actually be very different from the polls in the end will it? The consensus of the polls were that Florida was a toss up, not that Biden would win. They all had Biden winning the rust belt states as his path to victory, which is looking like what will happen.

Will be interesting to see where the popular vote ends up too.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,971 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Was listening to LBC there and they are very cautious. Then the pot on the cooker boiled over, so I had to jump up and rescue the dinner and missed a bit of it. Don't know what to think now.

A bit nervous and cautious would be me alright. But all and any reassurance welcome....

From CNN

The requests for money seen more like grifting than for any legit legal cases.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

• Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

This whole mail vote fraud rubbish might be the most embarrassing and brazen disregard for democracy yet from trump and his sad little lick arses. And thats really saying something after the last 4 years. It is laughably stupid and even more and more republicans leaning voices are calling it out

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement