Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, And the winner is.......... (pt 4) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,578 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

That's what the presidents legal team will be all over for the next few hours and days.

Anyone who thinks Trump is finished yet is delusional

I think they might need more evidence than a fake graph some loon made up on Twitter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭AlphaDelta1

Must be the Russians.

:pac: So true

• Registered Users Posts: 16,590 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Golden handshakes aren’t permitted under Covid 19 restrictions.

TRUMP-SAD-2-e1592653051365-350x218.jpg?is-pending-load=1

"Please tell me golden showers are"

• Registered Users Posts: 25,597 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Secretary service? Sounds like something Clinton would of availed of :D

Ill take Stormy Daniels for $500 please Alex.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,089 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

Biden gets sworn in as President, Secretary service toss Trump out of WH.

what about the ones that have to give him life long protection?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,770 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

• Registered Users Posts: 33,175 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

https://mielections.us/election/results/2020GEN_CENR.html

BTW if trump gets arizona and penn he's at 270?
    He is currently on 213...so no.
    I don't know that site but AP (ie reliable) has the below
    Arizona - Has Biden up 93kish
    Penn - Trump is up by 450k...but only 64 percent reporting

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

a recount in wisconsin would likely only flip a few hundred votes (if it went his way). a 20k+ flip he would need would be extremely unlikely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

Those couple of straight jumps for Biden first thing this morning are kind of sinister looking..

https://images.app.goo.gl/b4g1N7DUfWqZ3Jgf6

What do you think happened?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I never said they did. Read the post again i was referring to the poster hoping he was banned.

Twitter are a business and have no obligation to provide a platform to someone who is alleging illegal activity without evidence, which is what he is doing.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

froog wrote: »
    so trump wants every vote counted in the states he's behind, and not to count late votes in the states he's ahead.

Well if it’s only 1% you can hardly blame him,I’m sure Biden would do likewise

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

https://mielections.us/election/results/2020GEN_CENR.html

BTW if trump gets arizona and penn he's at 270?
    He's a good bit behind in Arizona and there are 1m votes to count in PA so a fair ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,075 ✭✭✭joseywhales

Secretary service? Sounds like something Clinton would of availed of :D

They might need small hands to toss Trump

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

keep counting votes sure, but biden would never demand votes stop being counted.

vojiwox wrote: »
    Depends where you're looking from I guess. Some would say glorious :pac:

I know many Biden supporters probably think it's fine..

Scary..

what about the ones that have to give him life long protection?

What about them, they probably be allowed to walk out with a smile on their face. They have to protect the man, it doesn't mean they have to agree with him or like him.

What do you think happened?

What do you think happened?..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

Or some people are sick of career politicians doing ****all for people. It's obvious people want change both here and in the states.

Oh sorry, yeah, we're all "paid alt-right trolls", when do I collect my money?

Yeah but instead of politicians that have done **** all for people you would rather a guy born with a golden spoon in his gob, never had to graft for anything, that has more success at running businesses into the ground than Gerald Ratner, lauds some very despicable politicians and has an odious uncaring attitude towards people in the main.

Trump has done fook all for people.
    He has let his citizens die through not alone his inaction, but his stupidity and lack of empathy.

And while this line might have worked in 2016 it doesn't work today.
    I have defended how normal decent people in lots of forgotten parts of that states could have voted for him in hope in 2016, there is absolutely no way to defend people that have voted for him this week.
    so trump wants every vote counted in the states he's behind, and not to count late votes in the states he's ahead.

Kinda childish isn't it.

You have to seriously wonder about people that actually thinks that is ok.

I am not allowed discuss …

Trump had a meltdown four years ago when Clinton asked for a recount in the same state.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

It's a fairly standard procedure and will not do much to Trump's total.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,075 ✭✭✭joseywhales

I know many Biden supporters probably think it's fine..

Scary..

It's perfectly natural, if you realise that not all counting locations are in total sync all the time, they could get counts in batches. A batch can come from Philly which can be 80% Biden.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,890 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

A question, what happens if Trump digs in and refuses to concede defeat if it does materialise that Biden wins. Has that ever happened in history before and if it does happen, who ultimately has the power to remove Trump?

he would be removed by force.

No. There are many possible scenarios. Removal by force is not one of them unless you get into a civil war situation.

People are somewhat familiar with the concept of a "faithless elector". They are generally less familiar with "duelling electors".

It is not impossible that we could end up with a duelling electors scenario, particularly if Trump calls out to his supporters to prevent the election being stolen from him by fraud.

You could get that some state legislatures or governors send two slates that is contrary to each other, with one being contrary to the state election result. In that scenario a few things could happen. The houses could decide which one to accept. Or they might not be able to decide. One possible outcome is that the EC, which is overseen by the President of the Senate (a Mr. Pence) decides to throw out all electors from that state because they cannot decide which is the "real" ones. Don't forget, US is a Federal system - it is up to the states to decide who they want to send as electors.

Under that scenario, it is possible that neither candidate meets the 270 majority. Then it reverts back to the House of representatives. At that point it is up to the house to elect the President. However, the vote is per delegation and not per delegate. Which effectively means one vote per state.

Ultimately it could be that scenario that plays out. If Trump refuses to concede, immediately storming the Whitehouse and dragging him out as the poster appears to think, is as much against their system as anything else that as been suggested.

If Biden is elected by the EC, or in the event that the EC does not elect a "Winner" - by the House, and Trump barricades himself into the Whitehouse, then of course he will be removed from it. But not until then. That is a different scenario to "refusing to concede". That would be refusing to accept the final result which is a different thing that refusing to accept the result of the election.

BTW, when it goes to the House, they are under no obligations to even consider the popular vote.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,566 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Some of my conservative friends are having a tantrum on Facebook that Biden has taken the lead in Michigan. Cries of conspiracy.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,089 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

What about them, they probably be allowed to walk out with a smile on their face. They have to protect the man, it doesn't mean they have to agree with him or like him.

i mean if they come to remove trump and he puts up a fight, pulls out a gun or something :pac:

jesus, this is ludicrous. hopefully a nice peaceful transition and get on with getting a coronavirus vaccine so i can get back to a pub!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

Per 2024 Republican nominee....

I think Ivanka Trump is the Trump who has been groomed for a future shot. She'd have no chance though

Pence will be eyeing it up

But the Reps will be anxious to cut all ties with Donald Trump, and with the name Trump and anyone associated in a big way with his administration - and try to confront the changing demographics of the US electorate.

Their biggest nightmare would be that The Donald will return in 2024 and inflict himself onto them again (if he loses this one obviously)! That could easily happen! He'd be 78, and he'd fancy his chances against an almost 82 year old Biden, or against Harris.

Marco Rubio, Ted Cruz, Tom Cotton maybe Nikki Haley , maybe Jeb Bush. These all spring to mind as other obvious possible nominees. Or Paul Ryan to come out of retirement.

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Mullaghteelin

cnocbui wrote: »
    They only polled urban areas or a lot of Trump supporters strung them along and were as honest as their beloved leader.

In other words, many were uncomfortable admitting to voting for Trump because of the hostility and condemnation they faced.
    There was research published earlier in the summer that suggested the US electorate was less confident admitting their political beliefs than ever before. The polls were always going to be worthless.

gmisk wrote: »
    He is currently on 213...so no.
    I don't know that site but AP (ie reliable) has the below
    Arizona - Has Biden up 93kish
    Penn - Trump is up by 450k...but only 64 percent reporting
    The site is legit but the numbers are entirely wrong.
    I don't often say this but...LMFAO. Well said sir!

I remember multiple posters who are weirdly absent today but were raving a few days back about how they loved Trump winning because of 'Liberal tears'. In addition to that, I imagine you and Hunky Monster were posting plenty of memes about how great upset liberals are. So I would say the scenarios has reversed dramatically..

Personally I'm glad that the US will have competent leadership again. I'm also loving that the gambling experts etc are about to seriously lose out. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,729 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

I was hoping Trump would win but clealy Biden has it. Only good outcome is Republicans will hold the Senate and ensure Decomcrats are kept on a tight leash and prevent the radical left wing getting any significent policy changes past.

It's perfectly natural, if you realise that not all counting locations are in total sync all the time, they could get counts in batches. A batch can come from Philly which can be 80% Biden.

Should be happening everywhere so, no?..and not just first thing at 6 in the morning..

Look, I know there's no point arguing about it.. just looks very questionable..

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

Trump had a meltdown four years ago when Clinton asked for a recount in the same state.

Politics I guess but I’d also ask for a recount if it’s within 1%. I think most would

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement