Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, And the winner is.......... (pt 4) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,375 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Wow

BNO News
    @BNONews
    BREAKING: Oregon becomes first U.S. state to decriminalize possession of all drugs, including cocaine, heroin, and meth, for personal use - AP/Oregonian

Terrible news this

Just booked my flight to Oregon for the Christmas holidays.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,043 ✭✭✭✭briany

Laois_Man wrote: »
    Per 2024 Republican nominee....

I think Ivanka Trump is the Trump who has been groomed for a future shot. She'd have no chance though

Pence will be eyeing it up

But the Reps will be anxious to cut all ties with Donald Trump, and with the name Trump and anyone associated in a big way with his administration - and try to confront the changing demographics of the US electorate.

Their biggest nightmare would be that The Donald will return in 2024 and inflict himself onto them again (if he loses this one obviously)! That could easily happen! He'd be 78, and he'd fancy his chances against an almost 82 year old Biden, or against Harris.

Marco Rubio, Ted Cruz, Tom Cotton maybe Nikki Haley , maybe Jeb Bush. These all spring to mind as other obvious possible nominees. Or Paul Ryan to come out of retirement.

Supposing Trump loses this...

Ivanka has some pros. She's young, photogenic as political candidates go, and has the Trump name. Cons are that she does not appear to possessed of the fire that her dad has or an ability to shoot from the hip which the Trump base so readily laps up. You'd just picture her as delivering these little pre-prepared speeches and doing her best Ivanka smile. The best chance for her would be that Ivanka 2024 carried the implication that it was really another term for the Donald and he was the one in the background pulling the strings.

Actually, thinking about it, this really applies whether Trump wins or not.

Donald is really a perfect storm in my opinion. No other candidate could stand as a true successor to him because they wouldn't encompass all his aspects.

Your assumption is incorrect. I've never posted anything even remotely like that. But you have to hand it to Hunky Monster, he called it as it is lol.

Hunky literally did that very thing only a few posts above you. Mature...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Wow

BNO News
    @BNONews
    BREAKING: Oregon becomes first U.S. state to decriminalize possession of all drugs, including cocaine, heroin, and meth, for personal use - AP/Oregonian

Terrible news this

Learned in the field of addiction studies / criminology are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,584 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Wow

BNO News @BNONews BREAKING: Oregon becomes first U.S. state to decriminalize possession of all drugs, including cocaine, heroin, and meth, for personal use - AP/Oregonian

Terrible news this
    How are drug dealers supposed to earn a crust?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,175 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Susan Collins, Lyndsey Graham, Mitch McConnell, all kept their senate seats.

I think it's fair to say that I, and a fair proportion of the people posting in this and other threads, do not and never will understand the mentality of the American people.

I totally agree.
    But the only one who realistically could have lost would be Susan Collins...her vote share seems to likely be down massively and in fairness to her she has voted against the Republicans on some issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Biden needs 72% of remaining votes to win Georgia, where they gave QAnon a seat.. I'm not as optimistic as some on here seem to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭nolivesmatter

Hunky literally did that very thing only a few posts above you. Mature...

I don't speak for him nor he for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭AlphaDelta1

What we're witnessing here with the split "closeness" of this vote.....is NOT the American people's judgements or affirmations regarding these topics. That is merely the narrative the hard left are positing in order to leverage the conscience of the electorate.

If the electorate truly believed that the Republican camp was genuinely an embodiment of all of the above "negatives" and was populated by "deplorables" as Clinton put it....then there's no way the voting would be this close, especially in connection with the Republican's application for a second term.

The moral, ethical shoddiness of the Republican voters is a manufactured, left-wing construct.

The evidence is there to see.....especially this hour.

If there was really any truth in the accusations being levied at Republican voters, they would have been "land-slided" out of existence this morning, courtesy of the intolerance of the US electorate for the "bad" characteristics they're accused of.

The truth of the matter is that millions of American voters quite simply "do not believe" that the left have been trying to leverage the US conscience from a position of sincerity, or that their judgements about "isms...phobias...and... ogynies" originates from a healthy, balanced mind-set, which allows for debate, nuance and circumstance.

The numbers today suggest that not enough of the left's "mud" has stuck in the mind of the US electorate....and also that political mud is basically what they've been slinging these last four years.

It's not enough to just give a political party "a bad name." There's got to be real substance in the accusations, and when enough people see the substance, the party is doomed and will crumble.

The Republican party is not quite as entrenched along deplorable lines as the left would have the electorate believe, and the numbers today are merely a testimony to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭sondagefaux

A question, what happens if Trump digs in and refuses to concede defeat if it does materialise that Biden wins. Has that ever happened in history before and if it does happen, who ultimately has the power to remove Trump?

Biden is sworn in as President and becomes Commander-in-Chief of the US armed forces...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Not salty, genuinely don't care, it doesn't affect me but the **** over each other in glee of Trump being dragged out of the WH is hilarious, you should all get a room and just **** each other at this point.

Oh, and it ain't over yet.

You seem pretty gleeful yourself here:

3-CFF2-CD8-E01-B-44-E9-AA55-AA11-C5-E453-AD.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 25,597 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Laois_Man wrote: »
    Should he lose, his presidency ends at the moment of inauguration at midday on January 20th regardless of whether he agrees to it or not.

He's not gonna be taking on the secret service with a gun! :D

Trump in the oval office, face covered with white powder screaming "SAY HELLO TO MY LIL FRIEND!!!" :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

There’ll be a lot of unhappy Americans whoever wins

• Registered Users Posts: 14,043 ✭✭✭✭briany

Yes because throwing addicts in jail and giving them a lifelong criminal record has proved itself to be a really good strategy.

AgreeableUnitedAustraliansilkyterrier-small.gif

Yes, drug users or drug addicts need advice and help, not being stuck in jail. The idea of someone getting a 3rd strike and long prison sentence for having a bag of drugs on them is ridiculous and just clogs up the prison system.

You could argue that legalising drugs represents a slip into societal immorality, but if nothing else it at least represents a change away from the unproductive insanity of the war on drugs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭sondagefaux

What we're witnessing here with the split "closeness" of this vote.....is NOT the American people's judgements or affirmations regarding these topics. That is merely the narrative the hard left are positing in order to leverage the conscience of the electorate.

If the electorate truly believed that the Republican camp was genuinely an embodiment of all of the above "negatives" and was populated by "deplorables" as Clinton put it....then there's no way the voting would be this close, especially in connection with the Republican's application for a second term.

The moral, ethical shoddiness of the Republican voters is a manufactured, left-wing construct.

If there was really any truth in the accusations being levied at Republican voters, they would have been "land-slided" out of existence this morning, courtesy of the intolerance of the US electorate for the "bad" characteristics they're accused of.

The truth of the matter is that millions of American voters quite simply "do not believe" that the left have been trying to leverage the US conscience from a position of sincerity, or that their judgements about "isms...phobias...and... ogynies" originates from a healthy, balanced mind-set, which allows for debate, nuance and circumstance.

The numbers today suggest that not enough of the left's "mud" has stuck in the mind of the US electorate....and also that political mud is basically what they've been slinging these last four years.

It's not enough to just give a political party "a bad name." There's got to be real substance in the accusations, and when enough people see the substance, the party is doomed and will crumble.

The Republican party is not quite as entrenched along deplorable lines as the left would have the electorate believe, and the numbers today are merely a testimony to this.

You lost, get over it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

JazzyJ wrote: »
    GRAB 'EM BY THE PUSSY. YOU CAN DO ANYTHING.

You left put the important part . "They let you"

• Registered Users Posts: 25,597 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

I hope they have the defib handy when they wake up Joe to tell him the good news...

Biden doing an announcement shortly on TV, Meanwhile Trump is hiding in his bunker rage tweeting.

Tbh, I'd say the resultant support he got it is a bleak reflection of the electorate. A president can behave as he had and still almost get reelected. You can claim that as a victory but it's a bleak one and doesn't really reflect what you think it does. Also, this is also a pretty hilarious effort at claiming some sort of a pyrrhic victory. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Ficheall wrote: »
    Biden needs 72% of remaining votes to win Georgia, where they gave QAnon a seat.. I'm not as optimistic as some on here seem to be.

I'd still be very cagey about Georgia, it would be a massive upset in my eyes, but it's all about where the remaining votes are. Those QAnon votes have long been counted for the incumbent.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

I bookmarked a couple of posts by Trump supporters who were absolutely, positively certain he'd win to the point where it seemed pretty clear they weren't being genuine*. Surprise surprise, one prominent poster's account is now closed, and he's not gonna get anyone anymore.

*just to be clear, I believe some pro-Trump posters here are being genuine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

You seem pretty gleeful yourself here:

3-CFF2-CD8-E01-B-44-E9-AA55-AA11-C5-E453-AD.jpg

Mod

He is gone. Leave it alone please.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,647 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Someone really needs to make Donald aware of the bolded bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,223 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Wow

BNO News
    @BNONews

Terrible news this

And when it turns out to be a massive success like the decriminalisation of marijuana will you learn anything or change your view? I doubt it somehow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭atr2002

Wow

BNO News
    @BNONews

Terrible news this
    You got family in Oregon?

• Registered Users Posts: 83,566 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Ficheall wrote: »

70% of the ballots to be counted are to registered Democrats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭AlphaDelta1

eagle eye wrote: »
    How are drug dealers supposed to earn a crust?

Get a job like most decent folk.

Drug dealers and users are disgusting.

You left put the important part . "They let you"
    Good for you, arguing the merits of the soon to be former President's immense misogyny.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,487 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Wow

BNO News
    @BNONews

Terrible news this

It's still illegal to supply them so very little will have changed for the police who don't want to waste time confiscating tiny amounts. Bit like Portugal I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,890 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Hilarious either way you look at it but if Trump does get ousted the freak out will never beat this from 2016.

But I can see it being more violent which is worrying.

It's hardly hilarious or representative of one segment of society though is it? If Trump wins there will surely be 20-30 clips of democrats crying/upset that can collected into a montage. And if Biden gets elected there will be 20-30 clips of republicans crying/upset that can be collected into a similar montage.

I don't see the point of people trying to make generalisations on a youtube video. I mean someone who believes that it proves something, is far more gullible than anyone on the video itself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Overheal wrote: »
    70% of the ballots to be counted are to registered Democrats.

Blimey. Would be an upset for sure but for Georgia that's a fairly remarkable showing either way.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement