Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, And the winner is.......... (pt 4) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,089 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

VinLieger wrote: »
    Portugal have had similar laws since the year 2000 yet nobody ever talks about it, you know why? Because it has been an absolute success and proves the wars on drugs is a failure and not about drugs at all.

maybe if you divert the money saved into mental health, drug prevention and all that.

can you imagine though, instead of going for a few pints; you might instead go for a few shots of heroin.

after reading from the wiki, maybe it is the better strategy:

Individuals found in possession of small quantities of drugs are issued summons. The drugs are confiscated, and the suspect is interviewed by a “Commission for the Dissuasion of Drug Addiction” (Comissões para a Dissuasda Toxicodependia – CDT). These commissions are made up of three people: A social worker, a psychiatrist, and an attorney.[11][13] The dissuasion commission have powers comparable to an arbitration committee, but restricted to cases involving drug use or possession of small amounts of drugs. There is one CDT in each of Portugal’s 18 districts.

The committees have a broad range of sanctions available to them when ruling on the drug use offence. These include:

Fines, ranging from €25 to €150. These figures are based on the Portuguese minimum wage of about €485 (Banco de Portugal, 2001) and translate into hours of work lost.
    Suspension of the right to practice if the user has a licensed profession (e.g. medical doctor, taxi driver) and may endanger another person or someone's possessions.
    Ban on visiting certain places (e.g. specific clubbing venues).
    Ban on associating with specific other persons.
    Foreign travel ban.
    Requirement to report periodically to the committee.
    Withdrawal of the right to carry a gun.
    Confiscation of personal possessions.
    Cessation of subsidies or allowances that a person receives from a public agency.

anyway OT so will leave it there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭AlphaDelta1

2ndcoming wrote: »
    That's very wordy but a short response is that this election shows that sadly a huge proportion of the American electorate are 100% behind Trump, despite his complete lack of morals or human compassion.

The cult of individualism is rampant over there. It's also a damning indictment of the American education system.

He was the most unsuitable person to ever run for national office in 2016, but protest votes happen. Learning everything we have in the time since and sticking with him isn't a protest vote, it's who you are.

He's a worse than useless candidate, just like Biden. This election has shown just how crazy a country America is but i already knew that having lived there for 7 years in the 90's.

The fact is sooner or later someone is coming along who is just as insane and decisive as the president but with actual intelligence that will appeal to Trump's base and a whole not more besides. That's when people should really be worried.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,136 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Go on so

What has joe biden running for president got to do with oregon decriminalizing drugs?

The other poster was talking about people being locked up for minor drug offences. The 1994 crime Bill resulted in a massive increase in that very thing. Biden was instrumental in the introduction of that Bill.
    Keeping up?

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

nullzero wrote: »
    The other poster was talking about people being locked up for minor drug offences. The 1994 crime Bill resulted in a massive increase in that very thing. Biden was instrumental in the introduction of that Bill.
    Keeping up?

Yes and?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭AlphaDelta1

Oh dear, RIP Oregon

It is sad for sure. The lunatics are finally taking over :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,590 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

What happened for Trump's price to shorten up?

Most of the bookies seem to have pulled their Wisconsin odds: is there something happening there?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

12/5 now, Biden 4/9.

For perspective a few hours ago Biden was 1/5 !

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭reforger

@gravel institute

Zapata County, Texas is the second most Hispanic county in America.

In 2012, Obama won it by 43 points.

In 2016, Hillary won it by 33 points.

In 2020, Biden lost it by 5 points

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭CharlesMartel

I think there is substance to the Trump call of fraud. Ballot boxes in Irelans are brought from the polling station to the count centre by the gardai. A ballot box being found later in a polling station here and then transferred to the count centre would be considered highly irrregular but is considered grand by the Biden camp. Now the democrats are suspending counts and then finding new boxes of votes postal or otherwise that are overwhelmingly pro-Biden. It stinks and is not the way the orange man should be removed

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Most of the bookies seem to have pulled their Wisconsin odds: is there something happening there?

Trump wants a recount, but the margin is big enough it's unlikely to make a difference so it may just be for show.

• Advertisement
    °°°°°

Yes and?

Go away.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,774 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

12/5 now, Biden 4/9.

For perspective a few hours ago Biden was 1/5 !

Thats still 69 % chance of winning
    Its done Trunp is out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭atr2002

No coincidence they rushed their sc appointment

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

I think there is substance to the Trump call of fraud. Ballot boxes in Irelans are brought from the polling station to the count centre by the gardai. A ballot box being found in a polling station here and then transferred to the count centre would be considered highly irrregular but is considered grand by the Biden camp. Now the democrats are suspending counts and then finding new boxes of votes postal or otherwise that are overwhelmingly pro-Biden. It stinks and is not the way the orange man should be removed

Is there any evidence this has happened?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

fox news coverage is all about lawsuits and "irregularities" now.

guiliani on his way to philly to stir up some **** too apparently.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,503 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

More of a Trump loss (if it transpires) than a Democrat win.

531783.png

You can be sure there are many in the GOP who won't be too disappointment if Trump looses at this stage given the strong results for the party across the board.

Plenty would prefer to let Biden in, it'll be far from a strong presidency and there are some dark clouds on the horizon for the economy. They'll find a more appealing candidate with strong conservative / nationalist credentials and build from there.

I think that lack of support may suddenly dawn on Trump when the GOP don't come out to back his legal proceeding moves.

Vaughn Hillyard of NBC news says there are about 440k outstanding ballots in Arizona and they expect to find more on top of that, and Trump would have to win those remaining ballots by 61% to win AZ.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,590 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Trump wants a recount, but the margin is big enough it's unlikely to make a difference so it may just be for show.

But if that's all it is would the bookies be closing the market? I mean the Reps have been flagging the recount for a while.

Go away.

Honestly, what's the connection. The poster said it's not a good idea to lock addicts up, you said Biden brought a law in to do that. AND?

The poster wasn't making a point about Biden. I just don't understand the reason for your post?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,075 ✭✭✭joseywhales

Susan Collins, Lyndsey Graham, Mitch McConnell, all kept their senate seats.

I think it's fair to say that I, and a fair proportion of the people posting in this and other threads, do not and never will understand the mentality of the American people.

I am in Maine, I think its a lack of understanding from the democratic party in maine, that they nominated someone who was not born in maine to challenge Collins. Mainers will never vote for an "out of stater"

• Advertisement
    °°°°°

Honestly, what's the connection. The poster said it's not a good idea to lock addicts up, you said Biden brought a law in to do that. AND?

The poster wasn't making a point about Biden. I just don't understand the reason for your post?

The poster is openly supporting Biden. Surely they would take issue with him having introduced a bill that put so many poor and often ethnic minority persons in prison over the last 26 years?

Is that not a point I am allowed to make?
    Is pointing out the hypocrisy of Biden not acceptable?

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

Thats still 69 % chance of winning
    Its done Trunp is out

eh? That's 3 in 10 chance of Trump winning. Almost a tossup at this point.

You can be sure there are many in the GOP who won't be too disappointment if Trump looses at this stage given the strong results for the party across the board.

Plenty would prefer to let Biden in, it'll be far from a strong presidency and there are some dark clouds on the horizon for the economy. They'll find a more appealing candidate with strong conservative / nationalist credentials and build from there.

I think that lack of support may suddenly dawn on Trump when the GOP don't come out to back his legal proceeding moves.

Yes, it will make defending their Senate seats and taking back the House a real possibility in 2022.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭McHardcore

I think there is substance to the Trump call of fraud. Ballot boxes in Irelans are brought from the polling station to the count centre by the gardai. A ballot box being found in a polling station here and then transferred to the count centre would be considered highly irrregular but is considered grand by the Biden camp. Now the democrats are suspending counts and then finding new boxes of votes postal or otherwise that are overwhelmingly pro-Biden. It stinks and is not the way the orange man should be removed

Ballot boxes are recommended to be transferred by Gardai, but I know that many are not in Ireland. The most important part is that they are sealed and stamped correctly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

maybe if you divert the money saved into mental health, drug prevention and all that.

can you imagine though, instead of going for a few pints; you might instead go for a few shots of heroin.

First of all it's not legal. Its decriminalised.
    Secondly there is nothing stopping you guiding doing shots of heroin instead of pints now (apart from pubs being closed)
    You choose not to. Just like you could drink half a litre of vodka at 9 in the morning but you dont

The poster is openly supporting Biden. Surely they would take issue with him having introduced a bill that put so many poor and often ethnic minority persons in prison over the last 26 years?

Is that not a point I am allowed to make?
    Is pointing out the hypocrisy of Biden not acceptable?

Oh I didn't see when the poster said they agreed with everything biden did or this specfic bill he supported 26 or so years ago...

Also the poster hasn't once posted about Biden in the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Mod

Take it to PM or start a thread on it. Leave it out of here.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,820 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

Biden going to speak soon according to sky news

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭BringBackMick

Some momentum for Trump in last hour.

This isnt over yet.

• Advertisement

Some momentum for Trump in last hour.

This isnt over yet.

Can you expand a bit on that?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement