Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, And the winner is.......... (pt 4) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,502 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Nobody is ever going to call Florida early again after 2000
    endainoz wrote: »
    Probably, but the margins of Florida are always extremely close so it's a bit silly making making a call too early.

Yeah this is a good point in fairness. Especially considering the fact that we know Trump may try and preemptively declare victory.

endainoz wrote: »
    Will be absolutely hilarious is Biden keeps up the lead in Texas and it goes blue.

It's definitely going blue with the migration to it from California. Just depends on which year it happens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭sheeplover55

Brit Hume stinking up Fox coverage a bit, reminds me of Johnny Giles constantly interrupting Bill on RTE towards the end

• Registered Users Posts: 23,761 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

froog wrote: »
    texas figures are massive for biden. a lead after 48% counted.

It will be swamped by the republican rural counties unfortunately.

Biden had to kill Harris county by at least 200,000 votes. He hasn't quite done it.

I think Texas goes to Biden.

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭rosser44

Morrison J wrote: »
    Paddy Power odds going back towards Biden

4/9 Biden
    7/5 Trump

Biden looking ahead in texas with almost half the vote counted prob the reason for the swing to Biden again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Qiaonasen

Ohio still has odds favouring Republicans.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

NYT now 71% for a Trump victory in NC

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭MoonUnit75

rosser44 wrote: »
    Biden looking ahead in texas with almost half the vote counted prob the reason for the swing to Biden again

Yes, CNN warning about Biden's lead in North Carolina, almost entirely the early vote which favours Biden.

Qiaonasen wrote: »
    Ohio still has odds favouring Republicans.

Ohio will go red, there's no way there will be a 10 point swing imo. For a swing state Trump walked it in 2016

Early boxes looking good for Trump in Michigan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭reforger

Rio Grande Valley area going for Biden but with a margin LESS than Hillary

It looks good for Trump in you ask me. Of course I don't know and I don't care but that is my gut feeling now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

texas figures are massive for biden. a lead after 48% counted.

Think this is what to watch our for as well, Texas could be one of the suprise flips of this. Far too early to call it for sure well need a few hours to see a better idea of how this pans out.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,502 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

I still think the early voting figures should alarm the Biden campaign. They're not as strong as predicted.

We will see plenty of states start out strong for Democrat and start turning Republican as the counts head into the late stages, just like Florida.

Ohio will go red, there's no way there will be a 10 point swing imo. For a swing state Trump walked it in 2016

The Ohio votes counted so far are also mail ballots.

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭rosser44

jesus I really can't stand KAC

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Brit Hume stinking up Fox coverage a bit, reminds me of Johnny Giles constantly interrupting Bill on RTE towards the end

Its late at night and I'm tired, which would explain why I wondered why you were calling John Hume a Brit.

Yes, I know there were quite a few things wrong with that thought

• Registered Users Posts: 12,510 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

I still think the early voting figures should alarm the Biden campaign. They're not as strong as predicted.

We will see plenty of states start out strong for Democrat and start turning Republican as the counts head into the late stages, just like Florida.

Yeah, but it some cases, mail votes could be counted for next few days.

Still though, never know!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,906 ✭✭✭ebbsy

It looks good for Trump in you ask me. Of course I don't know and I don't care but that is my gut feeling now.

Good enough for me.

If he does not win I am blaming you.

Governor Phil Scott (R) returned in Vermont

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,705 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring2

62% counted in North Carolina. Biden appears on course to flip it leading 54% to 45%. (fingers crossed!)

At this time, Biden has a clear path to 270, but it was much tighter race than the pundits suggested.

If they're no big swings to Trump in the next hour, i think its Biden as president. Bed for me have work.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

8 more years

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

another way to see it is that more republicans early voted than expected due to upsurge in covid.

I still have no idea what is gonna happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,510 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

I still have no idea what is gonna happen.

Yeah, its still very early

I remember a quote from Megan Kelly in 2016, once Trump won Florida. "If he's looking for the gap he's on the open road now" or something like that

It's panning out similarly to 2016 so far. NYT's predicts Trump NC, Florida

Michigan will be a big one

another way to see it is that more republicans early voted than expected due to upsurge in covid.

Trump is doing better in the later counts though, i.e. today's votes.

It's very exciting isn't it. NYT saying Biden isn't winning by enough in urban areas in Texas to flip it blue.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭reforger

Some concern about black vote in Cleveland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭thebouldwhacker

Looks like Florida will go red

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement