Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, And the winner is.......... (pt 4) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 5,996 ✭✭✭hometruths

Can you explain in detail why you think postal voting is not kosher?

I don't think the concept of postal voting itself is somehow dodgy, but I do think it is crazy that all the states seem to have different rules on it.
    Eg some allow it in only limited circumstances whilst others send postal ballots to every registered voter.

And some states say postal votes must be in before polling day, others say it can come in a week later.

Some start counting them as they arrive, others not until polls close.

All sounds nuts, and this loose system lends itself both to being more easily interfered with and accusations that it has been interfered with. Neither scenario is useful.

There is even some chat that postal votes which arrive in PA in the next few days can be counted if they don't have a postmark. No idea if this is true but the fact that it wouldn't surprise me if it was rather sums up the problems with the whole thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Trumps inner cult claiming victory in Penn on twitter?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭sheeplover55

Tucker 2024?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

Windows boarding up in detroit wtf on count centre crazy sht
    After a load of suitcases etc brought in.
    bout 4am. when counters said no counting till 10am

sharpies arizona hundreds given sharpies invalidate vote

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Videos emerging showing Trumpists intimidating count staff in Detroit. Classy bunch they are.

and dems have a team of lawyers observing them. crazy scenes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭sondagefaux

DrPhilG wrote: »
    How in the thundering f*uck is this reasonable? I've no problem with mailed ballots, especially mid pandemic. But it that's how you want to vote, feckin get them in the post and ensure they're delivered by Tuesday so they can be counted along with all the rest.

The whole country is a sh*t show with the way they count votes.

Trump appointed a sleazebag to head up the US Postal Service a couple of months ago when he realised that postal voting was going to be a major feature of this election.

The sleazebag has made every effort to disrupt the US Postal Service in an effort to try to invalidate as many postal votes as possible, through slowing their delivery.

Now that it's evident that much of this effort isn't working, Trump is resorting to his earlier rhetoric about postal votes being fradulent and is talking about legal action to prevent them being counted.

Trump yet again showing the world that he's a a whinging little brat who throws a tantrum whenever he can't get what he wants.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭Lollipop95

Overheal wrote: »
    Not yet. He needs to secure one other battleground state. Trump could take every tossup state right now and get over the line.

Yeah, was chatting to one of my American friends and they said Nevada is key...they’re not that confident that enough Americans turned out to do the right thing i.e. voted for Biden instead of Trump. But they’re hopeful Biden will prevail in the end

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭km991148

It's not nonsense, they locked out the New York Posts twitter account for posting a story with absolute no reasoning.

There was plenty reasoning. It was completely unsourced tabloid bs being treated as fact.

Frankly anyone who cries foul at this after years of all sorts of bs claims and disinformation being allowed rampant on all social media platforms (including via adverts that are extremely targetted) needs to get their head examined.

The entire industry is the wild west and needs to clean up it's act. The NYP debacle was a drop in the ocean and is definitely not indicative of some censorship scam. The opposite is true.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,361 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Overheal wrote: »

That tweet got a lot of traction and President retweeted. Fair play to him owning up and getting it out there that it was wrong

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

mad videos of detriot count cente fk me

Only a matter of time before the armed hillbillies turn up in their pickups.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

Trumps inner cult claiming victory in Penn on twitter?

trumps cult have been claiming victory since the very first county early count in florida.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

He's absolutely pathetic.

It's so embarrassing for the US internationally. Other world leaders must be looking on with disbelief.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

The msm are the ones who are feeding you your talking points, who do you think came up with the term "alternative fact"?

:pac::pac:

That was Kellyanne Conway...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,375 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Windows boarding up in detroit wtf on count centre crazy sht
    After a load of suitcases etc brought in.
    bout 4am. when counters said no counting till 10am

sharpies arizona hundreds given sharpies invalidate vote

bots copy ing n pasting badly wtf blunties validate vote

• Registered Users Posts: 10,121 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

So it turns out that the "alpha male" is a big sore loser, who'd have thunk it!

Hahaha so true.

I love how the guy who wears makeup, spends €70k a year on his hair, is a fat lump, pouts and preens for the camera and couldn't fight his way out of a paper bag thinks he's an alpha. Absolute delusion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

Videos emerging showing Trumpists intimidating count staff in Detroit. Classy bunch they are.

They might want to watch themselves there or they could get the fight they are craving. The Detroit Democrats are not your typical suburban Democrats. They are tough auto workers who won't put up with any crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    Only a matter of time before the armed hillbillies turn up in their pickups.

Antifa defense squads are putting mammys tights over their heads as we speak. They are on stand by.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

briany wrote: »
    Terms like 'fake news' and 'leftist' have a troubling Newspeak quality to them. We already had good words for those things. We don't need new words for old phenomena.

It was the msm that came up with the term "fake news" - they used it for things like Alex Jones at first, then they used it for websites like Breit Bart or anything Trump supporters said and that's what started the whole war of words. When I first started reading your post I thought you were complaining about people on the left using the term because they're the ones who originated "fake news" as a concept. I clearly remember them "explaining" the term on CNN about this new world of "fake news" where you could only trust them and the other mainstream news outlets.

The idea of labelling something "fake news" was meant to be for something that was COMPLETELY fake to put away in the mind as garbage, but the msm pushed it more and more, then Trump came along and it was fake news every article in favour of him. Trump and conservatives then started turning the word back on the likes of CNN, calling themselves Fake News and it took off like wildfire. It backfired on the likes of CNN spectacularly by associating them with "fake news". So please get a clue, it was the msm that started the word "fake news in the first place.

Leftists - really? lol. You're going to have a problem with a word describing someone on the left as a leftist? It's not even a bit irreverent like "lefty" is.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭km991148

The accepted consensus is that big tech supported the Biden campaign.

It's no secret or conspiracy theory

Your having a laugh if you believe that 'big tech' knobbled Twitter posts because some or a lot of their employees support Biden.

You need to learn more about how the Industry works.
    Trump has benefited massively from these platforms and been allowed to pay to spread all sorts of false claims, practically uncontested.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭Cody montana

froog wrote: »
    trumps cult have been claiming victory since the very first county early count in florida.

Kaylie McEnany and Eric Trump posting it atm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,771 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

mad videos of detriot count cente fk me

That's a result of Trump riling up his base. It's not only Detroit.

He has radicalised vulnerable elements of his base.

The msm are the ones who are feeding you your talking points, who do you think came up with the term "alternative fact"?

a deluded trumpist

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭atr2002

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Antifa defense squads are putting mammys tights over their heads as we speak. They are on stand by.

Probably also.

Oh how far the US has fallen in the past 4 years under this administration. A sight to behold for us Europeans looking in.

I wouldn't be keen to be joined at the hip as allies at their current state.

I'm surprised so many Irish folk think mail in ballots are kosher considering its practically nonexistent here. We all have to march down to the polling station and post our ballot.

I'm surprised Republicans who usually do better from postal votes are suddenly shocked and appalled at the use of postal votes.

I just hope those 1.8% or so Jo Jorgensen voters are happy with themselves. Toss your vote away on principle against the chance that the literal worst US President of all time may get another 4 years. That's just covfefe.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭funnydoggy

Damn you lecturers putting exams on the days of the election.. off to study!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,503 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Kaylie McEnany and Eric Trump posting it atm.

Despicable, obstructionist behaviour.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Republicans protesting and shouting "Stop the count" when they're 40,000 votes behind in MI is a special kind of stupid.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

Biden shortening to 1.2 on the exchanges after the price for Biden in Georgia came in to 1.2. Georgia definitely a lot closer now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement