Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, And the winner is.......... (pt 4) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

Biden quite optimistic about his chances.
    The difference between his mannerly, intelligent and bridge building approach is quite stark when compared to Trump's hate filled ramblings.
    Maybe a large no. of Republican will be glad to see Trump gone and maybe return in 2024 with a normal candidate.
    Trump has not been a normal president.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,405 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Im absolutely not claiming any postal fraud here, but with some rules about post marks not needed etc.. if a box with 10,000 only trump votes showed up in NV tomorrow and put trump ahead, winning him the election, would Biden supporters here accept it without question ?

Has there been cases of 10000 Biden votes arriving in the one box without post marks?

If not, I'm not sure what parallel you're trying to draw!..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,075 ✭✭✭joseywhales

Im absolutely not claiming any postal fraud here, but with some rules about post marks not needed etc.. if a box with 10,000 only trump votes showed up in NV tomorrow and put trump ahead, winning him the election, would Biden supporters here accept it without question ?

I presume, I dont know at all, that they are no longer collecting more ballots, so even if the postmark is off, I assume that they only collect ballots up until EOD Nov 3rd. Would like to know though.

Edit: except for overseas servicemen

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

ah stop will you.

XAndroid wrote: »
    Impressive.
    Except there's proofs of dead people voting

I see troll people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,375 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Biden shorting further, Trumps goose could be cooked. A decent win in Penn (50k votes+) for Biden and it'll be a decent gap.

You can get Trump at 6/1 right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭brick tamland

God that was weak from Biden. So uninspiring and lacking in energy. It's no wonder he did so poorly.

I think it's time to quit the wumming at this stage fella. It's very tiresome

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

tigger123 wrote: »
    Why or how would it just "show up"?

Nevada had a lot of issues with voting machines this time round, its well recognised from 2018 also.

Nevada has a lot of provisional ballots which are counted after.

Biden has a 1.1% lead in Michigan now, so no automatic recount

• Registered Users Posts: 13,361 ✭✭✭✭8-10

joe40 wrote: »
    The difference between his mannerly, intelligent and bridge building approach is quite stark when compared to Trump's hate filled ramblings.
    Maybe a large no. of Republican will be glad to see Trump gone and maybe return in 2024 with a normal candidate.

He also quoted the constitution. I don't believe I've ever heard Trump do that.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 9,510 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Trump should be conceding by now not throwing his toys out of the pram.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

ShineOn7 wrote: »
    And so it begins

I think the next few days on the streets of America will make the Rodney King riots look like a Disney film

Looks like a crowd of middle aged women and clean cut young people.

Hardly BLM type stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,705 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring2

Once Biden goes a vote ahead in PA, Trumps not going to regain the lead. All dem vote from now on.

I don't see a path for Trump to win. Biden 40 electorate votes up here. Trump would have to take every state to be reaching 270. Miracle, it's possible, but unlikely.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭smartz

joe40 wrote: »

Agreed. It's amazing how Biden was able to appear more presidential in one ten minute speech than Trump ever did with 4 years to grow into the office.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

Verify them and then accept them, it’s as simple as that.

It’s very unlikely, some of the counties don’t even have 10,000 voters, never mind extra voters.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,313 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

The lies and conspiracy theories are very tiresome now. There should be a thread just for the Trumpists to compare their conspiracy theories.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭tigger123

Nevada had a lot of issues with voting machines this time round, its well recognised from 2018 also.

But you're making it sound like a load of random ballots just show up out of nowhere.

Instead of registered posters exercising their democratic rights.

People have voted. If theres evidence of voter fraud, it will come out. But I doubt it will be found.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭Curious_Case

Any chance of Trump being tarred & feathered and marched down Pennsylvania Avenue by Disney characters ???

What's the craic with tv channels calling states? Do they not have the equivalent of a returning officer?

Generally all votes are not counted till a number of days have passed in a lot of states. But each county will post running totals. When it gets to a point where there is no foreseeable path for a candidate to take a state they will call it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,771 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

https://twitter.com/ryanmatsumoto1/status/1324101078963507200

"Red mirage/blue wave" = "on the day voting/mail-ins"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭sondagefaux

What's the craic with tv channels calling states? Do they not have the equivalent of a returning officer?

Yes, they do have electoral officials who announce the official results.

But it's pretty standard for media in most democracies to call the results before official announcements.

We have TV and other media calling election results in Ireland long before the official results are announced too.

It's not as if the US TV channels' calls have any official.status; they're just opinions as to the likely outcomes based on partial vote counts, emerging voting patterns and knowledge as to which way areas that have yet to be counted are likely to swing.

Bog standard media election result analysis in pretty much every democracy.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,591 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I don't see a path for Trump to win. Biden 40 electorate votes up here. Trump would have to take every state to be reaching 270. Miracle, it's possible, but unlikely.

1 and only 1:

531798.PNG

• Registered Users Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭Cody montana

But Trumps coronavirus conventions had thousands and Biden had dozens.

How?

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Delighted to see the fascist attempts to stop counting in Detroit was laughed off to the point that Michigan was called for Biden.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,361 ✭✭✭✭8-10

They also sent every registered voter in the state a mail in ballot by default rather than having them request ballots

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭smartz

Apparently that 1 percent rule is only the case in Wisconsin? It differs on a state by state basis, but somebody on NBC mentioned earlier that they just needed effectively reasonable cause (whatever that exactly means or who decides it, I don't know)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

Donald 5/2 to win Pennsylvania. He has a 300k lead there with a million votes to be counted. Biden needs 70%+ of those votes which is possible but those are good odds.

Couldn’t resist a bet on The Donald for Pennsylvania given that I had a €100 on Biden last night at almost 3/1 to win outright.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭embraer170

Rudy Giuliani speaking on Fox News. Long rant about 50,000 fake ballots for Biden being dumped into the count in Philadelphia etc. etc. etc.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

Looks like a crowd of middle aged women and clean cut young people.

Hardly BLM type stuff.

For now

Do you really think that eejit's supporters won't riot when he eventually concedes?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement