Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, And the winner is.......... (pt 4) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

What makes you think he's going to win Pennsylvania? :confused:

Trump is leading there by a lot. Are you just saying this to get into the spirit of "fighting for your side" or is there any actual reason for claiming that? Genuinely.

Yes I know the remaining votes will likely be democrat, but whether it will be enough is anyone's guess.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Apparently it's not illegal for the representatives to defy the people's actual vote and put in their own vote for the electoral college.

Aside from highlighting the lows the dems stooped to to try to steal the election from Trump - imagine if the unthinkable happened and they did it this time - but for Trump?

Faithless electors, some states have implemented laws to prevent this happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

Clinton did concede though

On Obamas advice if I remember correctly

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Well, that's the fallacy. It's the same chance.

I agreed it's the same choice. I simply said I'd rather be odds on towards the end of a vote than the start. My opinion can't be a fallacy.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Smee_Again wrote: »
    He’s been getting close to 70%+ of the mail in ballots but only needs 60%-ish, if this continues he’ll win by 150K+ votes.

There’s about 1m votes left to count.
    he is 300,000 behind. if there are a million votes uncounted (actually just under) then Biden would need 65% of the remaining votes. If he is getting 70% then happy days but it still seems a big ask to continue getting those numbers.

Trump is leading there by a lot. Are you just saying this to get into the spirit of "fighting for your side" or is there any actual reason for claiming that? Genuinely.

Yes I know the remaining votes will likely be democrat, but whether it will be enough is anyone's guess.

combine these posts and you get your answer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭one armed dwarf

Yeah she did the day after, but the night of the election when it was obvious it was over she sent out John Podesta instead, it wasn't well received at the time.

Ok, yea I remember the phone call to Trump as her conceding but you're right that it was the following day that she actually spoke.

Still though, this guy won't be conceding tomorrow. Or ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

nullzero wrote: »
    You're forgetting that when they did it, it was ethical, now the other side are doing it its amoral.

When it happened then she had won the popular vote.

Trump is going to have neither the popular vote nor the EC. So what basis would there be for having faithless electors voting for Trump other than him and his supporters being butt hurt?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭sondagefaux

schmittel wrote: »
    Haven't seen any evidence of that but I agree it is perfectly possible.

That's my whole point.

Why not design a universal system for the whole country to allow people to vote by post that is not open to these sort of doubts? It's nuts.

Here's evidence.

https://thehill.com/regulation/court-battles/524347-postal-service-misses-court-ordered-deadline-for-unsent-mail-ballots?amp#click=https://t.co/ZBfYVsOdkR

The problem doesn't lie with different states having different approaches to postal voting.

It lies with the political interference with the US Postal Service with the Trump-appointed sleazebag who heads the USPS for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

GazzaL wrote: »
    A bad day for global peace and prosperity if Trump doesn't get elected. A great day for the Irish TWITeratti.

Global peace.. The guy that threatened nuclear war with both North Korea and Iran..

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1143529907403788288

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Funkfield

• Registered Users Posts: 12,223 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

We all knew it was going to be closer than the polls but it’s still closer than I was expecting. Fat lady will be singing soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

trump is "claiming" states like your drunken idiot friend playing risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

he is 300,000 behind. if there are a million votes uncounted (actually just under) then Biden would need 65% of the remaining votes. If he is getting 70% then happy days but it still seems a big ask to continue getting those numbers.

Oh it’s undoubtedly going to be close but the trends are looking good.

Explained a few posts above, Biden winning enough of the mail on ballots to close the gap.

This is why the Republicans fought so hard to make sure mail in ballots couldn’t be counted early.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭GazzaL

rossie1977 wrote: »
    Global peace.. The guy that threatened nuclear war with both North Korea and Iran..

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1143529907403788288

The man was nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize this very year. He's achieved more in this year than most people will achieve in a lifetime. Inspirational really.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,607 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

God, I love Michigan.
    Never been there, think Detroit's there. Beautiful place, someday I might even look for it on a map.
    It would be nice to shake a Michigan person's hand someday, maybe even kiss their feet.
    God, I love Michigan.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,341 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Senior republicans now abandoning Trump.

McConnell just after saying all votes must be counted.

They want him gone (they just can't say it too loud).

It's been happening all day long since Pence did a salvage job on his speech this morning. McConnell will just cut him loose now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Overheal wrote: »
    Nobody's calling it yet but GOP will have at least 50 Senate seats.

So if Biden wins and they have a tie in the senate, then VP Harris is the deciding vote, right?

Time for Trump to do the noble thing and concede defeat - Clinton was scalded for not conceding the night of the election and people still remember it.

trump and noble dont belong in the same sentence.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Happydays2020

Biden will win. And quite comfortably.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/live-blog/2020-election-results-coverage/

Suggest reading Nate Silver 4:38pm (US time)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,593 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Senior republicans now abandoning Trump.

McConnell just after saying all votes must be counted.
    They want him gone (they just can't say it too loud).
    He said earlier that there'd be a peaceful transition of power too.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,234 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

What sort of a real conversation is possible when there is contempt and banning of the other point of view? Total waste of time.

Have a different point of view, but more often than not those thinking they have a different point of view are just making up and posting absolute bull**** and lies. That's not a different point of view.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,090 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

Trump not seen yet today... imagine if he committed suicide.

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 83,599 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

wes wrote: »
    So if Biden wins and they have a tie in the senate, then VP Harris is the deciding vote, right?

Yep.

GazzaL wrote: »
    The man was nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize this very year. He's achieved more in this year than most people will achieve in a lifetime. Inspirational really.

nominated by a nutjob who nominates people like trump for publicity.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

Fox news are predicting Biden where cnn are being more conservative. Weird

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭sheeplover55

rossie1977 wrote: »

Do you really want to compare Trump's war record to previous administrations? You can hammer him all you want on other topics but be real for a second please.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭Curious_Case

Inquitus wrote: »

I hereby claim the Great Lakes,
    oh yeah, and Devil's Tower in Wyoming too, always liked it !

Don't have a flag yet, but going to use my holiday underpants on a provisional basis.

I'm completely sane, I'm all there, I mean "here", I mean "what do I mean?"

Rudy, where's Rudy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

If you genuinely believe that Trump will win Pennsylvania, then you should bet on him on at 13/5. It's not just "anyone's guess" whether Biden will get enough votes. The expert analysis has concluded that due to the demographic and nature of the remaining votes, that they will heavily favour Biden and give him enough for a 100k-200k majority. It is not written in stone that this will happen, but the prediction is not based on wishful thinking and guesswork.

• Advertisement

What sort of a real conversation is possible when there is contempt and banning of the other point of view? Total waste of time.

Here? Been dipping in and out most of the evening, but the only two people I've seen banned were obviously trolling.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement