Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, And the winner is.......... (pt 4) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,090 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

Thought they already had a majority of the US Senate?

my bad. keep control

• Registered Users Posts: 7,681 ✭✭✭54and56

Only downside for having that clown lose is we'll have to endure another diddley-eye visit to some sh*thole town somewhere that has ancestral links to Joe

Someone somewhere is planning an off ramp to a new stylish* "Plaza".

* May be complete BS

• Registered Users Posts: 14,048 ✭✭✭✭briany

Will we be rid of Qanon now

No. I think that'll fester on for quite a while and accusations about fraud in the PA count will only add fuel to the fire. Already, QAnon is making headway into the normal political sphere with a supporter winning a congressional seat. The way the Republican base is going in the U.S., I honest-to-god would not be surprised if the well-known American conspiracy theorist radio host Alex Jones announced a presidential bid for 2024 and actually be competitive in the primary, if not win it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,777 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

rodge123 wrote: »
    Can’t stop watching this, hilarious. :D:D

In a sense though it's not funny at all. It's very serious.

Trump is twisting the minds of people like that and it's sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭FarmerBrowne

I wouldn't be too well up on the history of American politics, if Biden wins, who was the last president that had served as VP?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭metaoblivia

I wouldn't be too well up on the history of American politics, if Biden wins, who was the last president that had served as VP?

George H W Bush - he served as VP under Reagan

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭vafankillar

hmmm wrote: »
    I suspect a lot of Republicans wlll be secretly happy with what has happened. Biden will likely only serve one term, so there will be a competitive election in 4 years. I'm sure they are sick of dealing with the Trump family. Many are probably concerned about the direction their base are being led. And I don't believe any intelligent individual can possibly have a conversation with Donald (the 1 term President) without feeling their brains melt in frustration.

I mean that was what was thought going into the election but his republican base actually increased not decreased which suggests not as many as thought at all

• Registered Users Posts: 8,233 ✭✭✭threeball

Bush snr

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Has anyone claimed Leitrim yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Random Account

Will Biden pull American companies out of Ireland?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

hmmm wrote: »
    I suspect a lot of Republicans wlll be secretly happy with what has happened. Biden will likely only serve one term, so there will be a competitive election in 4 years. I'm sure they are sick of dealing with the Trump family. Many are probably concerned about the direction their base are being led. And I don't believe any intelligent individual can possibly have a conversation with Donald (the 1 term President) without feeling their brains melt in frustration.

I feel the same. Regardless of your political orientation, republican or democrat, anyone with an ounce of intelligence must realise Trump is a clown. The 2 party system means they have to support their man, but how many republicans were cringing at his gaffes over the years.
    Then again I don't know enough about America or American politics to know for sure. I do know Trump and his base represent a large number of Americans but not the majority. America is better than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,375 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Will we be rid of Qanon now

Two QAnon promoting Republican candidates have been elected to the House.

Johnson?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭km991148

Thepoet85 wrote: »
    Has anyone claimed Leitrim yet?

Is that still a thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,955 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Bush Sr was Reagan's VP.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

The big winner of the whole election is John King.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,146 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

briany wrote: »
    No. I think that'll fester on for quite a while and accusations about fraud in the PA count will only add fuel to the fire. Already, QAnon is making headway into the normal political sphere with a supporter winning a congressional seat. The way the Republican base is going in the U.S., I honest-to-god would not be surprised if the well-known American conspiracy theorist radio host Alex Jones announced a presidential bid for 2024 and actually be competitive in the primary, if not win it.

Well he'd make sure they'd stop turning the frogs gay.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

I mean that was what was thought going into the election but his republican base actually increased not decreased which suggests not as many as thought at all
    I'm more thinking of the senior leadership of the party. Trump was a vote winner, but they could probably have put out an inanimate carbon rod as candidate and got 80% of the same vote as long as it had an (R) beside its name. Biden is not a radical, will be easy to get on with (probably), and will likely be gone in 4 years, has to deal with an intractable pandemic, and has finished off Trump for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

George H W Bush - he served as VP under Reagan

assuming he wins, would Biden be the first VP to become president that wasn't elected directly after the president he served under??

• Registered Users Posts: 17,090 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

doubtful, especially if he increases corporation tax

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭sondagefaux

Associated Press called Michigan for Biden a few minutes ago, giving him 264 Electoral College votes by AP's reckoning.

https://mobile.twitter.com/AP_Politics/status/1324124136055230464

If AP is right, he just needs to win Nevada to get the next 6 Electoral College votes required to bring him enough EC votes to win the presidency.

Nevada was going to pause vote counting, but has decided to continue its count for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,603 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

assuming he wins, would Biden be the first VP to become president that wasn't elected directly after the president he served under??

Richard Nixon. Maybe one earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭runswithascript

I doubt it.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,177 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Those tweets from Trump about claiming states for electoral purposes are wild!
    Twitter sticking the warnings on them is also hilarious

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Where are people watching all this? I have the ABC live feed on YouTube but sure there is more ad breaks than votes!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

he may reform tax laws which leave them no reason to be here, but theres nothing on the table.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭sondagefaux

How? They're not state-owned, they're privately owned. Unless the USA imposes sanctions on Ireland, US companies can set up in Ireland as they please.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,413 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Is it possible Nevada could go to Trump? Seems like nothing in it..

If so, it could actually end up with Trump taking all remaining states and winning right?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

Biden is an old school Atlantacist/Globalist, unlike Trump - he will probably look to rebuild relations with Europe. With the Repubs controlling the Senate, he can achieve a few wins in foreign policy but it's going to be difficult to do anything on things like tax and trade policies.

• Advertisement

Typical that the Americans only do this high level entertainment once every four years whereas we have the Eurovision every year!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement