Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, And the winner is.......... (pt 4) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,351 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Shambolic behaviour by Trump. I suspect even most Republicans want him to just get a grip and admit defeat.

At the end of the day despite defeat, this hasn't been a bad election for them. They've held the Senate (against the odds), I believe they've made gains in the House, and they've gone to the wire with a deeply unpopular candidate in Trump even though the polls were predicting a massacre.

This could have been a disaster for them if they'd lost the Senate as well as the Whitehouse.

Plus I don't think Biden lasts the full term, so Harris will be President and she was soundly rejected by the base in the primaries.

Republicans should be (and I suspect want to be) putting the Trump era firmly behind them and planning for a 2024 race where I suspect they'll have a strong chance.

Probability is that the blue candidate will either be an 81 year old Biden who would be dribbling in his bib, or Kamela Harris who has done nothing thus far to indicate that she can win any popularity contest after falling flat in the primaries.

I think even Mike Pence would win that fight and he's a personality vacuum.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,048 ✭✭✭✭briany

py2006 wrote: »
    He won't shut up about it for years!

The late night talk shows MAY have him on for ratings.

I'd love to see Trump on the Joe Rogan Podcast + special guest Eddie Bravo.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,603 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

CNN - "approximately 90 mins" Maricopa County will have 'new data' (Arizona)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Big Donny needs to lower the rethoric a bit. I think we all feel something dodgy went on, the scale of it is unclear.

I think he's best off proving it (if it is true to be fraudulent) when he's not president. If it was blatant as tens of thousands of votes being added in to help Biden, somebody is going to talk. Maybe it's not true, maybe Biden did win "cleanly" but Trump has to keep up it up that the full arm of the media and Big tech skewed how people voted. Which is true.

The Democrats are a dumpster fire. They will murder each other over the next 2 years. The Biden/Harris Regime will be a lame duck after the next set of senate and Congress elections. He can waltz back into the White House in 4 Years with minimum fuss. His support still strong, feeling wronged. The democrats fighting their own civil war and ending up with a minority supported candidate (like trump was himself to be fair).

All he has to do is hand the rope to the democratic party to hang themselves for at least a decade. But he has to go with some grace.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭km991148

py2006 wrote: »
    He won't shut up about it for years!

The late night talk shows MAY have him on for ratings.

Sadly true.

Hopefully he'll be facing trial, or better still (and more likely) he will disappear to some 'safe' country. He will escape justice but I think it's worth it for the greater good of not having to listen to his soul destroying poisonous sh!t.
    The best was to deal with narcisisim is to ignore it completely. Not indulge it with tweets, memes, airtime and a presidency ffs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,342 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

briany wrote: »

Jesus. That would end up worse than the one with Alex Jones.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,777 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Overheal wrote: »
    CNN - "approximately 90 mins" Maricopa County will have 'new data' (Arizona)

Outskirts of Pheonix, suburb land, should continue favoring democrats.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,603 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Rumor on FB: "Fun fact: the district in Nebraska that Dems flipped is the one where people got hypothermia because Trump’s campaign never brought them home. If we win NV, we hit 270. This one electoral vote made it possible." I haven't fact checked this, Nebraskas system (And Maines) is weird

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Trump pulling out the big guns now. What could go wrong?

EmBPWrdWoAELk21?format=jpg&name=medium

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

briany wrote: »

Lol, I can totally see that happening too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭vafankillar

so going from 88% report to 89% reporting pennslyvania went from

Trump 51.5% -> 51.3%
    Biden 47.3% -> 47.6%

i'm not good enough at maths to pretend to be able to work that out, but if each percentage is similar, which it should be with mail in votes, it's biden taking the state for sure right

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭sondagefaux

I dont think the blue-collar areas in the rust belt voted him for nothing. Look it up for yourself

Ive seen features on BBC or ITV news in the past where they have visited small towns in middle America where there was previously a strong steel industry until it was closed resulting in huge job losses and decline in that town and more or less outsourced to China. Trump made the industries some way competitive. Biden proposed to raise the corporate tax rate to 28 percent. How is that going to entice companies to make their goods in the US?

And how many of these steel factories or other industries have reopened because of Trump?

Many people in the UK voted for Brexit and still support it, in the expectation that it's going to bring economic benefits to previously industrial areas.

The fact that it hasn't, and won't, means that a lot of Brexit supporters have been conned.

The fact that people in the rust-belt supported Trump doesn't mean he's done anything for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭sheeplover55

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Shambolic behaviour by Trump. I suspect even most Republicans want him to just get a grip and admit defeat.

At the end of the day despite defeat, this hasn't been a bad election for them. They've held the Senate (against the odds), I believe they've made gains in the House, and they've gone to the wire with a deeply unpopular candidate in Trump even though the polls were predicting a massacre.

This could have been a disaster for them if they'd lost the Senate as well as the Whitehouse.

Plus I don't think Biden lasts the full term, so Harris will be President and she was soundly rejected by the base in the primaries.

Republicans should be (and I suspect want to be) putting the Trump era firmly behind them and planning for a 2024 race where I suspect they'll have a strong chance.

Probability is that the blue candidate will either be an 81 year old Biden who would be dribbling in his bib, or Kamela Harris who has done nothing thus far to indicate that she can win any popularity contest after falling flat in the primaries.

I think even Mike Pence would win that fight and he's a personality vacuum.

Most honest and true post on this thread. Would not be surprised to see Tucker Carlson run in 2024 and win

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

According to Associated Press Biden is 264 and only needs Nevada. All I can think of is Hillary Clinton must feel like aa bit of an eejit.

Hillary really fucked up in a number of ways:

- didn’t visit any of the battleground states after the primaries
    - the “basket of deplorables” comment. It’s never good to be contemptuous of the electorate. It marked her out as an elitist. Very alienating.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,060 ✭✭✭endainoz

Trump pulling out the big guns now. What could go wrong?

EmBPWrdWoAELk21?format=jpg&name=medium

South park did him perfectly

• Registered Users Posts: 14,048 ✭✭✭✭briany

Tony EH wrote: »
    Jesus. That would end up worse than the one with Alex Jones.

I know. That's a large part of the appeal in the idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

km991148 wrote: »
    Hopefully he'll be facing trial, or better still (and more likely) he will disappear to some 'safe' country.

I've purposely stayed out of the loop

What is he possibly facing trial for?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Hillary really fucked up in a number of ways:

- didn’t visit any of the battleground states after the primaries
    - the “basket of deplorables” comment. It’s never good to be contemptuous of the electorate. It marked her out as an elitist. Very alienating.

I think she also assumed she had the female vote...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,777 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

ShineOn7 wrote: »
    I've purposely stayed out of the loop

What is he possibly facing trial for?

pee'd on some hookers in Russia apparently.

if there was actual dirt on trump they would have found it 3 years ago, it's all baloney

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Random Account

How? They're not state-owned, they're privately owned. Unless the USA imposes sanctions on Ireland, US companies can set up in Ireland as they please.

I mean like will be lower corporation tax in America to where it’s more expensive to be here in Ireland than America .

Big Donny needs to lower the rethoric a bit. I think we all feel something dodgy went on, the scale of it is unclear.

I think he's best off proving it (if it is true to be fraudulent) when he's not president. If it was blatant as tens of thousands of votes being added in to help Biden, somebody is going to talk. Maybe it's not true, maybe Biden did win "cleanly" but Trump has to keep up it up that the full arm of the media and Big tech skewed how people voted. Which is true.

The Democrats are a dumpster fire. They will murder each other over the next 2 years. The Biden/Harris Regime will be a lame duck after the next set of senate and Congress elections. He can waltz back into the White House in 4 Years with minimum fuss. His support still strong, feeling wronged. The democrats fighting their own civil war and ending up with a minority supported candidate (like trump was himself to be fair).

All he has to do is hand the rope to the democratic party to hang themselves for at least a decade. But he has to go with some grace.

Donnie doing anything with grace, that'll be the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,079 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Does it occur to you that Trump might be making false claims?

He did this repeatedly in 2016, claiming that the election was rigged. I remember him being asked "but what if he won", to which he replied "if I win, it wasn't rigged".

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,566 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

RonaVirus wrote: »
    Is this a high quality post?

Mod

Don't post in here again.

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    Does it occur to you that Trump might be making false claims?

He did this repeatedly in 2016, claiming that the election was rigged. I remember him being asked "but what if he won", to which he replied "if I win, it wasn't rigged".

It was rigged in 2016 and 2020 too, at least as far as the polls and predictions go.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭km991148

Something dodgy? As in multiple campaigns of disinformation spread via social media? Screwing over the postal service to subterfuge people's democratic rights during a pandemic? That kind of dodgy?

I would love to understand how people can be so delusional.

As far grace. You are witnessing the start of a man with an unfiagnosed personality disorder about to go through a full on narcissistic breakdown. Unless a trained psychiatrist steps in, there will be no grace. It's going to be one long protracted dog fight, much like his presidency.

I just hope the violence on the streets isn't so bad and not many people will take the law into their own hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,681 ✭✭✭54and56

RonaVirus wrote: »
    If Biden wins, and nothing gets better for the underclasses, what will they think then?

That there's no real difference between the broken promises of Trump's 4 years in office and Bidens?

It's just a guess.

What do you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭sondagefaux

so going from 88% report to 89% reporting pennslyvania went from

Trump 51.5% -> 51.3%
    Biden 47.3% -> 47.6%

i'm not good enough at maths to pretend to be able to work that out, but if each percentage is similar, which it should be with mail in votes, it's biden taking the state for sure right

If every 1% increase in reported votes leads to Biden gaining 0.3% in vote share, the change from 89% reporting to 100% reporting brings him an extra 3.3% to add to the 47.6% share.

47.6% × 3.3% = 50.9%

• Registered Users Posts: 5,060 ✭✭✭endainoz

Fair play to the mods tonight, taking no sh1te from anyone!

• Advertisement

If Trump does lose I might be a bit sorry for one or two posters who flushed half their dole money down the toilet on him in the bookies, because in their words they wanted to own the libs.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement