Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, And the winner is.......... (pt 4) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

The post president trump era will be fascinating to watch. Does he keep doing rallies? Visit qanon fan clubs? Or will be in court the rest of his life? How long before twitter ban him?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,079 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

It was rigged in 2016 and 2020 too, at least as far as the polls and predictions go.

How were they rigged exactly? Polls can be correct, but footfall in the day itself can be a different story

• Registered Users Posts: 16,597 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

froog wrote: »
    The post president trump era will be fascinating to watch. Does he keep doing rallies? Visit qanon fan clubs? Or will be in court the rest of his life? How long before twitter ban him?

He launches his long-threatened TV network. The whole presidency escapade was just preparing the ground for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

He will be sorting out his taxes and paying off his debts

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭vafankillar

If every 1% increase in reported votes leads to Biden gaining 0.3% in vote share, the change from 89% reporting to 100% reporting brings him an extra 3.3% to add to the 47.6% share.

47.6% × 3.3% = 50.9%

so still just a bit less than trumps current 51.2% if he can manage to keep that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭km991148

How long before twitter ban him?

Twitter won't ban anyone with that level of page impressions.

I wonder how much he has actually made for them..? it's fin hilarious to think that people actually believe Twitter are censoring him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,665 ✭✭✭dasdog

My geographic knowledge of the USA has been greatly increased over the last 24 hours. And travel restriction permitting I'm going to visit some of these flip states next year.

So I'm hoping AZ carry it as I loved roadrunner cartoons when I was a kid and always wanted to see the desert rock stacks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

Trump called his department the deep state department.

Fauci laughed because the deep state is a conspiracy theory.

Trump made a joke and Fauci laughed at it.... how is that bad on Trump?

Donnie and the gang have been giving fauci so much crap, even just in the last few weeks, what you said has nothing to do with I was getting at..

Donnie is the one getting sacked, I'm sure fauci is having a good old chuckle to himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,342 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

It was rigged in 2016 and 2020 too, at least as far as the polls and predictions go.

Polls are a snapshot in time. The data a poll can gather can change within a day. They can only tell you something vaguely and at that particular moment.

Anyone looking at polls and drawing set conclusions, especially in an election race that is narrow, is only fooling themselves.

ShineOn7 wrote: »
    I've purposely stayed out of the loop

What is he possibly facing trial for?

Just asking a question are you?

Come on..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

so still just a bit less than trumps current 51.2% if he can manage to keep that

For every 0.1% that Biden goes up, Trump goes down 0.1%. Biden is well on track for Pennsylvania.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,777 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

EmBQnjjUYAAnJ8T?format=jpg&name=small

Down to 44,000 now...and Atlanta counties have enough vote to come for Biden.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

I thought Trump had a comfortable win I was obviously wrong. The media push and polling were insane to me including zero negative Biden stories on aggregators even if you search for it. No matter what race it is that means the media aren't doing their job; and some polls were outrageous e.g. Wisconsin +17 etc.

I particularly don't like the intellectual move towards fact-checking and arbitrating truth online. I'm shocked to see people not recognise the problem with this and how it has been and will be weaponised. Online discussions generally involved people just posting some newspaper article to do their talking for them, often without understanding what is actually written - just a headline that says what they want. People seem to genuinely believe that online propaganda is a problem unique to dumb right-wing Qanon people, this even after the Russian collusion nightmare dragged on for 3 years with endless sh!te from all the reputable newspapers.

The main theme I've seen that still makes me uncomfortable is that despite everyone calling out Trump zealots all day long there is a consistent lack of any critical questioning of Biden and some frankly shocking rationalising of things from the silly to the potentially serious - much like what is claimed of Trump supporters.

So far today we've had: the Iranians are rational actors, welcoming of the Chinese as the dominant superpower and John Bolton is trustworthy all because they were on the opposite side to Trump. It will be interesting to see that the covid deaths will no longer be attributable to the president once Biden gets in too... no blaming him for how governors handle things like there was for Trump.

I understand it's exciting getting Trump out and congrats to Biden but some of the talk on here defies belief. I've said the things Trump was focused on outweighed his character flaws and idiosyncrasies and failures, the main one being the anti-China pivot - and the proof is Biden who was all about normalised relations has had to pick up the baton.

I assume the media will go back to not being curious about anything for another 4 - 8 years. I'm genuinely curious about a year or two after the dust has settled and all the AOC and Bernie fans online realise that they are the other side of the populist coin and won't be getting a look in either. Also interesting will be dynamic between BLM (who are already being sussed out by the black community, particularly the new ADOS movement), Antifa (who don't have any more fascism) and the new administration.

All in all, the election was exciting even though it's bit of a shock for me and I view it as a loss of a necessary anti-establishment push in the US. Although some of the trends did come to pass like some of the shifting in the voters of each party, I got this wrong. In the future, the Democrats will have to actually work for black and minority votes forever more which I don't think would have happened without Trump.

I think we can all agree it'll be great if Trump ownz the intel-agencies by pardoning Snowden and Assange and we get some chance of journalism surviving into the future!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,079 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

I particularly don't like the intellectual move towards fact-checking and arbitrating truth online.

I do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

py2006 wrote: »
    I think she also assumed she had the female vote...

Yes, that too.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,352 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Most honest and true post on this thread. Would not be surprised to see Tucker Carlson run in 2024 and win

Feck me, I said they want to put the Trump era behind them. That plank would be more of the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

Hey guys, I found another stack of ballots with 99% Biden *wink wink*.

We wouldn't want to check facts now, would we...I've seen it all now..

You actually talk about weaponising facts.. it's already been done ffs with the amount of times you hear people bleat on about fake news. Haven't you been paying attention?

I guess the do say ignorance is bliss.

That's the last one.. good night and good luck...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

km991148 wrote: »
    Just asking a question are you?

Come on..

Yes, I was

Wind your neck in there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭Sawduck

How much longer is left until a winner is declared, hours?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

DubInMeath wrote: »
    If Trump does lose I might be a bit sorry for one or two posters who flushed half their dole money down the toilet on him in the bookies, because in their words they wanted to own the libs.

What about that $5,000,000 bet on a Trump victory? I’m guessing and hoping that that’s somebody for whom $5,000,000 is pocket change.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Randle P. McMurphy

py2006 wrote: »
    He will be sorting out his taxes and paying off his debts

That will be a first.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭sondagefaux

dasdog wrote: »
    My geographic knowledge of the USA has been greatly increased over the last 24 hours. And travel restriction permitting I'm going to visit some of these flip states next year.

So I'm hoping AZ carry it as I loved roadrunner cartoons when I was a kid and always wanted to see the desert rock stacks.

https://navajonationparks.org/tribal-parks/monument-valley/

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭vafankillar

Dante7 wrote: »
    For every 0.1% that Biden goes up, Trump goes down 0.1%. Biden is well on track for Pennsylvania.

i'm wouldn't be too confident about that, could be another upset

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭sheeplover55

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    How were they rigged exactly? Polls can be correct, but footfall in the day itself can be a different story

I don't know how outlets like the New York Times and Reuters give Biden +11 and +12 or whatever in their final polls before election in states like Wisconsin. The congressional races were even more off. Susan Collins was predicted to lose +10 but even up winning by that margin.

I guess the question is why are the predictions ALWAYS skewed for Democrats?

Please give me an answer because I just don't get it

https://twitter.com/rkylesmith/status/1324034971699466240

• Registered Users Posts: 7,681 ✭✭✭54and56

He launches his long-threatened TV network. The whole presidency escapade was just preparing the ground for that.

Even if he did try to do an Oprah Winfrey by starting his own channel his current base would quickly turn on him for being a one term loser.

At the moment, for red neck militias and evangelicals etc he's a flag of convenience, the least worst option, but once he's no longer in power and of use to them they'll savage him for being the nakedly sycophant and thin skinned coward he is and has been all his life.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,597 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

That will be a first.

He's like the anti-Lannister

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    I do.

You'll be happy as a pig in ****e so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

He never wanted to win in 2016.

There's a video somewhere out there when the winner is announced in Trump's war room and the look him and his missus give each other says it all

The 4 years that followed have been "Sure fúck it, I'm here now. Let's stir the pot hourly"

He only wanted to increase his celeb "brand" and land a very, very lucrative book deal out of the 2016 race, and my guess is he'll get one next year from a more maverick publisher

• Advertisement

ShineOn7 wrote: »
    Yes, I was

Wind your neck in there

Just asking a question is a specific term. I think there needs to be a touch of calm..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement