Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump vs Biden 2020, And the winner is.......... (pt 4) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Do you know how many followers those so called "rogue" government twitter accounts garnered post 2016?

Tell me how it's different.

Those rogue characters didn't get elected to Congress. The QAnon stuff is mainstream stuff for Republicans now. Those Rogue staffer accounts? Not so much.

There's a gullibility gap between the two parties ober there.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,503 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Asylum15 wrote: »
    So basically Trump has to win Pennsylvania, North Carolina, Alaska, Arizona and Georgia and he's in.

I still think Arizona will go red.

It's possible, but it is a big ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,221 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

So basically Trump has to win Pennsylvania, North Carolina, Alaska, Arizona and Georgia and he's in.

Not a chance now. The absentee count only adds daylight for Uncle Joe.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

Dude are you following this at all? Arizona is already blue and won't change, it's Nevada and the rest or bust for Trump.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,777 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Trump lead slashed to 200,000 now in PA.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Sawduck wrote: »
    Going to bed now, I don't think we will see a winner until sometime tomorrow, this is a looooong election process

Nighty night, brush your teeth and take your socks off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

Trump doesn't think so.

AP is reporting he's taking legal action to halt vote counting in Georgia.

The lawsuit is based on someone supposedly seeing someone else putting 53 late absentee ballots in with a bag of legitimate votes. 53. Sad bastards.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,603 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

py2006 wrote: »
    Nighty night, brush your teeth and take your socks off.

Check your socks for any postmarked ballots!

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Old_-_School

Can't see Trump holding his lead in GA.
    He's 48k ahead with 150k mail-in votes to be counted, with Atlanta making up the most of those.
    So Biden needs to win the remaining votes 2:1 and has been winning mail-in votes in GA way greater than 2:1 so far.

Trump adviser tells Jim Acosta, CNN, if Georgia goes against Trump, its game over man.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭sheeplover55

Those rogue characters didn't get elected to Congress. The QAnon stuff is mainstream stuff for Republicans now. Those Rogue staffer accounts? Not so much.

There's a gullibility gap between the two parties ober there.

Ah yes, I forgot about the moral superiority, it all makes sense now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭sondagefaux

Overheal wrote: »
    Frivolous.

Not the point.

You said outstanding postal ballots could potentially reinforce Trump in Georgia.

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Trump adviser tells Jim Acosta, CNN, if Georgia goes against Trump, its game over man.

That's not a secret that's the math.

531830.PNG

Not the point.

You said outstanding postal ballots could potentially reinforce Trump in Georgia.

Yes I did.

Ah yes, I forgot about the moral superiority, it all makes sense now.

Dude, remember your audience here.

We are, for the most part, educated, Irish, middle class, centrist, Democratic Party sympathising.

Its not moral superiority, we are in every tangible and intangible way superior to your typical Trump voter or sympathiser. Lets not put a tooth in that.

If you were on boards.oklahoma, I've no doubt you'd be having a very different interaction (and Lord knows the spelling would be worse), but buddy, you ain't!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭sondagefaux

Dante7 wrote: »
    The lawsuit is based on someone supposedly seeing someone else putting 53 late absentee ballots in with a bag of legitimate votes. 53. Sad bastards.

They'll claim it's indicative of more widespread rule breaking.

The 'someone' who claims to have seen this is a Republican party worker.

We are, for the most part, educated, Irish, middle class, centrist, Democratic Party sympathising.

Its not moral superiority, we are in every tangible and intangible way superior to your typical Trump voter or sympathiser. Lets not put a tooth in that.

If you were on boards.oklahoma, I've no doubt you'd be having a very different interaction (and Lord knows the spelling would be worse), but buddy, you ain't!

The term you're looking for is egalitarian - which American Republicans are not by and large.

Overheal wrote: »
    That's not a secret that's the math.

531830.PNG

Yes we all know that, the point is it came from a Trump campaign HQ suit, thats a first.

Yes we all know that, the point is it came from a Trump campaign HQ suit, thats a first.

suppose.

Trump has been very nervous to aides about the possibility of facing criminal indictments in January.

It was a simple question, why did the New York Times have Biden +11 in states like Wisconsin, or Susan Collins ( who won by 10 ) down by 10 and not one single polling outlet predicted her winning? This happened across the board, not just two individual cases.

I just don't get it, it's not some partisan viewpoint, it's bewildering to me after 2016, Brexit, and now this 2020 election.

The polls cite a "margin of error" as if to say it's scientific. For e.g. the +11 the New York times published says there's a 3-4 point margin of error, so OK. Biden win's by 7 it's within it. The reality is there's nothing scientific about polls at all and for the most part especially when going against the right wing parties in recent times they turn out to be complete bull.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,861 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Will Trump demand recounts?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

So far today we've had: the Iranians are rational actors, welcoming of the Chinese as the dominant superpower and John Bolton is trustworthy all because they were on the opposite side to Trump. It will be interesting to see that the covid deaths will no longer be attributable to the president once Biden gets in too... no blaming him for how governors handle things like there was for Trump.

I don't think anyone is claiming that the Iranians are rational actors. There was an agreement which Donnie pulled the US out of. China are not dominant, they might be though in the near future if the West doesn't get its act together. The Democrats policy was to work with the EU in trying to put manners on China through trade. The only people Donnie has hurt with his Chinese tariffs are the American people. You do know that the MAGA hats are made in China. Bolton is trustworthy (in that he will tell the truth), so I don't know what your problem is with him other than that he is too hawkish.

As for Covid - without Trump organising superspreaders, perhaps there will be a reduction in deaths. It will be nice to see a US President telling people to wear masks etc., and try and protect themselves from the virus. From what I understand as well, Trump (Kushner) blocked federal covid aid going to democratic cities. Hopefully Biden will support the new Director General of the WTO (they haven't so far) which is holding that up, rejoin the Paris Climate agreement and the WHO. As well as that, maybe there might be a bit more certainty around NATO.

Its worth noting by the way, that in the last 4 years, mining in Pennsylvania has been reduced by 10%. Trump couldn't hold that tide back.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Will Trump demand recounts?

Absolutely.

Trump lead down to 38k in Georgia.

Trump lead slashed again just now in PA. Down to just 2.8% from 3.9% an hour a go.

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    I do.

Btw twitter was censoring Trumps tweets today. Whatever you think of trump censoring the sitting president of the US is outrageous politicking by twitter.

They were also censoring a lot of his followers. That's not fact checking, that's interfering in an election and taking sides.

Biden will be ahead of Trump in PA soon and it's going to be funny when it happens :D

200.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 18,079 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Btw twitter was censoring Trumps tweets today. Whatever you think of trump censoring the sitting president of the US is outrageous politicking by twitter.

They were also censoring a lot of his followers. That's not fact checking, that's interfering in an election and taking sides.

They were highlighting potentially misleading or false information, the tweets were still readable. Being President doesn't make someone infallible.

And let's cut the panto here, Trump tells a lot of porkie pies to put it mildly.

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    They were highlighting potentially misleading or false information, the tweets were still readable. Being President doesn't make someone infallible.

And let's cut the panto here, Trump tells a lot of porkie pies to put it mildly.

You ignore my rebuttals from previous posts, here's another. Do you condone Twitter locking out the New York Post's twitter account on false allegations of hacking concerning a negative story for Joe Biden?

Did you have a problem with twitter disseminating Trump's tax returns which weren't legally obtained?

• Advertisement

You ignore my rebuttals from previous posts, here's another. Do you condone Twitter locking out the New York Post's twitter account on false allegations of hacking concerning a negative story for Joe Biden?

Did you have a problem with twitter disseminating Trump's tax returns which weren't legally obtained?

Makes no difference one way or the other what anyone thinks. Twitter as a private company can do as they wish.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement